• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 NBA Draft Thread

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza also reminds me a little of Troy Murphy.
Murph dawg. I became an instant fan of his. The first game I saw him play live for the Warriors was against the Blazers. Murphy already had been T'd up in the game earlier for getting into it with the Blazers who were trying to punk him. Then later in the game, he gets the ball at the high post, drives to the hoop and dunks it right on Dale Davis who went up to block it. Monster dunk.

Murphy stared him down and got T'd up for taunting and ejected from the game. Respect was earned that day from me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. I get the skepticism. I'm just saying he will prove them wrong just as he always has. This dude works harder than any other guy in this draft ( and most drafts). He's 100% going to score . I'm not even remotely concerned there. So yes the defense is the deal and he will figure it out . Getting better on D is about the work not the talent. Lots of big dudes in history figure it out on D

I hope you are right because I liked watching him play in college, but I don’t think you are here.

And I can tell you as a lifetime basketball player, I am a competitor and always worked my tail off defensively.

But I am 5’11 and have slow feet, so when I match up with a really good guard, try hard can only take me so far. I still get cooked.

That is Garza at the NBA level, IMO. Overmatched.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murph dawg. I became an instant fan of his. The first game I saw him play live for the Warriors was against the Blazers. Murphy already had been T'd up in the game earlier for getting into it with the Blazers who were trying to punk him. Then later in the game, he gets the ball at the high post, drives to the hoop and dunks it right on Dale Davis who went up to block it. Monster dunk.

Murphy stared him down and got T'd up for taunting and ejected from the game. Respect was earned that day from me.
I liked the way he played....I vaguely remember that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right because I liked watching him play in college, but I don’t think you are here.

And I can tell you as a lifetime basketball player, I am a competitor and always worked my tail off defensively.

But I am 5’11 and have slow feet, so when I match up with a really good guard, try hard can only take me so far. I still get cooked.

And why he wouldn't be a good starter but could be fine coming off the bench

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't either. Major douchebag, not just these nasty charges either.

I can deal with him without the charges. With the charges....not so much if true.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All I know is I've spent 4 years watching him dominate abd out work more talented and athletic bigs in college . I know the NBA is different but he will also be surrounded by better guys on his team too. If he had played in the MWC or a conference like that I'd be more concerned but he played in one of ( if not thee ) best conference in cbb.

I can list dozens of bigs who were a liability on D early but stuck around because of offebde then got better on D ( most notable recently being Brook Lopez ) but ultimately neither or us really know. We will see

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is I've spent 4 years watching him dominate abd out work more talented and athletic bigs in college . I know the NBA is different but he will also be surrounded by better guys on his team too. If he had played in the MWC or a conference like that I'd be more concerned but he played in one of ( if not thee ) best conference in cbb.

I can list dozens of bigs who were a liability on D early but stuck around because of offebde then got better on D ( most notable recently being Brook Lopez ) but ultimately neither or us really know. We will see
Brook Lopez was a great point

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Key word, in college.

I watched Drew Timme completely dominate Mobley last year in the NCAA tournament.

Mobley was drafted 3rd overall and Timme opted to return to Gonzaga because he was likely to fall to the 2nd round.

The NBA is a completely different world.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word, in college.

I watched Drew Timme completely dominate Mobley last year in the NCAA tournament.

Mobley was drafted 3rd overall and Timme opted to return to Gonzaga because he was likely to fall to the 2nd round.

Well I watched Garza dominate Timme so I guess we will see what's up lol

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key word, in college.

Like you, I'm not completely sold on Garza, but at pick 52 he is a great risk. If nothing else he both adds spark to the second squad with his hustle and opens up the middle with his great outside shooting. And then there is a chance that @rmilia1 is right and Garza will continue to prove all the haters wrong.

And if he doesn't work, they got another project big at #57.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you, I'm not completely sold on Garza, but at pick 52 he is a great risk. If nothing else he both adds spark to the second squad with his hustle and opens up the middle with his great outside shooting. And then there is a chance that @rmilia1 is right and Garza will continue to prove all the haters wrong.

And if he doesn't work, they got another project big at #57.

I am certainly not knocking the Pistons for taking him where they did. It is a no risk move.

I am simply explaining why Garza was still available at 50 whatever. And it isn’t because NBA people are unable to spot NBA talent. It is because Garza has serious red flags where a lot of people don’t think he will be productive.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certainly not knocking the Pistons for taking him where they did. It is a no risk move.

I am simply explaining why Garza was still available at 50 whatever. And it isn’t because NBA people are unable to spot NBA talent. It is because Garza has serious red flags where a lot of people don’t think he will be productive.

I'd definitely prefer to see detroit take a flyer on him over some little known frosh who averaged 7 a game but has a ceiling.
Wouldn't have minded Detroit looking at Nix also as a like sized backup to Hayes and Cunningham but this works too.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize DJ Carton entered the draft. That kid looked the part in the first half of his freshman year and then melted down. No one seems to know why.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't even realize DJ Carton entered the draft. That kid looked the part in the first half of his freshman year and then melted down. No one seems to know why.
He had so much promise. He left bc of "Mental health issues" but I think that was bogus. I think he couldn't deal with the competition and possibly losing his spot, at least that's what I got from his instagram post. Ohio St was very supportive of him but seeing how Walker played last year, he definitely wouldn't be handed that starting job.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12

Well E. Mobley's in for a big culture shock. You gonna jump on the Cavs bandwagon now? :heh:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had so much promise. He left bc of "Mental health issues" but I think that was bogus. I think he couldn't deal with the competition and possibly losing his spot, at least that's what I got from his instagram post. Ohio St was very supportive of him but seeing how Walker played last year, he definitely wouldn't be handed that starting job.

He just signed with the Hornets on an Exhibit 10 contract (camp/G League)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope he does well. But no, not jumping on any bandwagon. lol

I didn't think you would. But that kid has alotta potential. So has the NBA threads resident wacko homer said Mobley will be better than Embiid in two seasons yet?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't think you would. But that kid has alotta potential. So has the NBA threads resident wacko homer said Mobley will be better than Embiid in two seasons yet?
lol

No, but he was actually down on Mobley until recently when he learned about his work ethic. So, that proclamation likely won't be coming for a couple more days.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

No, but he was actually down on Mobley until recently when he learned about his work ethic. So, that proclamation likely won't be coming for a couple more days.

I found out about Mobley through the 12 Pac network. Because of him I went outta my way to watch your Trojans last season. Obviously he's still raw. But due to his athleticism I think he's gotta great upside. I like his game. For the Cavs sake I hope he turns out to be the franchise type player they're looking for.