• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriots News

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck... I don't care if it's from 1 quarter. I like it. :suds:
Yah, I wasn't trying to imply it was a bad thing :D, but on further review I really didn't need to reply. I'm just so used to seeing facts like those supporting an opinion and your only opinion was you liked it...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wont be any better next week :suds:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports James White suffered a hip subluxation in Week 3 and is "out indefinitely."​

Rapoport added that a stint on injured reserve would make sense for White. With White out, the Patriots were forced to use Brandon Bolden as their pass-catching back versus the Saints. Bolden played on 33 snaps and saw four targets. J.J. Taylor, who was made active over Rhamondre Stevenson, was targeted twice on 10 snaps. Stevenson should be expected to be active going forward but the third-down role is entirely up for grabs. Taylor and Stevenson can be stashed in deep leagues but the ambiguity of this situation makes all three players unappealing for now.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports James White suffered a hip subluxation in Week 3 and is "out indefinitely."​

Rapoport added that a stint on injured reserve would make sense for White. With White out, the Patriots were forced to use Brandon Bolden as their pass-catching back versus the Saints. Bolden played on 33 snaps and saw four targets. J.J. Taylor, who was made active over Rhamondre Stevenson, was targeted twice on 10 snaps. Stevenson should be expected to be active going forward but the third-down role is entirely up for grabs. Taylor and Stevenson can be stashed in deep leagues but the ambiguity of this situation makes all three players unappealing for now.
Sadly, BB's love affair with Bolden came back and bit him in the ass Sunday. BUT, he'll stick with Bolden until the season is over, instead of promoting Wilkerson off the PS or signing a decent free agent like Todd Gurley, Frank Gore or TJ Yeldon. All of whom would give back more in a single game than Bolden is capable of giving in a decade.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots worked out RB Ryquell Armstead on Tuesday.​

New England also worked out Arvis Pierce, Dontrell Hilliard, and Ito Smith. They are in the market for a running back after James White suffered a hip injury that will sideline him indefinitely in Week 3. None of these guys are on the fantasy radar, but it could have an impact on the other Patriots running backs.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Brandon Bolden led the Patriots backfield in snaps last week against the Saints.​

James White played six snaps before suffering a serious hip injury in New England's Week 3 loss. From there, Bolden -- a longtime special teamer -- played 46 percent of the team's offensive snaps while Damien Harris played 31 percent. The Boston Herald's Andrew Callahan said Bolden -- who had six touches for 22 yards against the Saints -- was forced into a prominent role because Harris "couldn’t be trusted in pass protection once White went down." Harris, per Callahan, "has allowed pressure on 28.6 percent of the snaps he’s been engaged in pass protection this year, an untenable rate." While Harris was never going to see much playing time in negative game script, his pass protection struggles could further erode his playing time. He's a fringe option in 12-team leagues this week against the Bucs, who come into Foxboro as 6.5-point favorites. Game flow likely won't be kind to Harris in Week 4