• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NFL COACHES DEAD POOL

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Kind of but not really.

Zimmer is a good, not great, coach. Spielman is a good, not great GM.

Together they are just good enough to field an above average team. Which means when they are bad, they usually arent bad enough to draft early and hit on a generational player. And when they are good, they aren't good enough to win more than 1 playoff game.

It's tough. Do you take a chance and fire two solid guys in hopes of finding "the guy who will put your over the top". Because if you do that you also risk having a guy that can bury the franchise in years of bad years too.

I really don't know the answer to that. Part of me thinks that you keep solid GM and coaches hired because it is the players not the front office guys that make the team. But then you look at a team like the Pat's. So maybe coaching and GM ability is more important than players. It really is a damned if you don't but likely damned if you do situation either way.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of but not really.

Together they are just good enough to field an above average team. Which means when they are bad, they usually arent bad enough to draft early and hit on a generational player. And when they are good, they aren't good enough to win more than 1 playoff game.

It's tough. Do you take a chance and fire two solid guys in hopes of finding "the guy who will put your over the top". Because if you do that you also risk having a guy that can bury the franchise in years of bad years too.
These decisions are why the Vikings have never been to the SB since the 70's.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn, Gase, Zimmer, O'Brien and Pederson should all be getting pink slips soon.

Gase shouldn't have been hire.

Zim will at very least get rest of the year.

I wouldn't he hugely surprised if Zim/Spielman are fired, but I don't think it's a lock

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of but not really.

I really don't know the answer to that. Part of me thinks that you keep solid GM and coaches hired because it is the players not the front office guys that make the team. But then you look at a team like the Pat's. So maybe coaching and GM ability is more important than players. It really is a damned if you don't but likely damned if you do situation either way.

Pretty much nailed it.

I think it's time for new GM and you got let them find their new coach (I prefer Bienemy). Rick has failed at finding QB's since his days going back to Dolphins. Might be time to let someone else chose

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,138.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of joe judges future? Personally I think it’s pretty bleak unless they turn it around soon. Though they did look much better yesterday it wasn’t good enough. And when you QB is your leading rusher that just spells bad news. They also can’t protect Jones. Seems he’s always in a hurry back there. And they are only averaging about 9 points a games won’t get the job done. Where do they do from here?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of joe judges future? Personally I think it’s pretty bleak unless they turn it around soon. Though they did look much better yesterday it wasn’t good enough. And when you QB is your leading rusher that just spells bad news. They also can’t protect Jones. Seems he’s always in a hurry back there. And they are only averaging about 9 points a games won’t get the job done. Where do they do from here?
Judge isn't really to blame for the state of their roster. If he gets canned, it'll probably be a package deal and Gettleman leaves with him.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the winner is

Texans fired coach and GM Bill O'Brien. :suds:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
freddie mercury queen GIF

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggressive incompetence demands that we start this NFL Coaches Dead pool even before the end of week 2.

Who among the pantheon of worthy coaches will get fired first?

Dominating performances by Matt Patricia and Dan Quinn are the envy of the league.

So far I have:

1. Matt Patricia Lions <------- MFer won't last the season
2. Dan Quinn Falcons Teach the players to pick up the damn ball
3. Adam Gase Jets
4. Doug Marrone Jaguars
5. Doug Pederson Eagles (What have you done for us lately?)

Agree? Disagree?

Discuss. What did I miss?
Bill O'Brien was just fired.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'Brien Takes the top spot.

If ATL loses tonight, I'm thinking that Dan Quinn gets fired tomorrow.

How does Matt Patricia still have a job?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we have betting on the next coach fired?

Toss-up among Gase, Patricia and Quinn.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured whoever lost that Vikes/ Texans tilt was doomed. It was just a matter of when. Zimmer likely saved his job until the end of the season but he has to go at some point, imo. Especially if they miss the play-offs.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we have betting on the next coach fired?

Toss-up among Gase, Patricia and Quinn.
I'm guessing Quinn. It's not just losing but the way they are doing it. Blank has to be thinking of pulling the pin. Gase will get the " no talent " excuse and the Lions will wait til the end of the season, I think.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Quinn. It's not just losing but the way they are doing it. Blank has to be thinking of pulling the pin. Gase will get the " no talent " excuse and the Lions will wait til the end of the season, I think.
The defensive guru who helped build the Legion of Boom can't hold a 17-point lead in the 4th quarter. He just hasn't been able to put it together on D there. ATL's offense has been fine.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defensive guru who helped build the Legion of Boom can't hold a 17-point lead in the 4th quarter. He just hasn't been able to put it together on D there. ATL's offense has been fine.
Exactly, but I think he is grossly over rated because of the Seattle days. That was more Pete's doing, imo. It was about finding the right guys and P.C and Schneider did that.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jets keep Gase as he is their best chance to deliver the #1 pick. Maybe can the GM. BTW, the Panthers say thanks for releasing Robbie Anderson