• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Schedule

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
A First Look at the 49ers 2020 Opponents

The 49ers just need to themselves, not worry about who they play. Granted there will be a SB loser "hang over", to overcome, easier said than done.

Not surprisingly we play two GOOD teams (Green Bay and New Orleans) outside of the same NFC East and AFC East, that other West teams play. A tough schedule no doubt, but that's the way it works.

Similar to this season, how it lines up will make a little difference? Do the GOOD teams pile up "back to back to back"? Are there two East coast trips back to back? How many short weeks with Thursday night games?

When is a good time for a bye week?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, and Giants will be easier games, the rest are more difficult. It is a tougher schedule but as you said everyone in the division is playing mostly the same teams except the Packers and Saints.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articl...s-49ers-deebo-samuel-receiving-yards-rushing/

I like the optimism but don't see him with 500 yards rushing? We should continue to lean on the current RB's since nothing is wrong with it. The running game went well and no need to increase his runs.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
PRESEASON

Week 1: Away against the Denver Broncos. August 13-17. Dates not yet confirmed.

Week 2: Home against the Las Vegas Raiders. August 20-24. Dates not yet confirmed.

Week 3: Away against the Chicago Bears. August 27-30. Dates not yet confirmed.

Week 4: Home against the Los Angeles Chargers. September 3-4. Dates not yet confirmed.

REGULAR SEASON

Week 1: Home against the Arizona Cardinals. Sunday, September 13, 1:25 p.m. on FOX.

Week 2: Away against the New York Jets. Sunday, September 20 at 10:00 a.m. on FOX.

Week 3: Away against the New York Giants. Sunday, September 27 at 10:00 a.m. on FOX.

Week 4: Home against the Philadelphia Eagles. Sunday, October 4 at 5:20 p.m. on NBC.

Week 5: Home against the Miami Dolphins. Sunday, October 11 at 1:05 p.m. on FOX.

Week 6: Home against the Los Angeles Rams. Sunday, October 18 at 5:20 p.m. on NBC.

Week 7: Away against the New England Patriots. Sunday, October 25 at 1:25 p.m. on CBS.

Week 8: Away against the Seattle Seahawks. Sunday, November 1 at 1:25 p.m. on Fox.

Week 9: Home against the Green Bay Packers. Thursday, November 5 at 5:20 on FOX, NFL Network and Amazon.

Week 10: Away against the New Orleans Saints. Sunday, November 15 at 1:25 p.m. on FOX.

Week 11: Bye week.

Week 12: Away against the Los Angeles Rams. Sunday, November 29 at 1:05 on FOX.

Week 13: Home against the Buffalo Bills. Monday, December 7 at 5:15 on ESPN.

Week 14: Home against Washington. Sunday, December 13 at 1:25 p.m. on FOX.

Week 15: Away against the Dallas Cowboys. Sunday, December 20 at 5:20 p.m. on NBC.

Week 16: Away against the Arizona Cardinals. Saturday, December 26, time to be determined, television station to be determined as well.

Week 17: Home against the Seattle Seahawks. Sunday, January 3 at 1:25 p.m. on Fox.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As with every season, it starts with the other West teams.

Like most media types, i see the Cardinals on the rise and the Rams on the decline. For some reason i view the Seahawks as 'neutral'

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barring injury to critical performers, it looks like 13 and 3 again and another first-round bye.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the Dolphins, Jets, Redskins, and Giants will be easier games, the rest are more difficult. It is a tougher schedule but as you said everyone in the division is playing mostly the same teams except the Packers and Saints.
The Patriots will be MUCH easier as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Barring injury to critical performers, it looks like 13 and 3 again and another first-round bye.

While i REALLY hope so, i will say 10-6 or 11-5 due to the SB hangover.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder how many of those games actually get played.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder how many of those games actually get played.

Likely a small chance all 16 games are played, i'll guess more like 10 with two Pre-Season game? Maybe 12 games if no byes and only one week prior to the SB?

The NFL covers most States and all of them has to re-open at nearly the same time. From current news reports, there are still too many variations across the nation.

IF they can't fit this current schedule, they'll have to do a new schedule based on the number of games that CAN be played. They can't just cut off the first four or six games from this schedule.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely a small chance all 16 games are played, i'll guess more like 10 with two Pre-Season game? Maybe 12 games if no byes and only one week prior to the SB?

