• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Offseason plan wish list

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the 2019 draft is going well so far but here are my notes. Keep in mind, we need starters in the draft as well. I am only refering to if the player remained with the team and I do not care if they are succeding elsewhere:

2016= Terrible draft as our first 2 picks are complete busts. We had to hit on these picks and did not.
IMan is the only one left. In other words, this was a disaster of a draft

2017 = Average/below average draft
Reviewing the Redskins 2017 draft: Lots of depth, little flair
Jonathan Allen. Pick: Average pick and may not be resigned. Not a bust but has not lived up to his 1st round status.
Ryan Anderson. Pick: Bust. Is a depth only player and only started 4 games last year.
Fabian Moreau. Below average pick: He grades out very poorly and below average. Will probably not be resigned
Samaje Perine. No longer with team
Montae Nicholson. Ok pick, will probably be cut this year due to off field troubles and ok production
Jeremy Sprinkle. Solid pick, will probably be cut this year due to off field troubles and ok production
Chase Roullier. Great pick
Robert Davis. Cut and no longer with team

2018 = Average draft. Good for depth and bi-polar as it has busts or great picks.

payne = Great pick
Guice RB = Bust. Cannot stay on the field and is injury prone
christian = Bust so far.
apke = average to below average
settle = Great pick
SDH = Great pick
Adonis Alexander = No longer with team
stroman = Average pick
trey quinn = Below average pick and cannot stay healthy

So in my estimation we have:
2016 = Disaster
2017 = Average below/average
2018 = Average
2019 = Solid

All in al, I have about "average" for these drafts total and about a 50% hit rate. According to you, we hit on 50% of FA and that is what I have with the draft.
3 still in nfl 2016
7 still in NFL 2017
8 still in nfl 2018
Every pick still in NFL

Way more the 50% rate and let’s be realistic most 4th through 7th rounders are career back ups at best . 1-3 rounds you are looking for starters by year 3
Mid 1st rounders are 10 yr starters

the 2 busts aren’t on this FO

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the 2019 draft is going well so far but here are my notes. Keep in mind, we need starters in the draft as well. I am only refering to if the player remained with the team and I do not care if they are succeding elsewhere:

2016= Terrible draft as our first 2 picks are complete busts. We had to hit on these picks and did not.
IMan is the only one left. In other words, this was a disaster of a draft

2017 = Average/below average draft
Reviewing the Redskins 2017 draft: Lots of depth, little flair
Jonathan Allen. Pick: Average pick and may not be resigned. Not a bust but has not lived up to his 1st round status.
Ryan Anderson. Pick: Bust. Is a depth only player and only started 4 games last year.
Fabian Moreau. Below average pick: He grades out very poorly and below average. Will probably not be resigned
Samaje Perine. No longer with team
Montae Nicholson. Ok pick, will probably be cut this year due to off field troubles and ok production
Jeremy Sprinkle. Solid pick, will probably be cut this year due to off field troubles and ok production
Chase Roullier. Great pick
Robert Davis. Cut and no longer with team

2018 = Average draft. Good for depth and bi-polar as it has busts or great picks.

payne = Great pick
Guice RB = Bust. Cannot stay on the field and is injury prone
christian = Bust so far.
apke = average to below average
settle = Great pick
SDH = Great pick
Adonis Alexander = No longer with team
stroman = Average pick
trey quinn = Below average pick and cannot stay healthy

So in my estimation we have:
2016 = Disaster
2017 = Average below/average
2018 = Average
2019 = Solid

All in al, I have about "average" for these drafts total and about a 50% hit rate. According to you, we hit on 50% of FA and that is what I have with the draft.
2016 is a disaster when you hit on a PB player ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really interesting reading the back and forth on drafted players, then how they fared here or elsewhere.

Some years back, I created a thread titled "Square pegs into round hole" (2013) in which I outlined the issue that to date has plagued this team/organization, and thus far discounting Ron Rivera we have not had a head coach who looked at his roster and planned based upon the talent that he had.
I believe that Only George Allen and Joe Gibbs made the best of what he had, in Allen's case he sold youth for aged veterans.
This team has talent right now. I'm hoping and believing that Jack Del Rio's primary reason for agreeing to come here was because he looked at the talent and thought to himself, "I can definitely do something special with those guys." Remember, that the ink was barely dry on his contract when the announcement came that this team was going to a 4-3 base defense.
I look for the same thing from Scott Turner.
Hopefully, we've finally gotten that my way or highway with poor fits and horrible use of talent in staid systems,that doesn't get the best out of them.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Rivera has hit a strategy that can work with Dan. I think he is going to include Dan in more of the discussions and decision making processes. No owner is going to sit by the way side and do nothing. I think it is HUGE not to have a middle man ala Vinny or Bruce.

