• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Draft Order if there is no season

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What happens if there is no 2020 NFL season? What would the 2021 draft order be?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first ever random picks. New England gets the first pick so they can draft the real heir to Tom Brady.

and we discover that this has all been a world wide ruse to get the Patriots to the superbowl for the next 2 decades because people hate change.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
first ever random picks. New England gets the first pick so they can draft the real heir to Tom Brady.

and we discover that this has all been a world wide ruse to get the Patriots to the superbowl for the next 2 decades because people hate change.

I sorta think you would be right about it being random. I could also see a scenario where they weighed the drawing by success over the prior 3 years. That might be somewhat more fair.

I wonder about the potential pool of players. Guys that did not come out this past year didn't do it for presumably a couple of reason....1) Not eligible (Trevor Lawrence), 2) Didn't like their draft position, or 3) Personal idiosyncratic reasons. Guys in position 1 will have aged in, though I don't suspect there would be many. Trevor Lawrence would likely be the first overall pick. There would be a fair amount of guys in position 2..... But without any new tape, scouts would have to decide why a guy that had a 4th round grade in 2020 now has a 1st round grade in 2021. That might prove difficult. Not sure about guys in position 3. I have no idea how many first or second round talents decided to go back to college rather than declare eligibility.

This would be super interesting to see how it plays out. I'm sure the Bengals would have one of their best drafts ever by accident and Hobs would write about it for the next decade. Time will tell.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First - season isn't going to be cancelled. I'd be willing to bet on that.

Secondly - IF the season were cancelled - there's no reason it wouldn't follow the 2020 draft order.