• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021-2022 Hot Stove

BigKen

Willing to die to protect the unwilling
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,481.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Sox have approached Kyle Schwarber about resigning with the team for 2022 and beyond. No details about the length or the amount. If he gets more than 2 years it be Chaim Bloom's first for more since taking over as the Sox's GM.

The Series hasn't started and the stove is warming.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox made a multi-year offer to Eduardo. He had a down year on the surface but I think his season was dragged down by a bad stretch in May-June. He had a 3.66 ERA from June 22nd to October 3rd, bringing his ERA down from 6.21 to 4.74. A down season for Eduardo but he still had a 100 ERA+ and he did stay healthy (though he's never really had any arm injuries). Eduardo did have career bests in K/9, BB/9, FIP and xFIP, suggesting he was much better than his ERA would indicate. He had a .363 BABIP allowed which is just asinine, and I wouldn't expect that to be the case again in 2022. I think the rotation with Eduardo's return would be pretty good, but I do think they should try to get another starter on a multi-year deal with Eovaldi hitting free agency next year.

I would like to see them go for a utility player. I'd love Chris Taylor but I do worry a bit about signing someone his age to a long term deal. If they could pry someone like Ian Happ, I'd be ecstatic.