• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Offseason plan wish list

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how you assume what JLC , Holcomb , SDH and foster can and can not do in a 4-3 defense

perhaps JDR believes he can win with those guys at LB the 2 of the 1st 3 lbs i mentioned all are good in coverage . holcomb has the potential to be .

we dont know fosters injury status but clips i have posted seem to indicate he will be ready to go in TC

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we go!

Disclaimer: Many will probably disagree with this offseason plan and claim this is wasting money and unreasonable. My goal would be to build a competitive team while reinforcing key areas with high draft picks. This FA approach and mock draft would get us in contention while building a young core of players like Rivera wants.
I am not going into great detail like contract length and what not and have taken cap savings, draft positions and contract demands from various websites

Cuts:
Morgan Moses = 5 million in cap space
Alex Smith = 10 million cap space

Trades:
Trent Williams = 13 in cap space. Trade for a 2nd round pick
Ryan Kerrigan = 12 million in cap space. Trade for a 4th round pick.
Trade 2nd overall to Miami for 5th, 18th and 39th over all picks as rumored.
Total cap space for 2020: 103 million
Total draft picks: 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4 (comp pick), 5, 7, 7

FA:
I would stay away from the high priced players who want absurd contracts and go for players who graded well in 2019, who are young and who have been healthy.

Nick Kwiatkoski = OLB. 26 yrs old (9 million a year contract). 4-5 year deal
Blake Martinez = MLB. 26 yrs old (10 million a year contract). 4-5 year deal
Jake Conklin = RT. 25 yrs old (14 million a year contract). 7 year deal
Jacob Hollister = TE. 26 years old (7 million a year contract). 6 year deal
Tre Boston = FS. 27 years old (6 million a year contract). 4 year deal
Kendall Fuller = CB. 25 years old (7 million a year contract). 7 year deal
Graham Glasgow = Guard. 27 years old (10 million a year contract). 5 year deal
Matt Moore = Back Up QB. 35 (5 million for a 1 year deal)
68 million in FA total with 35 million left in cap.

For the draft, I would attack the board with BPA for a position of need and toward the end, draft the BPA regarldess of position.

Draft:
1st: Jedrick Willis Jr- Bama = LT
1st: AJ Epenesa- Iowa = DE
2nd: Justin Jefferson - LSU= WR
2nd: Jeff Gladney- TCU = CB
3rd: Logan Stenberg- Kentucky = OG
4th: Adam Trautman- Dayton = TE
4th: JR Reid- GA = FS
4th: Keshawn Vaughn- Vandy = RB
5th: BPA
7th: BPA
7th: BPA

Starters for 2020:
QB: Haskins
RB: Guice
WR: McLaurin, Jefferson and Sims
TE: Hollister
OL: Willis Jr, Glasgow, Rouiller, Martin/Stenberg, Conklin

DL: Epensa, Payne, Allen, Sweat
LB: Kwiatkoski, Martinez, Holcomb
CB: Fuller, Dunbar, Moreau/Gladney
FS: Boston
SS: Collins

The team wins 9 games in 2020 and has talent and depth on both sides of the ball.

If we cut Alex Smith, we have dead cap of 32 million, spread over two years is 16 million, saves us 5 million in space. Moses would save us 5 million, RK and TW would save us closer to 24 million. You also would have let Scherff walk and saves us nearly 15 million.

This puts us at 92 million in cap space from what I gathered.

You undershot signing by 4 million average so far.

So the 35 million we supposedly had left is actually 11 million less because I think your cap numbers were wrong at 103 million, plus 4 million less so far on contracts, leaving us with 20 million.

With he extra picks we got, that is roughly 15 million in draft pick money, leaving us with 5 million for injuries.

You plug and play up to five rookies, leaving yourself no choice but to start your LT and DE.

In the process, we lose a 2021 second rounder for Hollister.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we cut Alex Smith, we have dead cap of 32 million, spread over two years is 16 million, saves us 5 million in space. Moses would save us 5 million, RK and TW would save us closer to 24 million. You also would have let Scherff walk and saves us nearly 15 million.

This puts us at 92 million in cap space from what I gathered.

You undershot signing by 4 million average so far.

