• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Sooners

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the cupboard looking a little bare in spots?

Losing an RB to Bama and a QB decommit. That leaves us with what 2 scholarship QBs right now?

Will Brooks and Sermon be back? How long will Stevenson's suspension last? Who do we have behind them?

Is C Humphrey gonna play another year and do we lose any more O line to the NFL this year?

WR looks okay but, only one TE that I am aware of right now.

Not sure about the defense but, losing K9 and Gallimore or Perkins (in regards to Perkins if coming back how long is the suspension?). Any other good D pick ups so far or losses that I missed?

I think Oklahoma's real problem at the moment is depth, a key injury or transfer or two could kill a season quickly. We are getting into Riley's recruits now and he needs to show up with those recruits and with some depth.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or is the cupboard looking a little bare in spots?

Losing an RB to Bama and a QB decommit. That leaves us with what 2 scholarship QBs right now? Vandagriff was a 2021 kid. Plenty of time to get another one.

Will Brooks and Sermon be back? How long will Stevenson's suspension last? Who do we have behind them?

Is C Humphrey gonna play another year and do we lose any more O line to the NFL this year?

WR looks okay but, only one TE that I am aware of right now.

Not sure about the defense but, losing K9 and Gallimore or Perkins (in regards to Perkins if coming back how long is the suspension?). Any other good D pick ups so far or losses that I missed?

I think Oklahoma's real problem at the moment is depth, a key injury or transfer or two could kill a season quickly. We are getting into Riley's recruits now and he needs to show up with those recruits and with some depth.

We’ll have 3 scholarship quarterbacks. No idea what losing a RB commit has to do with that. They’re not lacking for scholarship running backs next season anyways.

Brooks and Sermon are expected back. Stevenson is out till after the RRSO. Behind them we have Pledger, Major, and McGowan

Creed is expected to return next season. Doubt we lose anyone to the NFL besides him next season unless we have some guys take a BIG step forward.

We’re loaded on WR talent, but shy on quality depth. Only going to have 7 scholarship WRs next season with a transfer and Bridges is out till after the RRSO. Drake Stoops can get fucked.

TE/Hback is okay with Stogner, Conyers, Willis, and Hall.

Perkins is out till after the RRSO also (dumbass). That’s gonna hurt. Two nice JUCO DL who may help bridge the gap. A lot rides in whether they’re able to reel in Alfred Collins for the second signing day.

Your last line is on the money, but quality depth takes time to build. Grinch will need two more recruiting cycles to build the depth needed to absorb a loss like Perkins without it hurting too much. Riley’s depth (receiver this season aside) is actually really good. Especially along the OL, RB, and QB. I’m not thrilled about two of the three receivers we signed this cycle. That’s just not acceptable. If we hadn’t flipped Mims it would’ve been a shit show.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can foo foo recruiting rankings all we want but it’s still disconcerting to see Pee Wee top Riley this year after OU just won the CC for the fifth time in a row. That should never have happened.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can foo foo recruiting rankings all we want but it’s still disconcerting to see Pee Wee top Riley this year after OU just won the CC for the fifth time in a row. That should never have happened.

Texas is going to get Texas kids. Always have, always will.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We’ll have 3 scholarship quarterbacks. No idea what losing a RB commit has to do with that. They’re not lacking for scholarship running backs next season anyways.

Was just mentioning the loss of high end commits.

Brooks and Sermon are expected back. Stevenson is out till after the RRSO. Behind them we have Pledger, Major, and McGowan

Expected is good, will be is better. Behind them I have seen Pledger a few time the others are unknown quantities.

Creed is expected to return next season. Doubt we lose anyone to the NFL besides him next season unless we have some guys take a BIG step

Good to hear but, will be is better than expected.

TE/Hback is okay with Stogner, Conyers, Willis, and Hall.

Kinda along the lines of what I was thinking. The loss of Calcutarra this past season hurt more than I think most thought.

Your last line is on the money, but quality depth takes time to build. Grinch will need two more recruiting cycles to build the depth needed to absorb a loss like Perkins without it hurting too much.

