• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AB didn't just get like that. It started somewhere. It just worries me the issues that he has 4 years into his NFL career. And the issues seem to be getting worse. IDK if I want to be associated with whatever comes next.
AB was always like that. In his first 2-3 years there were numerous incidents with him at camp where he pissed off the vets. Dude had an ego problem from the start. Ryan Clark went on record sayin something about when AB gets paid he'll become a problem. We as fans just didn't want to see the truth in all of it when there was PLENTY of evidence to indicate what might happen. We should have seen that coming. Being as good as he was made it easy to forgive his antics. And honestly I don't think AB's problems ever had anything to do with lack of maturity. AB is an egomaniac. And if you aren't familiar with that term, then I'd suggest reading into it because every word of it defines AB to the letter.

Juju is not even remotely close to the same as AB. Juju is beloved by his teammates, whereas AB was merely looked up to because of his fame & prowess.

Did you ever see AB at the grocery store spending money on strangers? Literally handing out chunks of cash to kids just so they can buy school supplies? Or buying his teammates Xbox's/Playstations?

Juju is selfless, and AB was selfish.

Facts

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juju is not even remotely close to the same as AB.
The same? No. AB's CTE is making him go legit crazy. JuJu's antics are like a watered down AB. But isn't it sad that we are even having this conversation right now? Like, it's fucking deja vu with the Bell and Brown shit. Why can't our guys just play the fucking game, be adults and don't open your big fucking mouths until we've earned the right to do so? 11-0, I can see talking shit. 11-1, maybe not the best time. 11-2, definitely not the best time. After losing to a division rival in the first round of the playoffs? OBVIOUSLY not the best time to talk shit. Yet we did that EVERY step of the way and that just added to the horrid last 5 1/2 games we had.
Did you ever see AB at the grocery store spending money on strangers? Literally handing out chunks of cash to kids just so they can buy school supplies? Or buying his teammates Xbox's/Playstations?

Juju is selfless, and AB was selfish.
Yes, what he does for the community is a fantastic and admirable thing. But as a Pittsburgh Steelers fan who doesn't live in Pittsburgh, why does any of this matter to me? I couldn't give two shits if he saved someone's life, if you are a distraction to the team and talking all this shit like we've done a sliver of ANYTHING in the last 4 years, I don't want you here. Cam Newton was a great community leader here in Charlotte. He fed hundreds of families every holiday season, helped with local charities around the city and he was hailed as a hero in the city. He did that for 10 years. A decade of Cam helping families in need. But as soon as Carolina saw that in a football capacity, he was damaged goods and wasn't good enough anymore, they cut ties. As a GM or Owner or Coach, as soon as the writing is on the wall, you have to pull the fucking trigger. that should NOT have any bearing on whether you can play on a certain football team or not. The fact that he helps the community shouldn't be factored into whether he should be paid multi millions of dollars to play football for the Steelers and continue to be a distraction in the locker room. Can JuJu play the game at a high level? Yes. That's not debatable. But does his off the field antics affect us more than his contributions on the field? I believe that they do.

I also would like to point out that a few years ago, Ben made a comment after losing to the Bears that, "Maybe I don't have it anymore" and we all fucking lost our shit because, as the leader of the locker room and our veteran, HoF QB, why would you say that? It's just gonna cause unwanted media BS, blah blah blah. But JuJu and Chase talking shit on Twitch, Twitter and Tik Tok is just fine? Not for me. Especially after what we went through with Le'Veon Bell and Antonio Brown.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same? No. AB's CTE is making him go legit crazy. JuJu's antics are like a watered down AB. But isn't it sad that we are even having this conversation right now? Like, it's fucking deja vu with the Bell and Brown shit.
We're only having this conversation because you insist on making the connection. I don't see it.

