• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Draft

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2016 draft wasn't horrible.

Simmons, Hield, and Murray played up to their standards. Ingram and Brown are starting to now and that's 5 of the top 10. Sabonis who got selected 11th is damn good. Mid-late 1st round you had Levert, Siakam, and Murray (Spurs). 2nd round was pretty bad though outside of Brogdon

Most drafts end up decent. It’s just a matter of where you find them.

2016 had a clump of like 6-7 guys after Simmons and Ingram, and there is no Simmons or Ingram in their class.

But the odds are someone is. We just don’t know who yet.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what?

I honestly wouldn’t be that surprised.

1st round pick for Kevin Love to play TE for the Texans.
I think we could get two 1sts if we just stood firm.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toppin is a really good option, but I'm not sure what direction the Warriors are going. This pick is going to be more of a luxury pick than most. I can talk myself into many of the top guys in this draft, aside from Lamelo. Initially I wanted Wiseman, shifted to Edwards then Toppin. Avdija is a great option if the Warriors slip a few picks. Rumor is the Warriors like Haliburton a lot, but that could always just be a smoke screen so a team might not trade up in front of the Warriors for someone they're looking for. Nesmith looks like a good player too, but he's not worth a top 5 pick, even in this draft.

This is a total crapshoot. In the past I had a least an idea of generally who I would want the Warriors to draft. But this year is wide open.

I'm liking Edward's right now. 18 years old and already 6'5" 220 lbs, can handle the ball, good scorer, explosive, and looks to have good defensive potential.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm liking Edward's right now. 18 years old and already 6'5" 220 lbs, can handle the ball, good scorer, explosive, and looks to have good defensive potential.

I'm curious about his actual measurements.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toppin is a perfect fit for what the Cavs need, also think he could possibly be the best in this class as well.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Toppin is a perfect fit for what the Cavs need, also think he could possibly be the best in this class as well.
I'd really think Edwards was a no-brainer if he shot better. They all seem to have flaws.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd really think Edwards was a no-brainer if he shot better. They all seem to have flaws.

A no-brainer for any team other than the Cavs lol. Sexton and Porter Jr. are playing the 2. At this point, they just don't need another guard especially if Sexton is a long-term piece.

Only way I see it. If Sexton is the 6th man and KPJ either comes off the bench or plays an undersized 3...that would make the 1, 2 and 3 players all undersized...idk about that

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A no-brainer for any team other than the Cavs lol. Sexton and Porter Jr. are playing the 2. At this point, they just don't need another guard especially if Sexton is a long-term piece.

Only way I see it. If Sexton is the 6th man and KPJ either comes off the bench or plays an undersized 3...that would make the 1, 2 and 3 players all undersized...idk about that
Cavs should take BPA.....unless he's an undersized guard.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs should take BPA.....unless he's an undersized guard.

I hear his athleticism is off the charts BUT he is still 6'5". Same height as KPJ...actually KPG is 6'4". If his measures come back higher...great. If they come out to be 6'4", meh.

So if they took Edwards they would have:

Garland 6'1"
Sexton 6'1" but at this point not a true PG
KPJ 6'4"
Edwards 6'5"

When they are lacking at the wing. If you think Edwards is that MUCH BETTER than Ball or Toppin who can play the wing...than sure but I'm not convinced he is...so I don't agree with BPA. They drafted BPA the last two years, it time to try to form a team even if they aren't contending.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear his athleticism is off the charts BUT he is still 6'5". Same height as KPJ...actually KPG is 6'4". If his measures come back higher...great. If they come out to be 6'4", meh.

So if they took Edwards they would have:

Garland 6'1"
Sexton 6'1" but at this point not a true PG
KPJ 6'4"
Edwards 6'5"

When they are lacking at the wing. If you think Edwards is that MUCH BETTER than Ball or Toppin who can play the wing...than sure but I'm not convinced he is...so I don't agree with BPA. They drafted BPA the last two years, it time to try to form a team even if they aren't contending.
Of course it depends how much better they think he is than Toppin or Ball. If it's a near coin flip? Then sure, go by need.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to draft LaMelo...

Which means they'll probably draft LiAngelo. :heh:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind the pick tbh...LaMelo, not LiAngelo lol. Melo wouldn't be my first option though.

Sorry, it was a wide open, easy shot, had to take it. lol

Seriously though, it's going to be interesting with LaMelo, imo.

I haven't seen any highlights, but from what I've read, he might be really good. I've seen him projected as high as #2. Don't think anyone has him outside the top 10.

On the other hand, while Lonzo has been a lot better than he gets credit for, he hasn't lived up to his draft position either. Combine that with the possibility of having to deal with Lavar...teams may wonder if it's too big a risk.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, it was a wide open, easy shot, had to take it. lol

Seriously though, it's going to be interesting with LaMelo, imo.

I haven't seen any highlights, but from what I've read, he might be really good. I've seen him projected as high as #2. Don't think anyone has him outside the top 10.

On the other hand, while Lonzo has been a lot better than he gets credit for, he hasn't lived up to his draft position either. Combine that with the possibility of having to deal with Lavar...teams may wonder if it's too big a risk.

I didn't watch any highlights until about a couple weeks ago, hard to tell with the lack of competition but in a way his game does kind of imitate Steph.

He seems to be a great finisher, can use both hands very well.
He is a skilled passer.
Very quick from what I see on his highlights.

Only thing is his shot selection and obviously he needs to improve dramatically as a shooter. He seems like the type that as of right now he is a very streaky shooter, still only 19 though. At this point though his development looks pretty damn good for a 19 year old especially his vision and ability to finish with both hands. I was impressed.

And he is growing, still might be growing lol. 6'8" and lanky, kinda crazy how fast he grew 12"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch any highlights until about a couple weeks ago, hard to tell with the lack of competition but in a way his game does kind of imitate Steph.

He seems to be a great finisher, can use both hands very well.
He is a skilled passer.
Very quick from what I see on his highlights.

Only thing is his shot selection and obviously he needs to improve dramatically as a shooter. He seems like the type that as of right now he is a very streaky shooter, still only 19 though. At this point though his development looks pretty damn good for a 19 year old especially his vision and ability to finish with both hands. I was impressed.

And he is growing, still might be growing lol. 6'8" and lanky, kinda crazy how fast he grew 12"

I'm gonna have to check out some highlights.

I read a composite on him. Said he's very smooth, but not explosive. The comparison was Shaun Livingston.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna have to check out some highlights.

I read a composite on him. Said he's very smooth, but not explosive. The comparison was Shaun Livingston.

Yeah hard to tell with competition how quick he actually is.