• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Season Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Draft Crazy

Have you guys considered with all of the cancellations, having the next two weeks of the season count as the championship matchup?

Yes we have.

I will post something later today about some options. I think in talking to the majority of the league they just want their season to end after this week so I do not want to use the flex option but I think most people think it makes sense for the championship game to be used the next two weeks with you only being able to use the same player once. For instance I can’t start Travis Etienne this week and again next week but if OB or I have a game cancelled we can start that player next week, and if that players game is cancelled again next week we can start someone else in place but it can’t be a player we started this week. I think I’m going to leave it up to each others opponent to decide if they want to do the same but I get the feeling people who aren’t playing for the championship just want to get their season over with and not worry about it but feel it is necessary in the case of omar and I given the circumstances of so many games being cancelled and we still have 3 days to go.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cancellations are really giving me the high hard one this week

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of leaving it up to the two teams playing each other in terms if you use the next two weeks or just get it over with this week. If I was in the championship game I would definitely in this rare case of a crazy season use the next two weeks as a combo where you can only use a player once. It seems to be the most fair way for that game. If you have a players game cancelled twice in back to back weeks then not much else you can do.

We knew it was going to be a weird/crazy year and as DC mentioned at the start of the season, be ready to adjust on the fly. We made the most of the season we had, but I do think for the two playing in the championship, stretching it across two weeks makes the most sense given the huge increase of cancelled games this week.

If we are leaving it up for each player playing each other to decide what way they want their game to be scored, then personally since my game means nothing I am find with my opponent Q and I using just this week and ending it since our game is meaningless, but if the Q would rather use both weeks for out matchup then I am ok with whatever. I personally feel like who cares other then the Championship game in stretching our game out two weeks?

Navin101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we have.

I will post something later today about some options. I think in talking to the majority of the league they just want their season to end after this week so I do not want to use the flex option but I think most people think it makes sense for the championship game to be used the next two weeks with you only being able to use the same player once. For instance I can’t start Travis Etienne this week and again next week but if OB or I have a game cancelled we can start that player next week, and if that players game is cancelled again next week we can start someone else in place but it can’t be a player we started this week. I think I’m going to leave it up to each others opponent to decide if they want to do the same but I get the feeling people who aren’t playing for the championship just want to get their season over with and not worry about it but feel it is necessary in the case of omar and I given the circumstances of so many games being cancelled and we still have 3 days to go.
Yeah, I definitely think it makes sense and is fair to do two weeks. Doesn't seem fair to have a championship decided because one side is down 2 guys due to Covid; this is not like a normal injury or your RB2 not making a bowl game because his team sucks.

But definitely make it so a player can only start once.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the feedback guys. We knew we would be in for a wild ride and have to adjust as we have a few times this year. It has been kinda a sucky season but we are getting through it the best we can and I feel we have all adjusted well. Adding roster spots, yada yada. The saving grace is this isn't for money at least.

Omar and I have decided to flex the two weeks with the rule: If a player is on a bye this week we won't use them next week since they wouldn't have been available to us this week. You have to use a cancelled game from this week in next weeks game as a replacement. You can use any teams games cancelled this week next week as a placement for any games cancelled this week since they should have been available to us this week.

For everyone else I haven't heard enough people say they want to do the same thing with their game this week. I feel most outside the championship matchup just want to end the fantasy season and with really this game not impacting anything in standings, etc, people just want to roll with this week and end the season. If anyone not in the championship game has a strong feeling otherwise to stretch the next two weeks into one please let me know and I will work with your opponent matchup this week.

Remember--- 2021 is the year of THE Q!!!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of leaving it up to the two teams playing each other in terms if you use the next two weeks or just get it over with this week. If I was in the championship game I would definitely in this rare case of a crazy season use the next two weeks as a combo where you can only use a player once. It seems to be the most fair way for that game. If you have a players game cancelled twice in back to back weeks then not much else you can do.

We knew it was going to be a weird/crazy year and as DC mentioned at the start of the season, be ready to adjust on the fly. We made the most of the season we had, but I do think for the two playing in the championship, stretching it across two weeks makes the most sense given the huge increase of cancelled games this week.

If we are leaving it up for each player playing each other to decide what way they want their game to be scored, then personally since my game means nothing I am find with my opponent Q and I using just this week and ending it since our game is meaningless, but if the Q would rather use both weeks for out matchup then I am ok with whatever. I personally feel like who cares other then the Championship game in stretching our game out two weeks?

I just want our season to end...lol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we made the most out of the year. But yes. I am ready for this year to be over. lol

Can't wait for next year though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we made the most out of the year. But yes. I am ready for this year to be over. lol

Can't wait for next year though.

I am in the same boat. Ready for it to end. We made the most out of it and even me for having success it wasn't as fun a usual.

Jayden de Laura now has covid and his backup isn't the guy I drafted. ;)

If we didn't stretch our season into next week I would be starting 2 normal starters this week and even next week is going to be very risky for me that games don't get cancelled.

We made the most of it, and I appreciate everyone plowing through it. At one point it didn't even appear we would have a season. In the end, it was difficult for people with all of the circumstances but we still kept the legacy of soul 12 going with a lot of bumps on the way. It has gotten really bad the past two weeks, but it is what it is. Free Fantasy!

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yabba Dabba doooooooo!

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Rondale Moore finally decides to play and hes on my bench :doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats DC. Now if only your Broncos didn't have to start PS WR's at QB. ;)

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See you all for the draft next year!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks buddy- I was definitely ready for this year to be over with. Last few weeks were brutal for people with all the cancellations.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering I couldn’t use my first, second, or fourth rounder at all, one single half for my 6th rounder and literally half my roster didn’t play until Halloween, and I had two injuries that cost me 3 games by a combined 8 points, finishing 5th and like 4th in points is pretty decent.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats DC. Looking forward to @The Q taking this next year.

osubuckeye89

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,440.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost time for a new year

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1