• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Seahawks Schedule

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Sunday night's game is on the verge of being postponed or cancelled.

Wildfires are playing hell with the air quality in Seattle and it's so bad that us people in New England maybe able to smell the burn this weekend.

League is discussing moving it to a field where the home team is away or playing it in Foxboro if the Seahawks agree. Since there are no fans, it doesn't seem to to be much of an advantage other than the travel that the team has to do.

How you all feel about that?

I think you all need to get there and do some fire fighting.
First I've heard of a potential postponement or relocation, and I've been listening to local sports radio most of the day (including right now). The air has been bad here, but it's improving and the weather reports I saw on local news this morning indicated it should be continuing to improve into the weekend. Things could certainly change, but I just haven't heard that it may not happen.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, the Boston Globe’s Ben Volin reports that the NFL is monitoring the situation in Seattle.

We see a turn in the weather pattern coming before the weekend, it should help us out," Carroll said. "We’re tuned into it, the predictions, if you’e paying attention to the science, the predictions are it’s gonna move out some here, but anything can happen so we’ve got to be ready, but we think it’s going to be fine”

The Seahawks are keeping an eye on the conditions as well, as Seattle coach Pete Carroll told reports Wednesday.

Fortunately for the Patriots and Seahawks, they could come to a similar compromise. Both teams have a bye in Week 6 and could reschedule their game to that date if air conditions fail to improve.

This would suck

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the forecast of air quality ( AQI ) have been almost spot on every day for the last 5 days in a row and if they continue to hold true with their forcast then the PPM will be in the mid 40's to low 20's Sunday, meaning very good AQI.

I have been watching this sight and they have been pretty spot on with their forecast.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you can see from this next one San Frans air Quality is going to be much worse than Seattle's this sunday,

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I've heard of a potential postponement or relocation, and I've been listening to local sports radio most of the day (including right now). The air has been bad here, but it's improving and the weather reports I saw on local news this morning indicated it should be continuing to improve into the weekend. Things could certainly change, but I just haven't heard that it may not happen.
I agree and the National Weather Service said that you might have an extreme change in wind and weather. Huge cold front moving down from Canada and it's already creating a push of cold air which sits lower than normal. That and the hurricane that hit Louisiana yesterday is some 600 miles wide and is pushing warm air toward the northwest. With any "natural" luck you could see some serious rain by Friday and between the air movement and rain, the air quality will improve dramatically.

A local Boston Independent TV station (WLVI) was the one that picked up on the original story but no one else did anything with it. Everyone wants to be first with a story and today, the media doesn't do any homework before firing a salvo.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and the National Weather Service said that you might have an extreme change in wind and weather. Huge cold front moving down from Canada and it's already creating a push of cold air which sits lower than normal. That and the hurricane that hit Louisiana yesterday is some 600 miles wide and is pushing warm air toward the northwest. With any "natural" luck you could see some serious rain by Friday and between the air movement and rain, the air quality will improve dramatically.

A local Boston Independent TV station (WLVI) was the one that picked up on the original story but no one else did anything with it. Everyone wants to be first with a story and today, the media doesn't do any homework before firing a salvo.
Yeah, there is definitely a ready-fire-aim approach to most of the top issues in our society today.

Right now the AQI in Seattle is 174, which is 4 points higher than what it was in Santa Clara on Sunday for the Cards-Niners game, so as long as things continue on current trajectory then we should be fine for the game. I think the magic number for AQI is 200 with respect to the game being threatened.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Air quality was much better Thursday than the few days prior. There should be no worry about whether or not the game gets played. Sure hope NE is wondering about it though.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
80% chance of rain Fri/Sat so it should be good to go... Barring no one else starts another fire...

1600440087002.png

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did this on the Calendar yesterday...

I have surgery for an issue that I have since I was a kid that needs to be cleaned, happens every 5 years, on Friday October 16th....

We have a bye that week

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just did this on the Calendar yesterday...

I have surgery for an issue that I have since I was a kid that needs to be cleaned, happens every 5 years, on Friday October 16th....

We have a bye that week
Rest up with the team and get back at it the following week.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well do.

Vancouver till Sunday/Monday and then home.

Recover and back to work Mid November