So the 35 million we supposedly had left is actually 11 million less because I think your cap numbers were wrong at 103 million, plus 4 million less so far on contracts, leaving us with 20 million.

With he extra picks we got, that is roughly 15 million in draft pick money, leaving us with 5 million for injuries.

You plug and play up to five rookies, leaving yourself no choice but to start your LT and DE.

In the process, we lose a 2021 second rounder for Hollister.
Now add the extra holes you have to fill getting rid of Moses . And you are right about hollister

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Duke...huge question...

Why has no team in NFL history came close to going that insane in FA, to include Vinny Cerrato’s Redskins?

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Duke...huge question...

Why has no team in NFL history came close to going that insane in FA, to include Vinny Cerrato’s Redskins?
Well its pretty simple.

We have to draw a line in the sand at some point. Lets review the facts:

We have 1 playoff win in 20 years and our last SB appearance was 1991.
We are the 7th worse team in the NFL over the past decade.
We have several regimes that have failed: Spurrier, Zorn, Gibbs, Shanahan, Gruden
We have had 2 flops for GMs/Team Presidents: Vinny and Bruce

We have been overly aggressive in FA and have been selective spenders during the past 20 years. Neither have worked for any longer than 1 year.

We are losing fans left and right are are a laughing stock.

We are in depression if you will correct? Call my plan "The New Deal". Has it ever been tried, I am not sure but we are literally the worst team in the NFL at this point. I believe the Bengals would beat us head to head actually.

We need a shot in the arm of talent and the plan presented does just that. Its the opposite of what Vinny did. ALl players I mocked were young, healthy and graded out well. Vinny would NOT have done that.

It is literally that bad and several posters here do not understand that. I do not think RR lasts more than 3 years if he cannot show improvement. I am one the few posters here who does not kiss the ring of the FO. Some posters here would defend the FO if they brought in Bozo the Clown. THe "lets do it right" crowd has been saying that for years. The amount of faith some posters have in RR is laughable. We simply do not know enough about him and Carolina fired him after a little better than a .500 overall record.

I firmly believe some posters here will be saying the same crap in 10 years. "Build through the draft", "No short-cuts", etc. None of that has worked period.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its pretty simple.

We have to draw a line in the sand at some point. Lets review the facts:

We have 1 playoff win in 20 years and our last SB appearance was 1991.
We are the 7th worse team in the NFL over the past decade.
We have several regimes that have failed: Spurrier, Zorn, Gibbs, Shanahan, Gruden
We have had 2 flops for GMs/Team Presidents: Vinny and Bruce

We have been overly aggressive in FA and have been selective spenders during the past 20 years. Neither have worked for any longer than 1 year.

We are losing fans left and right are are a laughing stock.

We are in depression if you will correct? Call my plan "The New Deal". Has it ever been tried, I am not sure but we are literally the worst team in the NFL at this point. I believe the Bengals would beat us head to head actually.

We need a shot in the arm of talent and the plan presented does just that. Its the opposite of what Vinny did. ALl players I mocked were young, healthy and graded out well. Vinny would NOT have done that.

It is literally that bad and several posters here do not understand that. I do not think RR lasts more than 3 years if he cannot show improvement. I am one the few posters here who does not kiss the ring of the FO. Some posters here would defend the FO if they brought in Bozo the Clown. THe "lets do it right" crowd has been saying that for years. The amount of faith some posters have in RR is laughable. We simply do not know enough about him and Carolina fired him after a little better than a .500 overall record.

I firmly believe some posters here will be saying the same crap in 10 years. "Build through the draft", "No short-cuts", etc. None of that has worked period.

We have never been frugal in FA. Let’s try that. Let’s copy the example that is NE. Let’s copy the example that is Pittsburgh.

What you are suggesting has never been done in the NFL because people know it is absurd. There is a reason their own teams didn’t pay for their services. It is because they are expendable.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have frugal the past 4 years...that is a fact.

Heck at this point, I would take some free agents. RR is making moves that a SB contending does. He is making depth signings when we have no starters...LOL

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Cut the FA in half that I proposed...I don't care. Its better than the crap we are doing now.