Agreed. I am less worried about the defense because it is still a work in progress.

Bottom line I am just looking at the expected to folks and wanting a will be.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas is going to get Texas kids. Always have, always will.[/QUOTE

Right now I’m not cutting this staff any recruiting slack at all when we have been winning 5 conference championships while Texas was losing 29 games. We should have been stocking up when Texas was stinking. We let Bob slide with stuff for too long and the average OU fan is pissed that we might still be in the same rut. Recruiting, finally winning a playoff game, seeing some depth, whatever......we have yet to see the program make the improvements we need to get back on top. Those coaches are getting paid top dollar and have elite facilities to work with. I understand “process” but I just don’t want to hear any more excuses out of these coaches or the players. 20 years and counting plus 7 in a row. It is time to start performing like we expect from the University of Oklahoma.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let’s pump the brakes a bit. How many top 10 classes did we have under Bob from 2011-2016? How many have we had under Lincoln? It needs to continue to improve but to paint him in the same light as bob just isn’t accurate at this point in time. He’s still trying to fix that mess on the defensive side of the ball and this is his first recruiting cycle to be able to do it.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s pump the brakes a bit. How many top 10 classes did we have under Bob from 2011-2016? How many have we had under Lincoln? It needs to continue to improve but to paint him in the same light as bob just isn’t accurate at this point in time. He’s still trying to fix that mess on the defensive side of the ball and this is his first recruiting cycle to be able to do it.

I love some of the stuff Lincoln has done. Thank goodness we have him. We just need to improve in so many ways and the ass kicking LSU gave this team may be the catalyst for the changes we need. Right now OU is at a point in history where we either slide a bit or we continue to overcome a lot of bad mojo that was allowed to accumulate over the last few years of the Stoops Era. I do expect us to take a dip in wins this next season but if everything else shows improvement the fans, players and coaches will be happy if we start to see signs of total domination again in some games and we are on fire by the end of the season both on the playing field and on the recruiting trail again.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love some of the stuff Lincoln has done. Thank goodness we have him. We just need to improve in so many ways and the ass kicking LSU gave this team may be the catalyst for the changes we need. Right now OU is at a point in history where we either slide a bit or we continue to overcome a lot of bad mojo that was allowed to accumulate over the last few years of the Stoops Era. I do expect us to take a dip in wins this next season but if everything else shows improvement the fans, players and coaches will be happy if we start to see signs of total domination again in some games and we are on fire by the end of the season both on the playing field and on the recruiting trail again.

Changes are coming. At least one coaching change. Maybe a couple.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changes are coming. At least one coaching change. Maybe a couple.

I’ve heard the same thing. I hope it’s the changes in coaches that shake everyone up and that spills over into the weight room, etc, etc.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve heard the same thing. I hope it’s the changes in coaches that shake everyone up and that spills over into the weight room, etc, etc.

Ive heard some concerns about S&C. I don’t have any insight there. We absolutely have GOT to overhaul our nutrition program. It’s a fucking joke. Additionally, if Thibs and Grinch aren’t meshing we need to do something there. Move on from Ruffin (dead weight) move Manning to LB with Odom, and get someone with skins to coach CBs. I’d like to see Gundy moved back to RBs.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This offense is going to be spooky again.

This defense is still at least a year away.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I come bearing a flag of peace with this. I figured you guys might know and didn't want to bring it up on the main board because it would get trolled.

Is Grinch headed back to WSU as the HC?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I come bearing a flag of peace with this. I figured you guys might know and didn't want to bring it up on the main board because it would get trolled.

Unlikely, but on the radar.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our schedule is front heavy in 2020, so that may hurt with the suspensions. Have Tenn and Army as two of the OOC games, then BU, UT, ISU, OSU and TCU all in Oct. Nov should not be as difficult with WV, KSU, KU and TT. Who knows though. Didn't think KSU would've beat us this last season.

Last year at this time I didn't think we'd have a 12 win season, then Jalen and Grinch arrived. We find a way.

BoomerNTX

~Boomer FN Sooner~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

nope.