• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Schedule

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 - @ Giants 7:15pm (Monday Night Football)
Week 2 - vs. Denver 1:00pm
Week 3 - vs. Houston 1:00pm
Week 4 - @ Tennessee 1:00pm
Week 5 - vs. Philly 1:00pm
Week 6 - vs. Cleveland 1:00pm
Week 7 - @ Baltimore 1:00pm
Week 8 - BYE
Week 9 - @ Dallas 4:25pm
Week 10 - vs. Cincinnati 1:00pm
Week 11 - @ Jacksonville 1:00pm
Week 12 - vs. Baltimore 8:20pm (Thanksgiving Sunday Night Football)
Week 13 - vs. Washington 1:00pm
Week 14 - @ Buffalo 8:20pm (Sunday Night Football)
Week 15 - @ Cincinnati 8:15pm (Monday Night Football)
Week 16 - vs. Indianapolis 1:00pm
Week 17 - @ Cleveland 1:00pm

Early thoughts, loving the Thanksgiving game at Heinz. Beginning of the season looks fairly easy with the Giants and Denver. Weeks 3-5 and Week 7 are gonna be a good stretch to see how good this team is. Weeks 13-17 also look like it could be a breeze. I'm actually really happy with this schedule. If health isn't a factor, I see this being a very good season for us.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough break for you guys starting off with a demoralizing loss.

You'll have to hope getting blown out Week 1 doesn't derail the whole season.

Maybe a "moral victory" speech after the fact will soften the blow? Plenty of time to write one... it better be good.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 - @ Giants 7:15pm (Monday Night Football)
Week 2 - vs. Denver 1:00pm
Week 3 - vs. Houston 1:00pm
Week 4 - @ Tennessee 1:00pm
Week 5 - vs. Philly 1:00pm
Week 6 - vs. Cleveland 1:00pm
Week 7 - @ Baltimore 1:00pm
Week 8 - BYE
Week 9 - @ Dallas 4:25pm
Week 10 - vs. Cincinnati 1:00pm
Week 11 - @ Jacksonville 1:00pm
Week 12 - vs. Baltimore 8:20pm (Thanksgiving Sunday Night Football)
Week 13 - vs. Washington 1:00pm
Week 14 - @ Buffalo 8:20pm (Sunday Night Football)
Week 15 - @ Cincinnati 8:15pm (Monday Night Football)
Week 16 - vs. Indianapolis 1:00pm
Week 17 - @ Cleveland 1:00pm

Early thoughts, loving the Thanksgiving game at Heinz. Beginning of the season looks fairly easy with the Giants and Denver. Weeks 3-5 and Week 7 are gonna be a good stretch to see how good this team is. Weeks 13-17 also look like it could be a breeze. I'm actually really happy with this schedule. If health isn't a factor, I see this being a very good season for us.

Early thoughts. 4 Primetime games off LY performance is a tip of the cap to Ben...A little surprised to see the Bengals as one of them and not CLE. The DAL game will probably go to most of the country as the 2nd CBS game.

The overall schedule is about as easy as you could make it. If Ben is all the way back and the DEF picks up where they left off LY...looking at this on paper...and assuming reasonable health for Ben (plays at least 14 games) at worse this team should win 11 games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really tough break for you guys starting off with a demoralizing loss.

You'll have to hope getting blown out Week 1 doesn't derail the whole season.

Maybe a "moral victory" speech after the fact will soften the blow? Plenty of time to write one... it better be good.

I trust this is shit talk....Maybe be better served posted on the general board.

But for a rebuttal....maybe you don't realize this but Mike Tomlin is the HC of the Steelers...We're used to losing to teams that they are favored against....if they Steelers are favored to win by more than 3...there's a good chance this is a close game or the lose.

Blown out? Lol

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blown out? Lol
Your battleship is gonna be all like...

jd6Zogx.gif

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the Tomlin Steelers for years.... Based on past history here is a 2020 take.... Horrible loss in Jax in week 11 and the media writes stories about Ben not being physically right and not having good chemistry with the team. 3 touchdown win 4 days later on T-Day and the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders. Am I right?

In all seriousness.... This is a favorable slate with a healthy Ben.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 12-4/13-3 to me.

Which means this 7-9 season is really gonna suck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching the Tomlin Steelers for years.... Based on past history here is a 2020 take.... Horrible loss in Jax in week 11 and the media writes stories about Ben not being physically right and not having good chemistry with the team. 3 touchdown win 4 days later on T-Day and the Steelers are Super Bowl contenders. Am I right?

In all seriousness.... This is a favorable slate with a healthy Ben.

lol

To be honest...after 2 yrs not being in the dance, I'm just hoping they can get back to the playoffs...the big bad wolf Patriots are no longer. KC will be good, but they haven't defended a title before...it's not easy to repeat...AFC is wide open if you can get there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like 12-4/13-3 to me.