Yes, what he does for the community is a fantastic and admirable thing. But as a Pittsburgh Steelers fan who doesn't live in Pittsburgh, why does any of this matter to me? I couldn't give two shits if he saved someone's life, if you are a distraction to the team and talking all this shit like we've done a sliver of ANYTHING in the last 4 years, I don't want you here. Cam Newton was a great community leader here in Charlotte. He fed hundreds of families every holiday season, helped with local charities around the city and he was hailed as a hero in the city. He did that for 10 years. A decade of Cam helping families in need. But as soon as Carolina saw that in a football capacity, he was damaged goods and wasn't good enough anymore, they cut ties. As a GM or Owner or Coach, as soon as the writing is on the wall, you have to pull the fucking trigger. that should NOT have any bearing on whether you can play on a certain football team or not. The fact that he helps the community shouldn't be factored into whether he should be paid multi millions of dollars to play football for the Steelers and continue to be a distraction in the locker room. Can JuJu play the game at a high level? Yes. That's not debatable. But does his off the field antics affect us more than his contributions on the field? I believe that they do.
Weren't you an advocate for other teams signing Kaepernick? So I'm curious, is Kaep's political platform more or less distracting than Juju's dancing videos?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're only having this conversation because you insist on making the connection. I don't see it.
I'm not the only one thinking these things. Look on any Steelers forum or FB page and you'll find this same conversation there and it not started by me.

Weren't you an advocate for other teams signing Kaepernick? So I'm curious, is Kaep's political platform more or less distracting than Juju's dancing videos?
Kaep was much more distracting, there's no debate there. I always understood why teams weren't signing him, but I still felt that he could still be a starting QB in this league, especially seeing all the other backup and 3rd string QBs being signed before him. Not sure why we are comparing the two, though. Two completely different situations that literally have nothing to do with each other.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not the only one thinking these things. Look on any Steelers forum or FB page and you'll find this same conversation there and it not started by me.
Facebook is purgatory for sports conversations... Completely pointless

I've tried talking football on social media and other forums... You definitely figure out rather quickly which posters you want to converse with. Majority are just over-dramatic, fair-weather fans ranting whenever things go bad. One of the major reasons why I like this place so much. More level-headed and not knee-jerking so many thread topics.

The "juju is a distraction" conversation has merit. The correlation/connection/similarities to AB & Bell does not. I can understand why so many people are trying to make that connection... So there's that. Which is why I felt the need to respond.
Kaep was much more distracting, there's no debate there. I always understood why teams weren't signing him, but I still felt that he could still be a starting QB in this league, especially seeing all the other backup and 3rd string QBs being signed before him. Not sure why we are comparing the two, though. Two completely different situations that literally have nothing to do with each other.
Because of your stance on distractions to the team... I find it curious that you advocate for Kaep to sign with a team based on that stance.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of your stance on distractions to the team... I find it curious that you advocate for Kaep to sign with a team based on that stance.
Well my advocating for him to be signed was because of all the BS QBs that were signed before him and they either had no experience or very little experience. But as you said to my point, I can see why teams didn't sign him and why others thought it was best to steer clear. Kaep would've been a distraction for sure, not saying he wouldn't have been. But if he led the team that signed him to a great season/playoff appearance, you think that distraction would exist anymore? Hell no. Hence why, when we win, I don't have a problem with it. Have JuJu dance on EVERY opponents logo, I don't care as long as we win the damn game and win a damn Super Bowl. Talk all the shit you want then!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean payton should be fired right?

another home playoff loss?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Might need to be in the same boat as Tomlin. Don't need to fire him yet but his seat should be getting warmer.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t understand how that man doesn’t get nearly as much criticism as Tomlin. Look at all the talent that man has pissed away.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t understand how that man doesn’t get nearly as much criticism as Tomlin. Look at all the talent that man has pissed away.
oh i know, thats my point though! harbaugh has too, and some other guys............other places, teams would kill for tomlin
tomlin is historically good.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless they can get one of the top QB's in the draft.

Otherwise, yeah laser focus on OL.
If Najee Harris is there I'd be tempted... As I said before, that would be a "swing for the fences" pick, and OL would be the smart pick.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Najee Harris is there I'd be tempted... As I said before, that would be a "swing for the fences" pick, and OL would be the smart pick.
im not convinced harris is what tomlin looks for in a RB....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check out the NC back, hes gonna skyrocket boards but hes not going round 1. Hed be awesome. I really like kylin hill, alot. Larry roundtree is gonna go mid to late rounds and has a nice Well rounded take.

t

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I didn't account for is "rolled cap"... So simply put, adding this puts the Steelers in the ballpark of $16m over the cap right now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something I didn't account for is "rolled cap"... So simply put, adding this puts the Steelers in the ballpark of $16m over the cap right now.

Wel thats good!
robin hood cat GIF

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As i've said in the other threads... Not interested in Haskins. Even if he fits Canada's system. No thanks.