• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 SportsHoopla's Preseason Discussion Thread

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the Discussion Thread. Please don't discuss votes on the Voting Thread.

If you have a team twice or an incomplete ranking, I will not count your vote.

Deadline is Thursday, August 27 @ 10 pm (CST).

The Voting Thread - 2020 SportsHoopla's Preseason Voting Thread

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 Clemson
2 Ohio State
3 Alabama
4 Oklahoma
5 Georgia
6 LSU
7 Penn State
8 Notre Dame
9 Oregon
10 Auburn
11 Michigan
12 Texas A&M
13 Wisconsin
14 Texas
15 North Carolina
16 Florida
17 Utah
18 Cincinnati
19 Oklahoma State
20 Virginia Tech
21 Memphis
22 UCF
23 Virginia
24 Iowa
25 Minnesota
why do you have LSU so high?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do you have LSU so high?
Looks about right to me. They still loaded with talent and still have players like Ja’marr Chase and Derek Stingley

Also wrong thread btw :dhd:, almost made the same mistake

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how oklahoma state isn't ranked on a couple lists here, they return the nations best RB, WR and a good QB.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how oklahoma state isn't ranked on a couple lists here, they return the nations best RB, WR and a good QB.

Purdue had the best WR, but Moore opted out.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Covid-19

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you guys have some pretty stupid polls.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wallace is a better receiver than Moore, at least in my opinion he is. That dude is explosive and dynamic.

I think most would consider Chase to be the best and a likely top 5 pick. Moore, Wallace would both be in contention for "next best" I guess, along with Bateman. But Moore and Bateman are sitting out, and I'd be surprised if we don't see even more follow. I think once Bateman and Parsons decided they were skipping the season, who people will be top 15 picks if not higher, it became more acceptable for players to follow suit.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most would consider Chase to be the best and a likely top 5 pick. Moore, Wallace would both be in contention for "next best" I guess, along with Bateman. But Moore and Bateman are sitting out, and I'd be surprised if we don't see even more follow. I think once Bateman and Parsons decided they were skipping the season, who people will be top 15 picks if not higher, it became more acceptable for players to follow suit.

No argument here. Chase is dominating. I just think if you’re comparing Wallace to Moore, Wallace is the better receiver of the two.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same shit every year. I think some of y’all are just fucking stupid. The voting thread is for voting. The discussion thread is to discuss those votes. JFC people.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can they play both ways????

Defensively last year we were solid and return 10 starters. Oklahoma State won't be confused with Bama but is capable of winning games by going ball control and shutting the other team down if need be.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No argument here. Chase is dominating. I just think if you’re comparing Wallace to Moore, Wallace is the better receiver of the two.

True. I prefer him also, but don't think they're really the same player. Yes, they both thrive in catch and run situations, but I think Wallace can do a bit more in the contested catch situation. And with Moore now sitting out alongside with Bateman (who I think is the best of not-Chase bunch), I do tend to agree that Tylan Wallace with his speed probably is likely the most dangerous guy not-named-Chase. If he plays. I think he's more incentivized than others to prove that he's back to form though. I kind of expect Chase to opt out too.

As of right now, I think my top 5 WR's I've seen enough to be aware of for the next year, regardless of whether they're playing or not (so draft focused) would be:

1. Chase
2. Bateman
3. Wallace
4. Davonta Smith
5. Moore or the other Bama guy

Obviously there are a few other guys out there who'll jump up too. Tyler Vaughn, maybe Frank Darby now that the other 1st round receivers ahead of him are gone. I'm sure there are others we're unaware of. Ross from Clemson will probably be a combine monster though he's out for injury.

Last edited:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think as many WR's will go 1st round as we think though either. IMO only Chase and Bateman are truly locked into the 1st round because, with maybe 4 other guys in the mix to slide into it. I doubt we'll get 6 first round WR's though.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I prefer him also, but don't think they're really the same player. Yes, they both thrive in catch and run situations, but I think Wallace can do a bit more in the contested catch situation. And with Moore now sitting out alongside with Bateman (who I think is the best of not-Chase bunch), I do tend to agree that Tylan Wallace with his speed probably is likely the most dangerous guy not-named-Chase. If he plays. I think he's more incentivized than others to prove that he's back to form though. I kind of expect Chase to opt out too.

As of right now, I think my top 5 WR's I've seen enough to be aware of for the next year, regardless of whether they're playing or not (so draft focused) would be:

1. Chase
2. Bateman
3. Wallace
4. Davonta Smith
5. Moore or the other Bama guy

Obviously there are a few other guys out there who'll jump up too. Tyler Vaughn, maybe Frank Darby now that the other 1st round receivers ahead of him are gone. I'm sure there are others we're unaware of. Ross from Clemson will probably be a combine monster though he's out for injury.

Come on bro. Darby? Look man I love me some Sun Devils too but that guy should not be mentioned in the same breath as those top 5 you mentioned. Yes he is freakishly athletic but he’s also wildly inconsistent and has hands of stone.

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on bro. Darby? Look man I love me some Sun Devils too but that guy should not be mentioned in the same breath as those top 5 you mentioned. Yes he is freakishly athletic but he’s also wildly inconsistent and has hands of stone.

Not my idea. Read a few scouting reports and took it for what it was. He's 6'1" with Ludicrous Speed and does well in jump balls. He's going to be a pro. That being said, I didn't put him in the top five (or probably top 10 if I had to make that list). Admitted homer pick, but if he goes in the 2nd or 3rd round, don't be shocked. Dude can FLY. Probably 4.3 speed. If they play and he does well, I think of him sort of like Parris Campbell from a year or so ago. Pure speed on a decent frame. Really good on the deep ball. Fast enough I think to force a deep safety in his direction if he pans out.

Last edited:

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively last year we were solid and return 10 starters. Oklahoma State won't be confused with Bama but is capable of winning games by going ball control and shutting the other team down if need be.

Sanders will be the real x-factor here, he handed games to opposing defenses last year with his int's in big parts of the game. I also wonder how Gundy is going to playcall the game this season, he seemed to play VERY conservative vs UT last season. He kept running Chuba, when he would have success through the air. Then in the bowl game he kept trying to air it out, even though aggy was having a hard time stopping Chuba.