• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NE Patriots Roster

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB usually reserves those spots for UDFs so they can kick tires and have dummies with one action...
Disagree. I believe BB signs UDFA's because he see's something in them.
Jakobi Myers for example. Switched from QB to WR with only 1 year at the position,
Meyers 92 receptions in 2018 broke Torry Holt's single season receptions record for NC State.[

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. I believe BB signs UDFA's because he see's something in them.
Jakobi Myers for example. Switched from QB to WR with only 1 year at the position,
Meyers 92 receptions in 2018 broke Torry Holt's single season receptions record for NC State.[
You say you disagree, but then you half agree... What you describe falls under "kicking the tires".

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dustin Woodard is back.
Not a lot of talk about him because he had been retired.
Now that he is back, I'd like to mention that this 7th round pick was considered to be the steal of the draft (until Melifonwu turned out to be)
Dustin can plat either guard position or center.
I predict he is our center of the future!

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dustin Woodard is back.
Not a lot of talk about him because he had been retired.
Now that he is back, I'd like to mention that this 7th round pick was considered to be the steal of the draft (until Melifonwu turned out to be)
Dustin can plat either guard position or center.
I predict he is our center of the future!

So to quote BB in regard to Woodard. " Way to compete " Anyone know why he retired?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to quote BB in regard to Woodard. " Way to compete " Anyone know why he retired?
I think that line will be quoted a lot. It really sums up BB's philosophy in only a few words.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went back and looked at at more than 10 different stories. Not onehad a quote as to why. He did say that it had nothing to do with Covid or NFL rules about Covid.

He was a four year starter at memphis and was expected to give Andrews a run at starting center.

He's not a monster, 6'2" 293 lbs. He looks a bit different than most linemen. He's got a 'V' shaped body and very quick footed.

1618150015788.png

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anybody outside the organization knows. I believe this is respect for his "situation"
The fact that he is taken back with open arms is further respect.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think anybody outside the organization knows. I believe this is respect for his "situation"
The fact that he is taken back with open arms is further respect.
Could it go even deeper, meaning that was the reason he dropped to the seventh round where NE "wasted" a pick to effectively stash him away until he was ready?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it go even deeper, meaning that was the reason he dropped to the seventh round where NE "wasted" a pick to effectively stash him away until he was ready?
Are you thinking that other teams did that much research on a 7th round pick?

I would disagree with that. Rumors would certainly have leaked out if there was a hidden problem that somebody found.

"While some may look at this news and quickly dismiss it because Woodard was just a seventh-round pick, excellent O-linemen are often found late in the draft. Look no further than the 2020 draft when the Patriots found Mike Onwenu and Justin Herron in the sixth round."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you thinking that other teams did that much research on a 7th round pick?

I would disagree with that. Rumors would certainly have leaked out if there was a hidden problem that somebody found.

"While some may look at this news and quickly dismiss it because Woodard was just a seventh-round pick, excellent O-linemen are often found late in the draft. Look no further than the 2020 draft when the Patriots found Mike Onwenu and Justin Herron in the sixth round."
What you disagree with is exactly what I'm saying. Rumors leaked out (maybe something a bit more credible than just a rumor) so nobody drafted him. You are correct that nobody does that much work for a seventh rounder, but what if he slotted to a third or fourth?

I don't have any real information. I'm just reading the tea leaves posted here and speculating about an alternate plausible scenario.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you disagree with is exactly what I'm saying. Rumors leaked out (maybe something a bit more credible than just a rumor) so nobody drafted him. You are correct that nobody does that much work for a seventh rounder, but what if he slotted to a third or fourth?

I don't have any real information. I'm just reading the tea leaves posted here and speculating about an alternate plausible scenario.
It is hard for me to believe there was something that did not leak out. Reporters have nothing!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard for me to believe there was something that did not leak out. Reporters have nothing!
Some times personal matters are personal and people want to keep them personal. When the media hears "personal' that immediately triggers an investigation back to the third grade. From that point on every female and male friend are fair game and if they turn a stone and find a bug, it's "Katie bar the door". Some guys get to camp and things just happen. For Woodward, maybe he just needed a year to get all of his sh*t together.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some times personal matters are personal and people want to keep them personal. When the media hears "personal' that immediately triggers an investigation back to the third grade. From that point on every female and male friend are fair game and if they turn a stone and find a bug, it's "Katie bar the door". Some guys get to camp and things just happen. For Woodward, maybe he just needed a year to get all of his sh*t together.
It could be as simple as his wife not wanting him to play football.
I'd certainly not share that with f#ing reporters!
Share that with the press and there'd be 12 reporters at your door wanting to interview your wife!

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a nice way to end that relationship. Classy.

I guess they stopped short of throwing all his belongings into the street, at least.
Apparently its a technicality and he's retiring

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"All told, Edelman goes down as the NFL’s second-leading receiver of all time in the postseason with his 1,442 yards and 118 receptions, second in both categories to only Jerry Rice.

In Patriots’ history, he ranks second all time in receptions (620), fourth all time in receiving yards (6,822), and ninth in receiving touchdowns (36). He also is the franchise’s all-time leader with four punt returns for touchdowns, and he ranks third in franchise history in punt return yards (1,986).

He was also a perfect 6-for-6 as a passer in the regular season, compiling 128 passing yards and a touchdown, while completing one of his two playoff passes for 51 yards and a touchdown."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a nice way to end that relationship. Classy.

I guess they stopped short of throwing all his belongings into the street, at least.
You dont understand. All football players have career ending injury insurance.
The only way he gets paid is to fail....