• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Offseason/Season... Draft, FA & Staff

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Figured they would re-sign him. What is interesting he graded out better than Pouncey last season.
Shows how bad Pouncey was, because JC isn't anything to write home about.

They need a Center on the roster, and right now he's that. But if he gets penciled in as the Week 1 starter this year, they fucked up.

I'm moving towards wanting Rashawn Slater in the draft. His best position will be either OG/OC. But he might be gone before their pick.

The Steelers might see Banner as the answer at LT. RT would be easier to fill later in the draft. Or Feiler could be kicked back there.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shows how bad Pouncey was, because JC isn't anything to write home about.

They need a Center on the roster, and right now he's that. But if he gets penciled in as the Week 1 starter this year, they fucked up.
Exactly shame he fell off the face of the earth but probably stuck around 1 or 2 years too many.

As for JC if he is your starter and w/o other o-line upgrades the running game will be awful again and Ben will get hurt.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Banner Dotson (Slater) DeCastro (Feiler/Draft Pick)

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly shame he fell off the face of the earth but probably stuck around 1 or 2 years too many.

As for JC if he is your starter and w/o other o-line upgrades the running game will be awful again and Ben will get hurt.
Yep. 2019 was a steep decline year for him. Not sure why the hell people still selected the man to the pro bowl his final 2 years. Guess he was so much of a household name that nobody even bothered to watch his play. Just selected him by default.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers twitter is a hoot. The consistent argument for years on end to take a rb round 1. Also consistently arguing a rb can mask the o line and fix protection of ben. What maybe a few backs are capable of that?
Very, very few. I'm not against taking a back in the back half of the first but only as a luxury pick to round out an offense. I don't think it makes sense "most" of the time for "most" teams. Especially not the Steelers this year. Especially not with this class.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of these TE options are bandaids, and all of the previous attempts to replace Heath have been bandaids.

They have to nut up at some point and draft a guy to be the starting TE.
Don't like this class at all outside of Pitts and Baby-Gronk.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bc kid is a sleeper. But yeah not a stellar field
Right. I forgot about him. That's someone you could probably get in the fourth round? Maybe third because the pickings are slim but I wouldn't really love it higher than the 4th.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. I forgot about him. That's someone you could probably get in the fourth round? Maybe third because the pickings are slim but I wouldn't really love it higher than the 4th.
yeah, agreed, but who knows, with a slim pickings class, does he climb?

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we hoping for a quarterback to fall/trade up for one? Or are we laser focusing on fixing the line?

Either or. I have my initial QB rankings. Keep in mind, my scouting and rankings are based on fantasy football and not much else.

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence

3. Justin Fields
4. Mac Jones
5. Trey Lance

6. Kellen Mond
7. Jamie Newman

8. Kyle Trask

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Justin Fields pulls an Aaron Rodgers and falls all the way to PGH, they might. Other ones they might consider but probably pass on.

Otherwise, it's tunnel vision to fix the run game. So OL, TE and RB.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Fields is falling like that. I don't think Rodgers falls like that in today's NFL. I still think we will see 5 QB in the top 15.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
derr I totally forgot about brevin Jordan.........hes a guy that fits our mold. Used all over the the line, backfield, blocking, pass game etc........hes a boss

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are we hoping for a quarterback to fall/trade up for one? Or are we laser focusing on fixing the line?

Either or. I have my initial QB rankings. Keep in mind, my scouting and rankings are based on fantasy football and not much else.

1. Zach Wilson
2. Trevor Lawrence

3. Justin Fields
4. Mac Jones
5. Trey Lance

6. Kellen Mond
7. Jamie Newman

8. Kyle Trask
Mac Jones over Trey Lance?

Explain yourself.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones over Trey Lance?

Explain yourself.
They are real close for me. Like, tomorrow I might feel different.

Lance looks very raw to me. He's all upside. I'm just not sure he will ever be a consistent NFL passer. I'm not saying he won't by any stretch. Just that there's a lot of inconsistencies there that give me pause. I'm not enamored with today's NFL QB expectations though. I don't want a Lamar Jackson. I want a Patrick Mahomes. Or a Justin Hebert. I want a guy that can light up the league with his arm. Legs are a bonus and ideally, I want to see them buy time not make plays. He's exciting though. If he reaches his ceiling as a passer... wow.

Jones... I don't know how to quantify how much of his success is due to Alabama's all-stars and how much is him. But when I watch him play he does everything that they ask him to do. He's accurate and he makes good decisions. Like all the time. And he's got enough arm to play on Sunday. Does playing with that team make things easier? Yeah, I think so. But I don't know how to quantify that beyond the throws and decisions he makes. I'm worried he's the product of a system and that's what I went in expecting to see... but all I saw was a guy that makes every throw asked of him. He's not what the NFL looks for in a QB now. He's not an alpha athlete. I don't know. I don't know what to think really.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are real close for me. Like, tomorrow I might feel different.

Lance looks very raw to me. He's all upside. I'm just not sure he will ever be a consistent NFL passer. I'm not saying he won't by any stretch. Just that there's a lot of inconsistencies there that give me pause. I'm not enamored with today's NFL QB expectations though. I don't want a Lamar Jackson. I want a Patrick Mahomes. Or a Justin Hebert. I want a guy that can light up the league with his arm. Legs are a bonus and ideally, I want to see them buy time not make plays. He's exciting though. If he reaches his ceiling as a passer... wow.

Jones... I don't know how to quantify how much of his success is due to Alabama's all-stars and how much is him. But when I watch him play he does everything that they ask him to do. He's accurate and he makes good decisions. Like all the time. And he's got enough arm to play on Sunday. Does playing with that team make things easier? Yeah, I think so. But I don't know how to quantify that beyond the throws and decisions he makes. I'm worried he's the product of a system and that's what I went in expecting to see... but all I saw was a guy that makes every throw asked of him. He's not what the NFL looks for in a QB now. He's not an alpha athlete. I don't know. I don't know what to think really.
I'll admit that I haven't done a lot of homework yet on these guys... But everything that I have watched so far points to Lance being a top 10 talent in this draft. Kid is an athletic version of Josh Allen, but not nearly as polished in arm talent. Not at all a hindrance though since his arm talent looks more on par with Justin Herbert last year. He has the strength to make any throw & so much more.

If Lance slides... I'm all aboard trading up for him. If Mac Jones slid... and Lance was gone then I'd go OL in a heartbeat.

With a ceiling that high... No chance you pass that up