The last time we had real HCs here Bruce and Dan cooked up Donovan and a few years later they cooked up Griffin without/despite the HC. Then there was Gibbs II which was moderately successful but as much as I loved Coach Gibbs he was never meant to be GM Gibbs …. especially with Vinny by his side. Marty's lone year was heading in the right direction but he wouldn't let Dan play in his sand box.

Anyhow, I hope you are right and we build to our/their strengths. I also think Del Rio being here as DC could be huge.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am hoping Rivera has hit a strategy that can work with Dan. I think he is going to include Dan in more of the discussions and decision making processes. No owner is going to sit by the way side and do nothing. I think it is HUGE not to have a middle man ala Vinny or Bruce.

The last time we had real HCs here Bruce and Dan cooked up Donovan and a few years later they cooked up Griffin without/despite the HC. Then there was Gibbs II which was moderately successful but as much as I loved Coach Gibbs he was never meant to be GM Gibbs …. especially with Vinny by his side. Marty's lone year was heading in the right direction but he wouldn't let Dan play in his sand box.

Anyhow, I hope you are right and we build to our/their strengths. I also think Del Rio being here as DC could be huge.
I think including Danny in the discussions is a good idea

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think including Danny in the discussions is a good idea

I agree, however, there's one condition and that's if he's there to study and actually learn how professional people run NFL franchises. These are teachable times for Mr. Snyder, he's been trying things his way since he purchased the team.

I'm holding onto hope that after so many failed attempts, 2020 becomes that time in which Danny climbs into the upper echelon of NFL owners.:yo::hope:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My offseason plan

1- Take care of Scherff and Dunbar extensions.
2- Jon Bostic offer of 8 million for two years, 4 million guaranteed. Not great but a worthy backup that can push a starter.

pre-draft
Breshad Perriman. I would offer him 12 million over two years, 6 is guaranteed. He is the only WR that interests me.

Eric Ebron or Hunter Henry. I prefer Ebron for his upside and lower cost. I would offer both 4 year contract for 7 and 9 million respectively, guaranteeing half.

I would also consider Nick Vannet and Rickey Seals-Jones on two year deals worth 2 million total, half guaranteed.

Consider Cory Littleton, who has gotten better each year. I would offer him 10- 12 million per season and take a look at opening negotiations.

At corner, I would look at James Bradberry (15 mil/), Mackenzie Alexander (10mil/), Bradley Roby (8mil/), and Kendall Fuller (7 mil/) and see who I am most comfortable with.

In no way do I ever panic in decision making.

DRAFT- working on it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My offseason plan

1- Take care of Scherff and Dunbar extensions.
2- Jon Bostic offer of 8 million for two years, 4 million guaranteed. Not great but a worthy backup that can push a starter.

pre-draft
Breshad Perriman. I would offer him 12 million over two years, 6 is guaranteed. He is the only WR that interests me.

Eric Ebron or Hunter Henry. I prefer Ebron for his upside and lower cost. I would offer both 4 year contract for 7 and 9 million respectively, guaranteeing half.

I would also consider Nick Vannet and Rickey Seals-Jones on two year deals worth 2 million total, half guaranteed.

Consider Cory Littleton, who has gotten better each year. I would offer him 10- 12 million per season and take a look at opening negotiations.

At corner, I would look at James Bradberry (15 mil/), Mackenzie Alexander (10mil/), Bradley Roby (8mil/), and Kendall Fuller (7 mil/) and see who I am most comfortable with.

In no way do I ever panic in decision making.

DRAFT- working on it.

Just thought I would bump this for now.

So far we have taken care of Scherff for the season, not long term, but he is here.

We signed Bostic at close to what I had.

Fuller is back at a bit more than I projected.

Good so far.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought I would bump this for now.

So far we have taken care of Scherff for the season, not long term, but he is here.

We signed Bostic at close to what I had.

Fuller is back at a bit more than I projected.

Good so far.

There not going the route I had hoped. Shocker....

Add this to the list of things I complained about over the past few years>
Signing Zorn to be coach
Signing Haynesworth
Trading for McNabb
Tagging Cousins 2 years in a row

The list of bone headed moves continues. I am used to it by now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There not going the route I had hoped. Shocker....

