• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Concerts

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see one for this year. I'm going to see The Stones on Monday. First time without Charlie and very likely the last time ever. My daughter is flying in to go with me so I'm really looking forward to it. The tickets cost way too much but this is probably it for them and they're my all-time favorite band.

Last edited:

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see one for this year. I'm going to see The Stones on Monday. First time without Charlie and very likely the last time ever. My daughter is flying in to go with me so I'm really looking forward to it. The tickets cost way too much but this is probably it for them and they're my all-time favorite band.
That's really cool you're going with your daughter for one last show (most likely)... I've always wanted to see them live too but the ticket prices for those guys are ridiculous.

Are they coming to Detroit?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's really cool you're going with your daughter for one last show (most likely)... I've always wanted to see them live too but the ticket prices for those guys are ridiculous.

Are they coming to Detroit?

Yup..Ford Field on Monday. My wife said that she's seen them enough... the last time was 2002 also at Ford Field. In fact I think it was the first event ever held there. My son is more into classical music and jazz, though he'd go with me if I pushed it. But I don't want to attend with someone who isn't into it and had no problem with going alone. When I spoke with my daughter I said she should fly in and go with me. I was only half serious, but she said she'd love to.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice. We were supposed to see they in May 2020 in Vancouver. The entire family, spousal unit, daughter and son. Like always sice they grew up.

When the Staones re-booted , Vancouver was off their tour list due to scheduling difficulties.

So I'll never see them now.

Won't be the same anyway with no Charlie or Bobby K.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup..Ford Field on Monday. My wife said that she's seen them enough... the last time was 2002 also at Ford Field. In fact I think it was the first event ever held there. My son is more into classical music and jazz, though he'd go with me if I pushed it. But I don't want to attend with someone who isn't into it and had no problem with going alone. When I spoke with my daughter I said she should fly in and go with me. I was only half serious, but she said she'd love to.
They were at the Linc in Philly in July 2019 and I was on the fence about going to see them... but like I said previously the ticket prices were crazy and I was just starting out out of college... so I skipped them.

I just looked it up, are they only doing 4 shows on this No Filter tour? It looks like Atlanta, Ford Field, Austin, and then down in Hollywood, FL. Why would they go back on tour for only 4 shows?

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to get political here... Did you have to show a vaccine card to go to this concert on Monday?

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were at the Linc in Philly in July 2019 and I was on the fence about going to see them... but like I said previously the ticket prices were crazy and I was just starting out out of college... so I skipped them.

I just looked it up, are they only doing 4 shows on this No Filter tour? It looks like Atlanta, Ford Field, Austin, and then down in Hollywood, FL. Why would they go back on tour for only 4 shows?

That's all they have left to go. They did shows in Vegas & Dallas last week. The tour started back up in Sept.

Not trying to get political here... Did you have to show a vaccine card to go to this concert on Monday?

No, but I've been debating wearing a mask. I really don't want to.

California Creme Puffs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's all they have left to go. They did shows in Vegas & Dallas last week. The tour started back up in Sept.

I'm glad to hear that there was no vaccine passport. I know you may have a differing take, but nonetheless thanks for the info.

Regarding the mask, I say do whatever you want to do. I agree wearing a face mask to a rock concert sounds pretty lame, but if you're at an older age and you feel like that's the responsible/safe thing for you to do, then go for it. I know you've talked before about your wife having preexisting conditions.

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the time with your daughter at the concert.

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how well known he is south of the border, but the wife and some friends just saw Colin James here in town, in concert. He's a blues singer/guitarist. Not really my cup of tea, but it was at least nice to see live acts going again.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should get one of these in case you might have to wear one.....
They'll probably even sell them at the venue.

images

1636699520503.jpeg

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should get one of these in case you might have to wear one.....
They'll probably even sell them at the venue.

images

View attachment 282991

I didn't. I'd say maybe 1 in 20 folks were wearing one and that estimate is probably high. It was wall-to-wall people. I'll get tested in a couple of days.

It was a great show ftr. Jagger was incredible and in better voice than I've heard him in many years. I don't know how he does it at his age. But he was energetic, completely engaged and focused from start to finish. Keith was a bit lackadasical at times.. but that's Keith.