• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL Salary Cap expected 2 B 196.8M - 201.2M

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Way too early for this thread but we all pretty much know where this team is headed

Salary cap expected to increase at least $8M in 2020

Business is good in the NFL.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported the league informed clubs Tuesday it is projecting the 2020 salary cap to again increase, this time into the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million. The increase would be more than $8 million from the current cap of $188.2 million.

Salaries continue to rise across key positions, with each year bringing new names to "highest paid" in his role. The Philadelphia Eagles made guard Brandon Brooks and tackle Lane Johnson the highest paid at their respective positions with contract extensions agreed to during this campaign alone.

Quarterback remains the highest-paid position in the league, with Russell Wilson earning an average annual salary of $35 million, per Over The Cap. The increase in cap will set the stage for an offseason that should welcome at least one new massive contract for a quarterback: Dallas' Dak Prescott.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit Lions will be more than $44 million under new salary cap in 2020

The salary cap is on the rise once again for 2020, this time surging to between $196.8 million and $201.2 million per team according to NFL Network. The cap is currently at $188.2 million.

Detroit currently has $168 million already committed to player contracts for 2020, plus has another $4.5 million in dead money, most of which is due to the trade of former safety Quandre Diggs ($3.6 million). The club is also still on the hook for Teez Tabor ($411,000), Michael Roberts ($150,000) and Travis Fulgham ($135,000).

But the Lions will also carry over nearly $20 million in unused cap space from this season.

Doing the math, the team currently projects to have between $44.3 million and $53.2 million in cap space. But that’s before a whole lot of moves to come., including the usual postseason cuts, in-house extensions and of course the signing of the draft class.

Detroit Lions Salary Cap | Over the Cap

NFL Draft Resources and Contract Estimates NFL 2020 current draft status

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions mailbag, Part 1: Patricia moves team backward; 2020 defensive outlook

► Q: How many new starters do you expect on the offensive line next season? — @BigBitingPig

► A: At least one, maybe two. Taylor Decker and Frank Ragnow are near locks, while Joe Dahl has performed well enough at a bargain price that he probably sticks in his role next season.

At the other two spots, I'm still leaning toward my belief Graham Glasgow won't be re-signed. I don't know if it's the scheme or concerns about the cost, but they haven't shown any commitment to keeping him in the fold. And at right tackle, Rick Wagner is primed for replacement if the the team can find a better option in the draft. And it's not even outlandish to suggest they might be more confident in Tyrell Crosby going forward.

Wagner hasn't been good this season and it would be difficult to justify an $11.9 million cap hit in 2020. Moving on would free up $6.1 million in space.

BB_72: ugh, on the possibility of not re-signing Glasgow but as I've stated maybe BQ had some talks with his agent already and Glasgow wants to see what type of offers are available on the FA market and quite possibly more importantly is a winning team that is more aligned to getting to the playoffs (plus the money factored into moving on to a playoff caliber team, idk.)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions mailbag, Part 1: Patricia moves team backward; 2020 defensive outlook

► Q: The Lions defense seems to have few strengths. How much roster turnover will there be on that side of the ball this offseason? — @MiusFlint

► A: There's typically a hefty amount of turnover on NFL rosters from year to year — in the ballpark of 30 percent. The Lions currently have 36 players under contract for 2020, while some of those will likely be cut, and a few of the free agents will be retained.

Looking specifically at the defense, there are several pieces that aren't likely to change next season. Trey Flowers, Da'Shawn Hand, Devon Kennard, Justin Coleman, Jarrad Davis, Christian Jones, Jahlani Tavai, Tracy Walker and Will Harris should be back and have similar roles. You also have young, cheap options like Amani Oruwariye and Austin Bryant who will compete for playing time next offseason.

The biggest question marks are what the Lions will do with Darius Slay and Damon Harrison. Slay continues to be one of the NFL's best corners, but there's been a pretty clear disconnect between him and the team this year, starting with his mini holdout during the offseason program and extending to his public venting after the Diggs trade. No one should be surprised if the team deals him this offseason.

As for Harrison, he wasn't the same player this year, even after he was awarded the contract extension he sought. He has an $11.75 million cap hit in 2020, but only $5 million in dead money. That's another big name who could be on the move if a viable alternative comes available.

BB_72: my "SportsHoopla"money (which there won't be any by the time this happens) is on Slay being traded and if they sign another DT this offseason then Snacks will be gone too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we let Suh go.

:crazy:

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh would make a nice role player. I would take him back. He is not a top DT and tailed off greatly after he left here.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suh would make a nice role player. I would take him back. He is not a top DT and tailed off greatly after he left here.

Because I remembered and also bored, there is no defensive player in this decade who has played as high % number of defensive snaps as Suh has. it's not even close. Fletcher Cox would be next and your talking about DT's for the most part. Suh now plays mostly as a 5/6 tech but that's an extremely high % number for a huge guy like him. not to mention his ST % of snaps on top of that.

Capture.PNG-2.PNG

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck Suh.
Guy is a money whore who could care less about winning or losing.
He has played for literally the three worst teams ever for higher paychecks.
DET, MIA and TB.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Suh.
Guy is a money whore who could care less about winning or losing.
He has played for literally the three worst teams ever for higher paychecks.
DET, MIA and TB.

We are all money whores. Football is a business. I dont hold any ill will toward him. Miami was dumb enough to pay a DT 20+ when even most QBs were not making that much. Good for Suh, bad for Miami.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is an easy guy to not like...I'm not real fond of him, but I can't blame him for taking the money wherever he's gone.

I didn't understand TB actually...they released Gerald McCoy then sign Suh for roughly the same money they were going to pay McCoy. Not sure what they were expecting from that..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh is an easy guy to not like...I'm not real fond of him, but I can't blame him for taking the money wherever he's gone.

I didn't understand TB actually...they released Gerald McCoy then sign Suh for roughly the same money they were going to pay McCoy. Not sure what they were expecting from that..
Yep. Way too early for this thread but we all pretty much know where this team is headed

Salary cap expected to increase at least $8M in 2020

Business is good in the NFL.

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported the league informed clubs Tuesday it is projecting the 2020 salary cap to again increase, this time into the range of $196.8 million to $201.2 million. The increase would be more than $8 million from the current cap of $188.2 million.

Salaries continue to rise across key positions, with each year bringing new names to "highest paid" in his role. The Philadelphia Eagles made guard Brandon Brooks and tackle Lane Johnson the highest paid at their respective positions with contract extensions agreed to during this campaign alone.

Quarterback remains the highest-paid position in the league, with Russell Wilson earning an average annual salary of $35 million, per Over The Cap. The increase in cap will set the stage for an offseason that should welcome at least one new massive contract for a quarterback: Dallas' Dak Prescott.

The dispersion of the cap money in the NFL is growing more and more in favor of the haves and less for the have nots. The top players at each position will keep pushing the contracts higher and higher, but that only means teams will be forced to lean on rookie contract players more and more and less on mid level vets.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had that guy on my fantasy team last year. He was insanely productive.

If he's that good in FF then it's a poor choice for this team. My bad for even bringing his name up.