• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NFL Draft Discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nashville was way better than Cleveland.
Maybe COVID had something to do with it. Weather has been sucky. It’s ohio
Next year “Vegas baby”

Been to both Cleveland and Nashville and while I do like Cleveland this doesn't surprise me. If I ever went to a draft it would be in Vegas... But not sure I ever want to attend a draft with the SportsHoopla the NFL has made it into. I miss the basic draft where I could just watch it, enjoy it and not have music played during it and more and more fans attending who don't even know their second round draft pick when they are selected. The second and third round having a celeb or former player announcing is annoying too..... I want to hear the pick.. I don't need Drew Pearson to bump up the crowd or Chester Pitts to share his story about how his dad was a Browns fan growing up... I love the draft, but it has turned into weirdness to me with the events and things they do to try and get people involved in it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if I did go to Vegas for the draft.... I would make it a week long trip. Been to Vegas several times but I wouldn't want to go just to watch the draft and fly home... Too much money to win out there...

I'd be that guy that enjoys the Vegas for a few days then run to my hotel room when the draft starts because I want to be away from the crowd when the draft starts. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been to both Cleveland and Nashville and while I do like Cleveland this doesn't surprise me. If I ever went to a draft it would be in Vegas... But not sure I ever want to attend a draft with the SportsHoopla the NFL has made it into. I miss the basic draft where I could just watch it, enjoy it and not have music played during it and more and more fans attending who don't even know their second round draft pick when they are selected. The second and third round having a celeb or former player announcing is annoying too..... I want to hear the pick.. I don't need Drew Pearson to bump up the crowd or Chester Pitts to share his story about how his dad was a Browns fan growing up... I love the draft, but it has turned into weirdness to me with the events and things they do to try and get people involved in it.
I had the same reaction to the apparent attempt to merge football with pop culture.

Also - kind of funny was the NFL blond lady who came out to announce picks - was obviously not liking having to walk past some bedraggled (and probably smelly) fans on stage (supposedly to sit in the commissioner's lazyboy).

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the same reaction to the apparent attempt to merge football with pop culture.

Also - kind of funny was the NFL blond lady who came out to announce picks - was obviously not liking having to walk past some bedraggled (and probably smelly) fans on stage (supposedly to sit in the commissioner's lazyboy).

LOL- She didn't look happy at all!

Draft needs to stick to their old ways of announcing picks. I wish the draft would go back to more of the classic look they gave us. Instead they are trying to attract people like my sister who cares nothing about the draft and might enjoy the bands. Trying too hard to turn this into more then just a draft. Let the draft fans enjoy the draft. The other people can hit up a concert or an anime convention.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are names that stick out to me on day 3 as "value where they have already fallen to or will likely fall to.

My BPA left are listed 1-10 reguardless of need.

Dayvion Nixon, DT, Iowa (1)
Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (2)
Tylan Wallace, WR, Oklahoma State (3)
Damar Hamlin, S, Pitt (4)
Jamar Johnson, S, Indiana (5)
Jabril Cox, LB, LSU (6)
Kenny Yeboah, TE, Ole Miss (7)
Shaun Wade, CB/S, Ohio State(8)
Chris Rumph, DE, Duke (9)
Kenneth Gainwell, RB, Memphis(10)
Brevin Jordan, TE, Miami (FL)
Chuba Hubbard, RB, Oklahoma State
Bobby Brown, DT, Texas A&M
Janarius Robinson, EDGE, Florida State
James Hudson, OT Cincinnati
James Wiggins, S, Cincinnati (Has Fangio written all over him)
Robert Rochell, CB, Central Arkansas
Cameron McGrone, ILB, Michigan
Shaka Toney, EDGE, Penn State (This is a guy I think would be perfect for Denver to take a flyer on and blossom under Chubb and Miller and Malik Reed, I think he could develop into a Shaq Barrett like pass rusher in time)
Christian Uphoss, S, Illinois State
Jonathan Cooper, EDGE, Ohio State
Elerson Smith, EDGE, Northern Iowa
Shi Smith, WR, South Carolina
Patrick Johnson, EDGE, Tulane
KJ Sails, CB, South Florida
Seth Williams, WR, Auburn
Rahmondre Stevenson, RB, Oklahoma
Justin Hilliard, LB, Ohio State
Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State
Tommy Doyle, OT, Miami (OH)
D'Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina
Joshuah Bledsoe, S, Missouri (Special teams deamon)
Dazz Newsome, WR, North Carolina
Shawn Davis, S, Florida
Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi State
Adrian Early, OT, Oklahoma
Rachad Wildgoose, CB, Wisconsin
Ihmir Smith-Marsette, WR, Iowa
Camryn Bynum, CB, Cal
Evan McPhearson, K, Florida
Josh Ball, OT, Marshall
Breannan Eagles, WR, Texas
Frank Darby, WR, Arizona State
Here's a couple of guys I'd like: Ihmir Smith-Marsette KR - WR (replaces spencer) - Demetric Felton RB-WR - Simi Fehoko WR/TE - Tommy Doyle OT -

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco brain trust was quoted as saying they have 6 targets in round 3 and felt if they traded down at least a couple of those guys would be there. Wouldn't you know - the top two on their target list were still there when the picked at the end of the round. No comment on whether that comment was true, but I do like the concept of having specific players targeted by for certain rounds of the draft. This is what you do when you are very confident in your scouting department.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronco brain trust was quoted as saying they have 6 targets in round 3 and felt if they traded down at least a couple of those guys would be there. Wouldn't you know - the top two on their target list were still there when the picked at the end of the round. No comment on whether that comment was true, but I do like the concept of having specific players targeted by for certain rounds of the draft. This is what you do when you are very confident in your scouting department.
I think Cisco was a target.
My thought is a few went before their pick and then the others could be had later.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were actually describing the gist of the entire league.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 picks away from the Broncos in round 6

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty devastated that we missed out on Racey McMath. :gaah:

Still some intriguing talent to be had. All is not lost! What’s the word on Dylan Moses?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope Cade Johnson gets drafted.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the Broncos saving the 7th round for linemen on both sides of the ball?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent is a good flyer based on speed and upside. Haven't been impressed with him when I have seen him but for Rd 7 I'll take a shot on him. He can help on special teams at worst. Gives us what some of our DB's havent the past few years on special teams.... I think if he stays in college he becomes a much better prospect next year. Tackling is an issue and he needs work in coverage but has great tools.

Jonathan Cooper is a solid pick. His upside takes him away from being top 4 round pick but I see him as a guy who can come in and add depth to our pass rush unit. I think he gives us a lot more then Tuczka.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent is a good flyer based on speed and upside. Haven't been impressed with him when I have seen him but for Rd 7 I'll take a shot on him. He can help on special teams at worst. Gives us what some of our DB's havent the past few years on special teams.... I think if he stays in college he becomes a much better prospect next year. Tackling is an issue and he needs work in coverage but has great tools.

Jonathan Cooper is a solid pick. His upside takes him away from being top 4 round pick but I see him as a guy who can come in and add depth to our pass rush unit. I think he gives us a lot more then Tuczka.
Both were team captains. Vincent is maybe the fastest guy in the draft at 4.33. Cooper was also a top student finishing with a plus 4.0 accumulative GPA. Cooper short arms - Vincent benched only 9 reps.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both were team captains. Vincent is maybe the fastest guy in the draft at 4.33. Cooper was also a top student finishing with a plus 4.0 accumulative GPA. Cooper short arms - Vincent benched only 9 reps.

Nah- Anthony Schwartz has olympic speed but yeah Vincent is fast. Just has a ways to go as a football player. Good flyer though.