• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 success will depend on the front office

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While 2019 overall was kind of a bust, at least the Sox ended on somewhat of a high note, winning 7 of their last 10 - including a win against the Twins and two against the Tribe. As much as that might positively carry over into next year, I think all of us diehards in here pretty much agree that if we were to just stand pat and let the roster develop from within (ie, likely additions of Kopech, Robert, and Madrigal thruout the season) it will be tough for us to seriously consider being a playoff contender. Not impossible by any means, but it would still be difficult at best.

So I think it's fair to say that the FO has to take action and provide us with some quality personnel in the offseason. A SP, possibly two or perhaps a SP and long reliever/SP combo, a DH, RF or again some type of combo to me would be the minimum for us to get into the real thick of things.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hype because it looks like I'll be able to see us play in Cleveland next June. Be interesting to check out that stadium after watching it on TV for so many years.

As for offseason additions...I'm not buying into sh*t until the ink is dry and the press conference is underway.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda hype because it looks like I'll be able to see us play in Cleveland next June. Be interesting to check out that stadium after watching it on TV for so many years.

As for offseason additions...I'm not buying into sh*t until the ink is dry and the press conference is underway.
Did you move to Cleveland? Anyway, we do agree on the additions part of the equation. Talk is cheap. We need results.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you move to Cleveland? Anyway, we do agree on the additions part of the equation. Talk is cheap. We need results.

My wife has family in Cleveland. LOL we’ll be in Chicago the week before. I may see them play Cleveland in Comiskey and then on the road too. Double win.