• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to hear that Colbert is still shopping the FA market... That's not a good sign for Tuitt

@SteelersPride @thedddd @Superbelt
Tuitt is the exception to the rule "Can't make the club in the Tub."

Dude spends an incredible amount of time on the sideline, and seems like his roster spot is still very safe.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to hear that Colbert is still shopping the FA market... That's not a good sign for Tuitt

@SteelersPride @thedddd @Superbelt
Man think it was kaboly? Was on the radio saying they expected him back after the bye.

Yeah really when will Tuitt be back? I have no clue what is going on with him but never a bad thing looking for more help.
Think it was after the death of a family member…not sure its an injury?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuitt is the exception to the rule "Can't make the club in the Tub."

Dude spends an incredible amount of time on the sideline, and seems like his roster spot is still very safe.
Since signing his contract he's averaging $12m per year and averaging just under 12 games started per year... 47 total starts out of a possible 64... Yea that's rough

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man think it was kaboly? Was on the radio saying they expected him back after the bye.

Think it was after the death of a family member…not sure its an injury?
I've heard from different sources that its a combination of the death of his brother, poor conditioning (as a result of missing TC), and a tweaked knee (likely another result of poor conditioning)... So in reality its all a snowballing effect of the death of his brother

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since signing his contract he's averaging $12m per year and averaging just under 12 games started per year... 47 total starts out of a possible 64... Yea that's rough
EDIT... This isn't including this year. So actually its 47 starts out of a possible 69 (nice)... ~68% availability

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, his brother's death is a big factor in this absence.

And if that was it, I would be understanding. But this is a year after year thing with him. And we need someone to be there.

Great on the field, but he's too often not on the field.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard from different sources that its a combination of the death of his brother, poor conditioning (as a result of missing TC), and a tweaked knee (likely another result of poor conditioning)... So in reality its all a snowballing effect of the death of his brother
yeah, thats quite tough. Regardless, would love to see him back

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, his brother's death is a big factor in this absence.

And if that was it, I would be understanding. But this is a year after year thing with him. And we need someone to be there.

Great on the field, but he's too often not on the field.
Agreed. Big driving factor for why I floated the trade idea around this past offseason. Still wouldn’t be opposed but it’s less likely at this point

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to look in our own backyard for bens successor. Kenny pickett is the best qb in the country. His growth has been crazy.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to look in our own backyard for bens successor. Kenny pickett is the best qb in the country. His growth has been crazy.
Would Pickett realistically be in reach though? Before this season I think he was a 2nd-3rd Rd projection, but his current rate of ascension puts him top 10 easy. He would need to stumble a few times to put himself in the 15-18 range where a 8 to 9 win team would be. But I might be holding him on a higher pedestal than scouts/analysts.

But if Pickett is there then he is an easy pick for me. I have been blown away by him this season. Reminds me a lot of Herbert. Fantastic arm talent, great awareness, and plays well under pressure.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Mercilus interested was tied to this at all?
And really if there was room to improve another part of the roster why not move him at this point. If not keep him because he will be needed when an injury strikes.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would Pickett realistically be in reach though? Before this season I think he was a 2nd-3rd Rd projection, but his current rate of ascension puts him top 10 easy. He would need to stumble a few times to put himself in the 15-18 range where a 8 to 9 win team would be. But I might be holding him on a higher pedestal than scouts/analysts.

But if Pickett is there then he is an easy pick for me. I have been blown away by him this season. Reminds me a lot of Herbert. Fantastic arm talent, great awareness, and plays well under pressure.
If they can trade up for Devin Bush, they can trade up for a QB. (whether it's Pickett or anyone else.)

Maybe someone can start a Pickett has a coke habit rumor.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone can start a Pickett has a coke habit rumor.
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonder if the Mercilus interested was tied to this at all?
And really if there was room to improve another part of the roster why not move him at this point. If not keep him because he will be needed when an injury strikes.

Well damn. Even though I don't want to give up Ingram I am still very interested to hear what is being offered. I don't think the Steelers have been using the 3 OLBs sets nearly as much as they used to, but they will need it against divisional opponents that can run the ball better. Schobert & Bush don't seem to be helping against the run.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn. Even though I don't want to give up Ingram I am still very interested to hear what is being offered. I don't think the Steelers have been using the 3 OLBs sets nearly as much as they used to, but they will need it against divisional opponents that can run the ball better. Schobert & Bush don't seem to be helping against the run.
3rd rounder? Sure.

Less than that? Nah.

I know they aren't rotating him in quite as much as they started to, but he's electric. And eventually, they are gonna need him on the field again. OLBs get hurt often enough.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd rounder? Sure.

Less than that? Nah.

I know they aren't rotating him in quite as much as they started to, but he's electric. And eventually, they are gonna need him on the field again. OLBs get hurt often enough.
Yea I don't know if they could say no to a 3rd Rd pick... Especially not a team who prides themselves in building through the draft. But if they are serious about this being the last hoorah with Ben then I don't think they can give up Ingram. If they do then I'd be inclined to believe they are giving up on this year... Which realistically isn't a bad idea at this point.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd rounder? Sure.

Less than that? Nah.

Yeah if they could get a 3rd for him then do it.
And I agreed if not keep him they will need the depth at some point.

Stunk though the game w/o Watt he really wasn't a factor like you hope he would be.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if they could get a 3rd for him then do it.
And I agreed if not keep him they will need the depth at some point.

Stunk though the game w/o Watt he really wasn't a factor like you hope he would be.
One of the few games I actually rewatched this year was against Cincy. Ingram was pretty solid vs. Cincy but the biggest problem was Butler primarily only rushed 4... And he was trying really hard to move Ingram around and sending different LBers to "probe" their OL to see where the weaknesses were... Which there weren't too many. Ingram & Heyward were still generating pressure, but Butler thinking he could continue his success with 4 rushers without the likes of Watt & Highsmith was arrogance.

Also didn't help that Ingram was doing a lot of pre-snap coaching to Tuszka who had been just promoted to active roster. Jamir Jones was utterly useless and ended up getting cut.