$10 say we are having this philosophy discussion still in 5 years. We have been having them since the TexRich and Hitman days with Goldy...sign

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have frugal the past 4 years...that is a fact.

Heck at this point, I would take some free agents. RR is making moves that a SB contending does. He is making depth signings when we have no starters...LOL

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Cut the FA in half that I proposed...I don't care. Its better than the crap we are doing now.

$10 say we are having this philosophy discussion still in 5 years. We have been having them since the TexRich and Hitman days with Goldy...sign

If we had been frugal, we would have had more than 45 million.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the 7th most cap room in the league.

We had the eight most but that doesn’t mean we had a lot. We had 26 million less than Miami and three other teams were within two million of us.

That isn’t frugal because we still had to pay Scherff. With that 15 million, we were middle of the pack. It is a much better idea to pay average players, average money, and pay upper echelon players. Half the players you mentioned aren’t even a real upgrade to what we have.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had the eight most but that doesn’t mean we had a lot. We had 26 million less than Miami and three other teams were within two million of us.

That isn’t frugal because we still had to pay Scherff. With that 15 million, we were middle of the pack. It is a much better idea to pay average players, average money, and pay upper echelon players. Half the players you mentioned aren’t even a real upgrade to what we have.

The players I selected had good grades on them and were upgrades for sure. You can argue that the rookies were not but thats about it. Bottom line, my suggestions were a whole heck of a lot smarter than the mess we are putting together. Rivera is looking at a 5 year plan and what he is doing makes little sense. I have zero trust in what is going on. Its bad enough that he brought in a bunch of yes men coaches from Carolina.

There is really not need to respond and you have been saying the same stuff for years now and I do not agree with you. Lets just agree to disagree and stop wasting each others time?

Deal?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The players I selected had good grades on them and were upgrades for sure. You can argue that the rookies were not but thats about it. Bottom line, my suggestions were a whole heck of a lot smarter than the mess we are putting together. Rivera is looking at a 5 year plan and what he is doing makes little sense. I have zero trust in what is going on. Its bad enough that he brought in a bunch of yes men coaches from Carolina.

There is really not need to respond and you have been saying the same stuff for years now and I do not agree with you. Lets just agree to disagree and stop wasting each others time?

Deal?

Jarwin- Has been in the league for three years and has 11 starts. Last season, he caught 31 for 365. Compare that to Sprinkle with 26 for 241. Jarwin is getting 6 million per season and would have cost us a second round pick.

Jacob Hollister is another TE you like. He has started 5 games in three years and has never won the job. Last season, he had 41 catches for 349 yards. He also had a second round tender and would have cost at least four million per season.

Nick Kwiatkoski was a part time starter. He didn’t win the job. He had 76 tackles, 3 sacks, and a pick. He was signed for 7 million per season. Bostic had 105 tackles, 1 sack, and a pick. He has been the starter on three teams in three years and only costs 2.5 million per season.

It is like you see a shiny new object and hope it comes to life for our team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

Duke gives me a face palm for listing out the actual facts and showing the numbers. Absolutely hilarious.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

Duke gives me a face palm for listing out the actual facts and showing the numbers. Absolutely hilarious.

I think duke is handing out Facepalm's since he is not getting what he wants.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hilarious.

I gave you a facepalm because I am done arguing with you for the past 10-15 years. We are never going to see eye to eye and I give you facts and you ignore them or do not address. You go your way and I go my way. Sound good?

The ignore button is a beautiful thing. Just so we are all on the same page, that is what I am using now. Thanks!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think duke is handing out Facepalm's since he is not getting what he wants.

Nope, just trying to have a relavent team and I have zero trust in the current regime. Again, the ignore button is a beautiful thing. If you don't like my posts, don't respond.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, just trying to have a relavent team and I have zero trust in the current regime. Again, the ignore button is a beautiful thing. If you don't like my posts, don't respond.

No but handing out face palms to ACTUAL FACTS seems quite childish.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No but handing out face palms to ACTUAL FACTS seems quite childish.
Just frustrated and want to turn this ship around like everybody else hopefully. Thats all.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think I responded directly to you when you got all butt hurt. Like you said, ignore is a feature you are welcome to use at anytime. :suds: