• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-22 Season Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least the assistants need to be on the hot seat but after this recent stretch I'm ready for everyone to go. Year 2 for Ruff and where have our big strides been? What are we considerably better at than we were 2 years ago?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the very least the assistants need to be on the hot seat but after this recent stretch I'm ready for everyone to go. Year 2 for Ruff and where have our big strides been? What are we considerably better at than we were 2 years ago?
If nothing else I expected the PP to be better this year with the addition of Hamilton. Recchi should be the first to go (he got canned in pitts for a poor PP that included Crosby, Letang, Malkin etc, how the hell did they think he'd click here) but I good with a clean sweep of staff

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start with the Staff... its not good hockey and there's something wrong....

Really disappointed. We've been either figured out or the players are just checked out.... hard to fathom why....

You'd think with Jack coming back, we'd be better off than before..

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nico is a good player to have... but he's not making a difference... neither is Zacha....

Nico has to contribute more to the offense, we have no one to help with that.

Jack also needs to be a scorer... i ain't writing him off by any means, but the kid is more hype than production. We need goals from him and not almosts.

DevFan60

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly - not this time. Complete collapse. No goalies - no success. Team needs good goalie, strengthen in special teams, otherwise they will have what they have now. Loosing and loosing.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So we got Jon Gillies for "Future Considerations", which sucks for me.

I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on the back. Now what am I gonna do?

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on the back. Now what am I gonna do?

Serves you right for getting one of those abominations.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So not only are we not talented enough to win we also get our asses beat physically. I hate to say it but the Rangers made all the moves we should have. Brought in grit, winners and a good head coach.

I don't even know what coaches are out there and at this point I don't know if I fully trust Fitz. Ownership doesn't give a fuck so everyone will be safe and it'll be status quo.

DevilishWon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just got my alternate black Jersey jersey customized with Future Considerations on t eh back. Now what am I gonna do?
Serves you right for getting one of those abominations.
The hamburgler look

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fat-lady-singing-icegif-16.gif

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't a hindsight 20/20 or revisionist history thing but basically what's wrong with this team is what we've been calling for for 2 straight years now. We need a better coach, I don't think anyone on here liked the Ruff hire and we need gritty vets that know how to win/what a winning locker room looks like.

Give me Corey Perry and one of the Tampa Bay guys this off-season over Tatar. Give me the vets that do the dirty work and are known locker room commodities over a guy that has unceremoniously played his way off of multiple teams.

It just seems like a basic element in the recipe for success. We have the young talent but you need to nurture that talent with a solid vet presence. Nobody is afraid of stepping on the ice with us and taking shots at our stars. Zajacs comments last year about the team not caring about any older players was alarming.

As a whole I want to be optimistic but I'm having my doubts. Is Bahl an NHLer? Do we know what Shak will be? We keep waiting for Nico to take the big step but what if this is what he is?

I think this break was badly needed. Hopefully they figure something out and rip off a few wins right out of the break but it's been painful not seeing progress.