• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Offseason

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spo is arguably the best coach in the league right now. Yeah yeah Pop but he is getting really old.

Heat fans should be pretty excited about the upcoming season. I like watching them. Well except for Duncan Robinson. Never be a fan of that kid.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t think many would have had Butler in their top 15s last summer. PG was in a lot of top 10s.

Going through a few top 100 rankings from last year.

Bleacher Report- Butler 9 and George 16
SI- Butler 11 and George 9
CBS- Butler 14 and George 8
ESPN- Butler 21 and George 10

Butler was a lock in the top 15 except for in ESPN rankings

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going through a few top 100 rankings from last year.

Bleacher Report- Butler 9 and George 16
SI- Butler 11 and George 9
CBS- Butler 14 and George 8
ESPN- Butler 21 and George 10

Butler was a lock in the top 15 except for in ESPN rankings

That bleacher report looks like this season. That ranking makes no sense based on what happened in the court in 2019.

Point being, perception of those 2 players has changed significantly over the course of 1 season.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My daughter thinks Tyler Herro is cute so there's that.
wwe raw GIF

lol, you want scary? MY daughter was into THIS clown when she was younger...

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But his value was in question because of the asshole rep and his relatively limited role in Philly.

Don’t think many would have had Butler in their top 15s last summer. PG was in a lot of top 10s.

Recency bias tends to impact our perception of value. The reality is, there are probably quite a few rosters out there where George would make a better fit than Butler. I think Butler thrives as the clear cut leader/best player. George might be the opposite.

I can accept that argument, just wanted to point out the differences between the two. Personally, if a guy has an asshole rep, in the right franchise, he could flourish. With PG, it's now a performance issue, that's much more difficult to account for.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA rigged the lottery so Zion would end up in New Orleans? Just kidding. There's been years when the lottery was rigged- '85 & '03 come to mind. But I don't think it's rigged every year.
I personally think it's only rigged when the NBA stands to make money for a generational talent going to a certain team. For Lebron, it made sense to have him be drafted by the Cavs. It shaped a narrative that the NBA made millions on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think it's only rigged when the NBA stands to make money for a generational talent going to a certain team. For Lebron, it made sense to have him be drafted by the Cavs. It shaped a narrative that the NBA made millions on.

Exactly. No way it's rigged all the time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. No way it's rigged all the time.

It's not rigged at all. The number of people who would have to be involved AND keep their mouths shut makes it impossible. If owners, etc. suspected that anything was rigged they would be raising all kinds of hell. Shit, look how they reacted when the Lakers tried to trade for CP3 and that was a legit, legal trade.

Rigging the draft so that Lebron ended up in Cleveland would not have set well with other owners who would have liked to draft him and they'd be raising all kinds of hell.

If nothing else, some disgruntled employee or someone looking to make money for "exposing the conspiracy" would come forward or been tracked down by some reporter looking for a career making story.

I know people love conspiracy theories and it's certainly easier to blame the league for "rigging things" than it is to just accept that some franchises don't handle drafts/FA/trades very well or didn't play well enough to win a playoff series.

If a league tried that, it would basically be the end of that league, especially the NBA which people like to bash on as it is.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not rigged at all. The number of people who would have to be involved AND keep their mouths shut makes it impossible. If owners, etc. suspected that anything was rigged they would be raising all kinds of hell. Shit, look how they reacted when the Lakers tried to trade for CP3 and that was a legit, legal trade.

Rigging the draft so that Lebron ended up in Cleveland would not have set well with other owners who would have liked to draft him and they'd be bitching all over the place about it.

If nothing else, some disgruntled employee or someone looking to make money for "exposing the conspiracy" would come forward or been tracked down by some reporter looking for a career making story.

I know people love conspiracy theories and it's certainly easier to blame the league for "rigging things" than it is to just accept that some franchises don't handle drafts/FA/trades very well or didn't play well enough to win a playoff series.

If a league tried that, it would basically be the end of that league, especially the NBA which people like to bash on as it is.
+1