• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Draft

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of the trades proposed above, Embiid and Beal would be the desired targets.

Wiggins, regardless of what you think his fit on the team might be, the intention of him playing with the Warriors is he's going to be that 3rd scorer. Right now the Warriors don't have any reliable scorers outside of Steph and Klay, so if they're trading Wiggins, they need someone back who they can rely on to get buckets.

Beal next to Steph and Klay? That'd be ridiculous. Especially with Beal's play making ability and being able to let him run the offense while Steph and Klay take turns running off screens would be a nightmare. Defensively they'd lose a little, mostly because Klay will now be tasked with guarding some of the bigger 3's in the league in that scenario. But damn that would be some fun basketball to watch.

Embiid would be a no-brainer. And the Warriors run the perfect system for him because Kerr, for whatever reason, runs a frustrating amount of backscreens for centers using Steph as the screen setter, LOL. Embiid could set up shop down low and would likely face single coverage because of the shooters around him. It'd be what the Warriors were envisioning when they had Boogie.

I think Beal is the most realistic option and I think it would be a perfect fit. Obviously, Joel would be the most ideal option but I don't think it's realistic.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it 125% of salary in a tax trade? Wiggy is about 30 million and Blake is 36. That would be 120

Edit:. Jesus that griffin contract isn't on its final year yet what in the fuck.

Nice job @Mecca

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi Saw some potential trade targets for GS. What do you think?

Steven Adams & Bazley For Wiggins & #2

Embiid for Wiggins, Paschall, #2 and 2022 1st (yeah right)

Giannis for Klay, #2, 2022 1st and 2024 1st (yeah right)

Beal for Wiggins, Paschall, #2, 2022 1st and 2024 1st

Of those listed, Beal trade is the only one that makes sense.

Obviously if you can get Giannis, but Klay is not going anywhere.

I just totally disagree with the idea that the Warriors improve by getting a big center.

Unless they are getting an athletic Adebayo type big, they need to stick with Wiseman/Toppin.

Embiid’s game does not fit at all with Curry and Klay.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of those listed, Beal trade is the only one that makes sense.

Obviously if you can get Giannis, but Klay is not going anywhere.

I just totally disagree with the idea that the Warriors improve by getting a big center.

Unless they are getting an athletic Adebayo type big, they need to stick with Wiseman/Toppin.

Embiid’s game does not fit at all with Curry and Klay.

you throw the minny pick in nedt year to swap from klay to green.

maybe you keep the late pick.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxson is searching for the best Jr/sr from a big program to tell AK he needs

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick | Cavaliers Nation

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88

“According to league sources, the Cavaliers are fairly comfortable with selecting between Isaac Okoro, Devin Vassell or Deni Avdija with the fifth overall pick,” Dammarell wrote. “All three of those players make perfect sense for the team as well. The Cavaliers have a dire need for depth on the perimeter and the defensive potential Okoro and Vassell provide is invaluable. But, those same sources also shared that Cleveland is open to trading the pick as well – just as long as it brings back a player that can contribute immediately to the team’s aspirations next season.”

Honestly, I'm now hoping the Cavs select this Devin Vassell kid. He just turned 20. He is an exceptional shooter. I've heard his defense is underrated and continues to improve. Could possibly be a 3-D wing player that can score. Okoro is also nice but this Vassell kid is still a very good defender and has a NBA ready shot. The scouting report reminds me of Klay. Nothing exciting about Avdija, I think he might be a better version of Osman but who knows.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Cavs Looking at These 3 Players With No. 5 Overall Pick | Cavaliers Nation

@WiggyRuss @dtgold88

“According to league sources, the Cavaliers are fairly comfortable with selecting between Isaac Okoro, Devin Vassell or Deni Avdija with the fifth overall pick,” Dammarell wrote. “All three of those players make perfect sense for the team as well. The Cavaliers have a dire need for depth on the perimeter and the defensive potential Okoro and Vassell provide is invaluable. But, those same sources also shared that Cleveland is open to trading the pick as well – just as long as it brings back a player that can contribute immediately to the team’s aspirations next season.”

Honestly, I'm now hoping the Cavs select this Devin Vassell kid. He just turned 20. He is an exceptional shooter. I've heard his defense is underrated and continues to improve. Could possibly be a 3-D wing player that can score. Okoro is also nice but this Vassell kid is still a very good defender and has a NBA ready shot. The scouting report reminds me of Klay. Nothing exciting about Avdija, I think he might be a better version of Osman but who knows.

LOL.

What exactly are their “aspirations next season”?

That is hilarious.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

That is hilarious.
have a better win % than the Browns.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

That is hilarious.
If this is the Q/A I saw he added their aspirations were compete for playoff spot...not sure why so hilarious but whatever.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is the Q/A I saw he added their aspirations were compete for playoff spot...not sure why so hilarious but whatever.

you can have Gordon Hayward for #1......

that will get you more wins.

Obviously a win/win for everyone involved. Including the player getting picked at 1-1.........

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because “competing for a playoff spot” isn’t a good goal if you are making short term moves to get there.

Which it sounds like the Cavs might be looking to do.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because “competing for a playoff spot” isn’t a good goal if you are making short term moves to get there.

Which it sounds like the Cavs might be looking to do.

Well for an organization like the Cavs right now...you just don't come and say, "we are looking to improve obviously but no our goal is not to compete for the playoffs".

A realistic goal is to improve dramatically from the 18 wins, develop and get experience for the young talent and make moves to put themselves in position to make the playoffs. In position, being the keyword. You know about 40-50 games if those are attainable goals for the most part and their focus then can switch to something realistic and then of course the draft.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for an organization like the Cavs right now...you just don't come and say, "we are looking to improve obviously but no our goal is not to compete for the playoffs".

A realistic goal is to improve dramatically from the 18 wins, develop and get experience for the young talent and make moves to put themselves in position to make the playoffs. In position, being the keyword. You know about 40-50 games if those are attainable goals for the most part and their focus then can switch to something realistic and then of course the draft.

Sure.

But you also compete for that playoff spot by developing young players and adding complementary pieces.

You don’t do it by trading a lotto pick for a vet who can help you get a few more wins today.

And I know this with absolute certainty because that is what the Wizards have done for most of the past 40 years.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But you also compete for that playoff spot by developing young players and adding complementary pieces.

You don’t do it by trading a lotto pick for a vet who can help you get a few more wins today.

And I know this with absolute certainty because that is what the Wizards have done for most of the past 40 years.

I realistically don't think they will trade this but keeping all options open are always good. I trust Gilbert and Altman...even if they were to trade, they wouldn't get much for it so yeah it doesn't make sense.