• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Patriot Trades

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally, BB has come out of his cave.

According to NFL.com the Patriots and Raiders have been working this trade for several weeks.

The teams have exchanges 2022 draft picks that have not been finalized.

The Patriots have renegotiated Trent Brown's contract and instead of 2 years $29M, he is back with the Patriots for one year and will be paid $11M.

This pretty much confirms that Joe Thuney will not be back. Wynn will move to LG and Brown will be the LT. Marcus Cannon will most likely be cut because there are two 2nd year tackles, Owenue and Herron, who were outstanding in 2020.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't be stupid news until after someone trades for him.
The thing that everyone must remember is that all teams have until March 17 to get their teams to $182.5M. There are teams that right now are under the cap but have Roster Bonuses that come due on March 17th through March 24. The Bills are one team that has 8 players due a bonus on March 21 so they decided to cut WR John Brown yesterday and save themselves $8M. WR Emmanual Sanders also got cut last night.

As far a N'Keal Harry is concerned, we may not think he's worth dirt. BUT, he has two years remaining on hus rookie contract and if your a team in dire straights, would you consider trading a $12M edge veteran for a cheap 6'3" WR? Or how about a $16M WR for a $2M WR? Teams are tendering players with first and second round tenders hoping that someone will take the money off their hands and give them a draft pick. Panic is beginning to set in and those teams that have been just waiting expecting he cap to somehow magically get propped up to $205M are now doing laundry and showering to clean up the mess in their pants.

The fun part will be watching teams like the Chiefs try to wiggle and squirm their way to the cap. They have to move money on their top 51 players on the payroll and they have 23 potential free agents. Their biggest problem is that they have pissed off a lot of teams over the past four years and they don't have a lot of friends willing to 'help' them out.

people always laughed at how BB always applauded and built up other teams and never had anything negative to say about anyone. It's times like these that try men's soulsand it's amazing how many "friends" Bill has right now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that everyone must remember is that all teams have until March 17 to get their teams to $182.5M. There are teams that right now are under the cap but have Roster Bonuses that come due on March 17th through March 24. The Bills are one team that has 8 players due a bonus on March 21 so they decided to cut WR John Brown yesterday and save themselves $8M. WR Emmanual Sanders also got cut last night.

As far a N'Keal Harry is concerned, we may not think he's worth dirt. BUT, he has two years remaining on hus rookie contract and if your a team in dire straights, would you consider trading a $12M edge veteran for a cheap 6'3" WR? Or how about a $16M WR for a $2M WR? Teams are tendering players with first and second round tenders hoping that someone will take the money off their hands and give them a draft pick. Panic is beginning to set in and those teams that have been just waiting expecting he cap to somehow magically get propped up to $205M are now doing laundry and showering to clean up the mess in their pants.

The fun part will be watching teams like the Chiefs try to wiggle and squirm their way to the cap. They have to move money on their top 51 players on the payroll and they have 23 potential free agents. Their biggest problem is that they have pissed off a lot of teams over the past four years and they don't have a lot of friends willing to 'help' them out.

people always laughed at how BB always applauded and built up other teams and never had anything negative to say about anyone. It's times like these that try men's soulsand it's amazing how many "friends" Bill has right now.
So, what your saying is Bill saw all this coming and was fully prepared for it, and that he may have actually imported the Wuhan Flu to speed things up a bit...?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what your saying is Bill saw all this coming and was fully prepared for it, and that he may have actually imported the Wuhan Flu to speed things up a bit...?
He saw it coming but couldn't stop the flu from emptying the seats and spoiling the hot dogs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF...???
WHO??

Maybe this should have gone under "Stupid News"?

A lot of people speculating that the Patriots started this rumor that people were calling about him in the hopes some team would bite. So far doesn't seem like that is happening.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people speculating that the Patriots started this rumor that people were calling about him in the hopes some team would bite. So far doesn't seem like that is happening.
I doubt the Pats did but have little doubt the Pats media would, they are a bunch of lying bastards.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things are so much quieter in Foxboro than in previous years. If someone burps in Arizona, the rumors start in Boston.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? BB is known for holding his hands close to his vest and throwing bones to those who deal well with him. He's not known to lie, cheat and steal his way through trades.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that this thread will be getting some use in the next few weeks.

Rumors are always circulating and we know that Harry and Gilmore are unhappy.

Then again, names like Winovich and Stidham keep popping up when trades are mentioned.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the reason I went to this thread was because a rumor was started or talked about yesterday and supposedly the Patriots were contacted by the Raiders about Sony Michele. No details.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah, the reason I went to this thread was because a rumor was started or talked about yesterday and supposedly the Patriots were contacted by the Raiders about Sony Michele. No details.
So
Michel (3rd or 4th)
Harry ( 6th or 7th )
Gilmore (2nd)
Stidham (4th or 5th)
Winovich 3rd or 4 th

Are all named being mentioned there is some fire power there.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So
Michel (3rd or 4th)
Harry ( 6th or 7th )
Gilmore (2nd)
Stidham (4th or 5th)
Winovich 3rd or 4 th

Michel I agree with. Would hope it's a 3rd. If it's a 4th it would need to be an anticipated early round 4th.

I think the right team will give up a 5th for Harry and BB should jump.

Gilmore take that 2nd and be happy. He likely has one or two years left. His skills have started to drop and injuries increase.

I'd hate to give up Stid before camp. I'm not taking a 4th pre camp. A third you have my attention. After camp let's see what shakes out. I'm ready, sitting here not seeing any of the OTAs or camp but ready to let Mac start. Stid #2 and Hoyer 3 if you keep 3.

As much as I like Winovich we are deep at LB\DE types. Take a 3rd and wish him well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So
Michel (3rd or 4th)
Harry ( 6th or 7th )
Gilmore (2nd)
Stidham (4th or 5th)
Winovich 3rd or 4 th

Michel 3rd
Harry 4th or 5th
Gilmore 2nd
Stidham 3rd unless the offer comes after unsuccessful preseason
Winovich 2nd kid is a starter anywhere else

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winovich 2nd kid is a starter anywhere else

I agree. I remember reading something last season about his "mouth" in the locker room and I wonder if there's something there. I thought when they drafted him that he was going to grow into one of the next great Patriots and retire here. Curious to know what's going on.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I remember reading something last season about his "mouth" in the locker room and I wonder if there's something there. I thought when they drafted him that he was going to grow into one of the next great Patriots and retire here. Curious to know what's going on.
He's got a High Motor maybe he also has a high motor mouth?