Add this to the list of things I complained about over the past few years>
Signing Zorn to be coach
Signing Haynesworth
Trading for McNabb
Tagging Cousins 2 years in a row

The list of bone headed moves continues. I am used to it by now.

What did you want to do, that this front office has not done, that you consider bone headed? Just want it on record.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did you want to do, that this front office has not done, that you consider bone headed? Just want it on record.

Sure
Hire a more proven OC like Shumur or one with more proven experience. We hired a 1st time NFL OC to fix the worst offense in the league.

Not retaining Ike Hilliard at WR coach. He worked miracles with 3 rookie WRs

Not signing Blake Martinez or Nick Kwiatkoski to bolster a terrible LB corps. Corey Littleton or Joe Schobert would be fine. According to Keim, we are not targeting LB at this time so it appears Bostic is what we are going with at MLB. Per Keim, we are going to roll with what we have.

Tagging Scherff

Passing on Conklin to take over at RT

Not securing a TE on Day 1 such as Jarwin

Directions I think we are going that I disagree with. This can obviously change.

Not trading back from that #2 spot to get more picks and secure a LT in the 1st round.

Keeping RK around for no apparent reason.

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure
Hire a more proven OC like Shumur or one with more proven experience. We hired a 1st time NFL OC to fix the worst offense in the league.

Not retaining Ike Hilliard at WR coach. He worked miracles with 3 rookie WRs

Not signing Blake Martinez or Nick Kwiatkoski to bolster a terrible LB corps. Corey Littleton or Joe Schobert would be fine. According to Keim, we are not targeting LB at this time so it appears Bostic is what we are going with at MLB. Per Keim, we are going to roll with what we have.

Tagging Scherff

Passing on Conklin to take over at RT

Not securing a TE on Day 1 such as Jarwin

Directions I think we are going that I disagree with. This can obviously change.

Not trading back from that #2 spot to get more picks and secure a LT in the 1st round.

Keeping RK around for no apparent reason.

Those are the ones off the top of my head.

What would you have done with Scherff?

So you wanted to pay Blake Martinez more than 30 million over three years, or Nick Kwiatkoski 21 million over three years?

You would have signed Jack Conklin to more than 42 million over three years, while having Moses on contract for another 18+ million over the next two years (I assume you would have just ate the 3.8 million in dead space)? But what would you have done at LT? Right now we have TW under contract with a 14.5 million cap hit. That would be 30 million for your two tackles.

You would have signed Jarwin for more than 8 million per season? What has he done to warrant close to that money? Wasn’t he also a RFA and you would have had to give up a pick? If not, which TE did we miss on?

In order to trade back, you have to have a partner.

Agree on RK, unless we are trying to trade him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you have done with Scherff?

So you wanted to pay Blake Martinez more than 30 million over three years, or Nick Kwiatkoski 21 million over three years?

You would have signed Jack Conklin to more than 42 million over three years, while having Moses on contract for another 18+ million over the next two years (I assume you would have just ate the 3.8 million in dead space)? But what would you have done at LT? Right now we have TW under contract with a 14.5 million cap hit. That would be 30 million for your two tackles.

You would have signed Jarwin for more than 8 million per season? What has he done to warrant close to that money? Wasn’t he also a RFA and you would have had to give up a pick? If not, which TE did we miss on?

In order to trade back, you have to have a partner.

Agree on RK, unless we are trying to trade him.

I lined this all out in my post a few weeks ago.
Per Keim, we were not interested in any FA LB so I doubt any offers were made.

I addressed all of your questions in my first post.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lined this all out in my post a few weeks ago.
Per Keim, we were not interested in any FA LB so I doubt any offers were made.

I addressed all of your questions in my first post.

So yes to hauling in Conklin, Martinez, and Jarwin. This would have eaten up more than 32 million, while cutting Moses would have ate up another 3.8 million out of the 43 million in space we had, which means you would not have signed Fuller.

You never said what you would have done with Scherff.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So yes to hauling in Conklin, Martinez, and Jarwin. This would have eaten up more than 32 million, while cutting Moses would have ate up another 3.8 million out of the 43 million in space we had, which means you would not have signed Fuller.

I would have let him walk. He cannot stay healthy and does not want to be here. Unless we had a creative way in which we could have traded him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not
So what would we have done at guard?
As I posted, I would have signed Glasgow and then had Martin or a 3rd round pick take the other Guard spot.

I wish Scherff wanted to be here or would work more with our FO but I think he wants to move on. I also wish he was more healthy.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also outlined how we would have had to close to 100 million in CAP with cuts and trades.