• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Draft

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it was a wide open, easy shot, had to take it. lol

Seriously though, it's going to be interesting with LaMelo, imo.

I haven't seen any highlights, but from what I've read, he might be really good. I've seen him projected as high as #2. Don't think anyone has him outside the top 10.

On the other hand, while Lonzo has been a lot better than he gets credit for, he hasn't lived up to his draft position either. Combine that with the possibility of having to deal with Lavar...teams may wonder if it's too big a risk.
Lavar definitely plays a huge role and what they see as his influence over this son.

If a huge influence I could definitely see Lamelo being the first to not sign a long deal after his rookie deal expires. Maybe a 1 year deal to be a UFA after 5 years.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavar definitely plays a huge role and what they see as his influence over this son.

If a huge influence I could definitely see Lamelo being the first to not sign a long deal after his rookie deal expires. Maybe a 1 year deal to be a UFA after 5 years.
I pray you don't take him.

You already have one too many young guards who thinks he should be a starter.

His father whispering in his ear and blatantly undermining the coaches and the players in the press would be a nightmare, especially when it looked like your 3 headed backcourt was really turning the corner before the pandemic.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch any highlights until about a couple weeks ago, hard to tell with the lack of competition but in a way his game does kind of imitate Steph.

He seems to be a great finisher, can use both hands very well.
He is a skilled passer.
Very quick from what I see on his highlights.

Only thing is his shot selection and obviously he needs to improve dramatically as a shooter. He seems like the type that as of right now he is a very streaky shooter, still only 19 though. At this point though his development looks pretty damn good for a 19 year old especially his vision and ability to finish with both hands. I was impressed.

And he is growing, still might be growing lol. 6'8" and lanky, kinda crazy how fast he grew 12"

I don't hate Lamelo as a prospect in this draft. I just don't like him for the Warriors. He's definitely skilled. He reminds me of a bit of a taller Rubio. He's crafty, he works well in tight spaces, has good handle and good passing. The problem is always going to be his shooting and shot selection. The thing also that I don't like the most about him, is that he's a pretty poor defender. Rubio, Simmons, Livingston were all very good to great defenders. Ball is nowhere near that level and doesn't even show signs of really being a capable defender. Maybe in time, but who knows. Lonzo has turned into an excellent defender so maybe somewhere deep down there's a version of Melo that has it in him too.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pray you don't take him.

You already have one too many young guards who thinks he should be a starter.

His father whispering in his ear and blatantly undermining the coaches and the players in the press would be a nightmare, especially when it looked like your 3 headed backcourt was really turning the corner before the pandemic.

To be honest the Cavs have like duplicates of almost every top prospect in this draft:

Edwards - 6'5" Athletic scoring wing: Kevin Porter Jr.
Toppin - 6'9" Super athletic power forward: Nance Jr.
Wiseman - Athletic rim protector and finisher: Drummond
Avdija - Combo forward with ball skills: Osman
Hayes: Exum
Nesmith: Windler
Anthony: Sexton
Haliburton: Garland

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna see all three of the Ball boys in the Association. Why? I want them all on one team & Lavar could be the coach. And only one team has the glitz & glamour for this family, the Purple 'n Gold of course. big-baller-better-holler

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Lamelo as a prospect in this draft. I just don't like him for the Warriors. He's definitely skilled. He reminds me of a bit of a taller Rubio. He's crafty, he works well in tight spaces, has good handle and good passing. The problem is always going to be his shooting and shot selection. The thing also that I don't like the most about him, is that he's a pretty poor defender. Rubio, Simmons, Livingston were all very good to great defenders. Ball is nowhere near that level and doesn't even show signs of really being a capable defender. Maybe in time, but who knows. Lonzo has turned into an excellent defender so maybe somewhere deep down there's a version of Melo that has it in him too.

Yeah another reason he shouldn't be a top of the board for the Cavs. They need two-way guys or at least that shows signs of trying to play defense.

I wouldn't say Toppin is a great defender but he has the length and athleticism to be that guy and you see flashes of it. He is still #1 on my board.

Gotta consider Edwards bc of his athleticism but so many guards on the Cavs, idk.

I don't see a ton of options for CLE with all these PG high on the board, they do need a backup PG but you don't draft for a backup with a possibly top 3 pick.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest the Cavs have like duplicates of almost every top prospect in this draft:

Probably true. Though I expect to see Nance get a good amount of time at SF depending what they do in the offseason.

I still say other than an undersized guard go BPA.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably true. Though I expect to see Nance get a good amount of time at SF depending what they do in the offseason.

I still say other than an undersized guard go BPA.

Always gotta go BPA with a top 5 pick, unless it's a rare circumstance (see Warriors). This draft as I said before this draft is unique in that there are no consensus top propects, so teams might draft along fit lines instead of just BPA because the margins between the BPA is really narrow.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah it's frustrating but I think Toppin can be a more talented version of Nance.

If KPJ and/or Sexton is the future, Edwards doesn't make sense.
Wiseman? Why draft him if they haven't given Drummond a fair chance and/or decide to sign him long-term.
Avdija seems more of a fit pick rather than ceiling pick but hard to tell with foreign players at times.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always gotta go BPA with a top 5 pick, unless it's a rare circumstance (see Warriors). This draft as I said before this draft is unique in that there are no consensus top propects, so teams might draft along fit lines instead of just BPA because the margins between the BPA is really narrow.

Agree that's why I think fit at the top can mean more than we usually see in a draft...no clear cut prospect at #1, really at the top in general

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly....now if they get the chance to see Toppin in person and he just wows them (and he is close enough on their board to a guard they also like)? OK...draft for need.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's frustrating but I think Toppin can be a more talented version of Nance.

If KPJ and/or Sexton is the future, Edwards doesn't make sense.
Wiseman? Why draft him if they haven't given Drummond a fair chance and/or decide to sign him long-term.
Avdija seems more of a fit pick rather than ceiling pick but hard to tell with foreign players at times.
as to Q on wiseman the reason they'd take him is no way they will know if they can keep Drummond (not just our choice, it's his, too) and because they'd have Wiseman at probably 1/3rd the price on a rookie deal for at least 4 years.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as to Q on wiseman the reason they'd take him is no way they will know if they can keep Drummond (not just our choice, it's his, too) and because they'd have Wiseman at probably 1/3rd the price on a rookie deal for at least 4 years.

Just go BPA if you're the Cavs imo

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree. Only way I stray if it is just so close of a call where they might choose need instead. But not like anyone in this draft will ever make the cavs a title contender again...at least doesn't look like they will.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope that THEIR top guy is Toppin bc I don't see a clear cut guy to this point. But I will point out, with all the Cavs luck previously getting top picks I expect them to fall to 5 lol