The NFL covers most States and all of them has to re-open at nearly the same time. From current news reports, there are still too many variations across the nation.

IF they can't fit this current schedule, they'll have to do a new schedule based on the number of games that CAN be played. They can't just cut off the first four or six games from this schedule.

They can cut any part of this schedule out as they see fit - see the strike in 1982. They can redo a new schedule in event of state or league shutdowns as well. Remains to be seen.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They can cut any part of this schedule out as they see fit - see the strike in 1982. They can redo a new schedule in event of state or league shutdowns as well. Remains to be seen.

This is a different situation than the strike year, this time the NFL decides if/when to start the season. Since they'll decide when to start, they'll re-do the schedule if 16 games can't fit.

The strike occurred after the season started, and it was decided on by the players.

Now if they start the 16 game season and the pandemic 'relapses', then this will be similar (not same) to the strike season.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see all 16 games played. Then again, I live in Texas, the land of "if you have a problem with that, you can go fuck yourself."

Other than that, who did the Niners piss off in the league office to get 2 road games in a row followed by a Thursday night game? It seems like the Niners always get shit on in the schedule.

Every team grumbles about schedules, but it seems like west coast teams get screwed WAY more than others. I mean, I'll never forget that the Niners were the ONLY team in league history to have to travel 3 time zones for a thanksgiving day game (which we barely lost). That's important b/c almost every team that has ever had to travel even 2 time zones for a thanksgiving day game lost. Basically, the league scheduled us for a loss b/c we were a west coast team. God knows they wouldn't have scheduled the Ravens to travel to SF for that game b/c the ratings woudn't have been as good b/c half the nation would've been asleep by then. ...but fuck the west coast teams, right? LOL

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we'll see all 16 games played. Then again, I live in Texas, the land of "if you have a problem with that, you can go fuck yourself."

Other than that, who did the Niners piss off in the league office to get 2 road games in a row followed by a Thursday night game? It seems like the Niners always get shit on in the schedule.

Every team grumbles about schedules, but it seems like west coast teams get screwed WAY more than others. I mean, I'll never forget that the Niners were the ONLY team in league history to have to travel 3 time zones for a thanksgiving day game (which we barely lost). That's important b/c almost every team that has ever had to travel even 2 time zones for a thanksgiving day game lost. Basically, the league scheduled us for a loss b/c we were a west coast team. God knows they wouldn't have scheduled the Ravens to travel to SF for that game b/c the ratings woudn't have been as good b/c half the nation would've been asleep by then. ...but fuck the west coast teams, right? LOL

I hear yah...it's mostly the geography thing, but I do remember a few times I would always check the sched to see the game before the Seahawks game in Seattle. Seemed like the Seattle game was always a night affair when the hype is out of control, and of course SF was on the road the week before - somewhere on the east coast, or Saturn....some far away shit. Stupid shit like that.

Speaking of Seattle - they have 4 games on the east coast this year. I don't know if any of them are back/back however.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We don't have any major pro sports in my state but we also haven't been hit hard by covid19 either. I think we've only had 8 cases in my county and all those are on the edge near larger population centers. I live on a rural county.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We don't have any major pro sports in my state but we also haven't been hit hard by covid19 either. I think we've only had 8 cases in my county and all those are on the edge near larger population centers. I live on a rural county.

Similar here (Statewide) on both pro sports and cases of COVID-19.

Thank God the COVID-19 isn't as bad as it could be.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i REALLY hope so, i will say 10-6 or 11-5 due to the SB hangover.
They'll be even stronger than last year now that they know they can win. I just went with the number of games they play against teams that they are better than to arrive at the number 13. I don't see them sliding to 10 and 6 especially when they will ost certainly win their first six games looking at the schedule.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They'll be even stronger than last year now that they know they can win. I just went with the number of games they play against teams that they are better than to arrive at the number 13. I don't see them sliding to 10 and 6 especially when they will ost certainly win their first six games looking at the schedule.

On paper they look like another 13-3 team, but that's on paper. The first part of schedule does help and if it plays out all wins, then we just need to avoid losing streaks rest of the season.

Again, not rooting against them like you did last year, but do believe the SB hangover is real. Maybe the first part of the schedule won't let the hangover in?