Which means this 7-9 season is really gonna suck.

I'm going a little safer...11-5, just thinking Tomlin will piss one away somehow...but I agree with what it looks like on paper.

Interesting they would make the week 15 CIN game a primetimer...kinda late in the season....if it's going well in Cincy, Burrow will get a lot hype in the match up, but if it's not...that's fan, friends and family only game as far a TV interest...maybe they can flex it.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early thoughts. 4 Primetime games off LY performance is a tip of the cap to Ben...A little surprised to see the Bengals as one of them and not CLE. The DAL game will probably go to most of the country as the 2nd CBS game.

The overall schedule is about as easy as you could make it. If Ben is all the way back and the DEF picks up where they left off LY...looking at this on paper...and assuming reasonable health for Ben (plays at least 14 games) at worse this team should win 11 games.

I think the Bengals being primetime is 100% in part to Joe Burrow and the hype that surrounds him. Cleveland last year as primetime sounded right due to OBJ and all the additions they made. But they stunk up the joint and ddidn't make as many moves this offseason.

Looking through this schedule, barring any health issues, I see us maybe having a tough game with Baltimore, Tennessee, maybe Philly and Dallas. After that Dallas game, it SHOULD be a cake walk outside of Thanksgiving. But then again, we seem to struggle against mediocre teams so games like Jacksonville and Indianapolis might be tough.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the surface, without investing much thought into the opponents I'd say we're lookin at 10-11 wins. I've said it many times before, but I suspect the Steelers offense is going to be a little more vanilla this year with Ben being somewhat restricted. Which could mean they'll be in a lot of close games. The defense should be more than capable of holding opponents to under 20pts per game. So as long as Ben and the offense can muster 3 TDs per game without coughing up the ball much they should be sweeping the majority of this schedule.

But then again we're quite accustomed to disappointment here & there. SO who the hell knows. Tomlin's teams are notoriously slow out of the gate, and with all this COVID madness I'm sure that will only compound that slow start. The coaching better be stellar this year to make up for it (lol).

FWIW I hope I'm wrong about the offense. Ben's return should cure a LOT of ailments, but I'm worried about the O-line & his arm holding up.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals being primetime is 100% in part to Joe Burrow and the hype that surrounds him. Cleveland last year as primetime sounded right due to OBJ and all the additions they made. But they stunk up the joint and ddidn't make as many moves this offseason.

Looking through this schedule, barring any health issues, I see us maybe having a tough game with Baltimore, Tennessee, maybe Philly and Dallas. After that Dallas game, it SHOULD be a cake walk outside of Thanksgiving. But then again, we seem to struggle against mediocre teams so games like Jacksonville and Indianapolis might be tough.

Yeah...now question they are showing the #1 overall some love.
Still ironic with CLE/PIT splitting LY...and the bad blood, I would think it would have some national interest...but clearly CLE was not ready for as much primetime exposure and have been dialed back this season.

PHI will be a tough game and DAL.

TN will be as well, I agree. These games might be w/o fans, but I would've considered taking my daughter to that one in Nashville...she's never seen the Steelers live....she's 30 y/o but the only other football fan in the family!

IND could take a while to get going with Rivers, but by week 16 they should be about as good as they are going to be...at home, PIT will likely be favored...that is definitely one that could bite them...hopefully Ebron's presence will keep the sharp.

I think they will do no worse than split with CIN...They need to figure out a way to split with BAL and CLE.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty easy schedule. Biggest bumps re the Ravens, Titans and Cowboys, although one never should count out the Broncos. For some reason, Tomlin always finds a way to give away a game that should have been a no brainer. I've sid this many times over the years with the Pats.....'I hate easy schedules. The team tends to get through an easy schedule at 11-5 or 12-4 and then struggles when they have to play the tough guys in the playoffs.' The Patriots had a couple of these and lost either the AFCCG or the SB. Great viewing during the season but gut wrenching in the playoffs.

Good luck Steelers. Games won't be the same without the crazies and their yellow towels.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty easy schedule. Biggest bumps re the Ravens, Titans and Cowboys, although one never should count out the Broncos. For some reason, Tomlin always finds a way to give away a game that should have been a no brainer. I've sid this many times over the years with the Pats.....'I hate easy schedules. The team tends to get through an easy schedule at 11-5 or 12-4 and then struggles when they have to play the tough guys in the playoffs.' The Patriots had a couple of these and lost either the AFCCG or the SB. Great viewing during the season but gut wrenching in the playoffs.

Good luck Steelers. Games won't be the same without the crazies and their yellow towels.
I’d include Denver & Houston as tougher games. But I agree, on paper this schedule is very favorable.

However we are quite accustomed to Tomlin’s teams playing down to the competition so really any game is fair play this season lol

Good luck to you as well! Going to be very strange watching Cam Newton QB the Pats.