• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Season Chatter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Little Snakes are dominating. Best team in DCFFL history?
We're alright.

Wilson has been my backbone. Steelers D, incredible.

Claypool being a TD phenom, as a later pick has been really important.

Proud of my receiving corp.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Yahoo out with Covid - player updates have shrunk considerably? This means I have to do my own research - and I an not good at that. Playing my 6th starter at QB - I've had 7 different TE starters.

Last chance to get one of my extra RBs for a starting WR - prior to the trading date.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • The Ravens/Steelers game has been moved to Wednesday, December 2 (remaining in Week 12). If played, stats will be applied to Week 12 matchups. However, the game may not count towards Week 12 if it is canceled or postponed to another date.
  • Waivers and trades will be processed on Friday morning instead of Wednesday morning.
What does that mean for someone who has 4 starters between the Steelers and Ravens and no one to take their place?

It means I need Russell Wilson to score about 35 points for me tonight to have a chance.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I am out in the first round of the playoffs. Good luck all.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You had a strong team this year. I had an absolutely lucky day to win.

I thought I might have a shot to repeat, but it wasn't in the cards. You have a shot to win it SpringStein. I was a low seed last year and pulled it out. It can be done!

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I might have a shot to repeat, but it wasn't in the cards. You have a shot to win it SpringStein. I was a low seed last year and pulled it out. It can be done!
Heck, 30 minutes before the game i had to go pick up a WR off waivers - and the only one with potential I saw was Mooney. He ended up with a TD and 12 points and was the difference between a W and a L.

I do think I'd rather play any remaining games with your roster! Is there any rule against that? ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For real? I didn't even look... I always way until after the last game of the week to see if I won.. I know you had Derrick Henry go off, wasn't sure if there was anyone tonight playing that I needed to be worried about so thought I would watch the game without thinking about fantasy purposes then check out the score.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to both of you. SB had a super season and was consistent throughout the whole year, which was tough to do in this COVID year. And DC managed to have his team on a roll at the end of the year. (I know as I got ROLLED in the semis by him.)

Thanks, DC, for keeping this going over the years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys.

As always had a fun year. I always have fun in this league weather I win 3 games or win a championship. We have a lot of great people in here and a lot of history among people who have been in this league for a long time. (Mingo has been in this fantasy league since year 1)

Big kudos to SuperBelt. I really thought he had one of the best teams in DCFFL history. He consistently put up over 100 points, which is very hard to do week in and week out in a 16 teams, 20 round draft league. I will always remember his team as one of the best teams in DCFFL history. I had Alvin Kamara in two leagues last week , one of which won be a championship and the other in which got me to the championship (or led me I should say) in a record breaking game for him which was crazy timing for me having him in two leagues in the playoffs, then covid struck him this week but Jeffrey Wilson picked up the slack a bit with two tds. A guy I picked up a few weeks ago not really thinking I would use, then there was Sterling Shepard who matched his season total TD this week (2)... I was debating him vs Chark all week but was leaning Shepard once Chark was listed as out then it made it easier. I debated DeShaun Watson vs Ryan Tannehill all week, I started the week off with Watson, changed to Tannehill then yesterday changed back to Watson. They ended up scoring (this is crazy) the same EXACT score this week. All of the debating for the same score.. I guess it worked out. AJ Brown also had a big championship game for me. Nelson Agohlor who was my rd 20 pick who was a nice surprise for me this year didn't do much this week, but he is an unsung fantasy hero for the Tacoma Yard Cats this year.... Then the Saints D.. They picked a great time to have one of their best if not their best fantasy weeks of the season. I had drafted the Vikings D for the 4th year in a row this year and had to play a bit of musical D's this year as the Vikings D was pretty pathetic, but plucking the Saints D off waivers turned out to be a good move as the season went on... I hope the Vikings D enjoys the champagne because I REFUSE to draft them for a 5th straight week.

Great year gents.... Was a lot of fun. I like the activity, everyone stays involved.... Great group of people and I hope you all return for the draft next year.

I was telling SpringStein, it was a pretty crazy year for me in fantasy... Especially considering a Covid year. I am in 4 leagues. (1 college league) 2 NFL leagues and then I am help a friend of mine in his work league that knows very little about the NFL.. I help him draft, make transactions and his lineups... He is in a money league.... To make a long story short. I won the championships in all 4 of those leagues this year... That will never happen again.

I was also happy to see LGM have a good year and I felt like for a second year in a row SpringStein did excellent for having some key injuries throughout the season. Iggloo's team was great and he knocked them off in the first round. Mingo did a lot with a beat up team as well. It seemed to be a good year for Bronco fans in this league. I thought it would have been fitting if the Georgia Masked Men and Vermont Veniliators met up for a title show down. Ironic enough. SpringStein and Mingo without knowing the other one did, both wanted to name their team "Masked Men" this year. SpringStein claimed the name mintues before Mingo.

Here is the DCFFL history of championship games.

2000- Biloxi Pimps (Courtney Alexander #32) 136 San Francisco Hooridas (Mike_BF) 39

2001- Houston Wardogs (DanW) 111 Austin Oil Barons (LGM) 50

2002- Spanish Armada (UK) 58 Mexico Puppies (CHEM X) 55

2003- Bucksnort Jackhammers (Mingo) 79 Palm Beach Jedi (Sippio) 60

2004- Memphis Mudbugs (CF22) 44 Birmingham Bullets (UK) 40

2005- Paducah Quiltbiters (Underdog) 86 Albuquerque Albinos (Bishop) 71

2006- Foxboro Minutemen (BradyJustWins) 89 Terre Haute Tigers (Mingo) 80

2007- York Centurions (UK) 106 Boston Massacre (BradyJustWins) 94

2008- Eugene Lumberjacks (jjdche) 111 Los Angeles Sea Lions 106 (tonystavoli)

2009- Colorado Habaneros (SpringStein) 93 Austin Allnighters (Mingo) 75

2010- Montana Eagles (Langlier) 100 South Carolina Snakes (BHF) 76

2011- West Virginia Hogs (Genus49) 136 Louisiana Rajun Cajuns (Raider Nation) 101

2012- Tuskegee Sand Crabs (Draft Crazy) 117 Idaho Moosetracks (Anointed One) 78

2013- Bismarck Cream Fills 97 (Mingo) Hershey Killdeer 90 (SuperBelt)

2014- Saskatchewan Storm 119 (StUKWI) Cleveland Cobras 70 (MaroonTyphoon)

2015- Salem Skunks 115 (Super Belt) Virginia Hamsters 70 (JonBlaze)

2016- Green Bay River Hogs 80 (Red Snow) Frankfurt Ferrets 62 (Super Belt)

2017- Wawa Waxy Monkey Frogs 89 (eaglesnut) Groveland Grizzlies 88 (Swords)

2018- Seattle Wolverines 90 (Wolverine830872) Saskatoon Lumberjacks 47 (StUKWI)

2019- San Antonio Puffy Tacos 96 (Iggloo) Fort Wayne Thundercats (MonkeyBones) 90

2020- Tacoma Yard Cats 131 (Draft Crazy) St. James Little Snakes (SuperBelt) 101

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really impressed with DC's win here - very shrewd team management. Too bad for SuperBelt - he had maybe the best regular season I've seen in this 16 team league - tough to lose in the championship.

Enjoyed the year guys - Thanks!

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely enjoyed the year, despite having to pick up a starting TE and RB off waivers, then all the injuries and covid, it was just nice to make a playoff run for the first time in a while.

Congrats to DC and Belt; great seasons, and I agree that Belt might have had one of the best seasons ever in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.