• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 NBA Draft

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have said LaMelo Ball was the best player in this draft. But in today's NBA I now have my doubts.

He's a great passer, but Ricky Rubio is IMO the best passer in the NBA (and a GREAT defender) and teams pass him around like mashed potatoes.

Not sure why but passing isn't as coveted as it used to be...

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t know why people are killing the 7ers today.

They dumped Al Horford and acquired shooting. Danny Green is basically a better fit version of what Josh Richardson was supposed to be and Curry is a good player with a nice skill set.

Still a lot of issues to work out, but I am going to go out on a limb and say they will be significantly better in 2021 than they were last year.

Not sure they makes them a contender in the East, but the main problem last year was fit, not talent. They addressed that, IMO.

Al Horford and 2 draft picks for Danny Green?

Are we talking about the same Danny Green?

How does the math work out there?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on Simmons imo if he doesn't grow as a player the whole thing doesn't pan. Green can still shoot, he still guards the best wing but I don't think his defense is what it was...that being said, still a very good defender. He could very well get flipped though.

I mean if we look at the team from when Jimmy Butler was here then of course it looks worse. Right now I can't tell with FA still but they lack a ton of size right now but they did get rid of that atrocious Horford so a win in itself.

Right now nothing more than a low seed playoff team imo. I still stand by what I said...include Simmons in a trade for Harden. The Rockets won't get offered a deal including a young player with higher potential than Simmons.

2019-2020
Simmons
Richardson
Harris
Horford
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Burks Thybulle, Neto

2020-2021 (so far)
Simmons
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Ferguson, Thybulle

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any AZ fans of college hoops fans know why Nico Mannion had such a huge fall in the draft from where he was projected earlier in the year. It seemed he was a mid lottery pick for a lot of the year and then all of a sudden he drops to 48 to the Warriors. I'm just curious if anyone has any insight to this.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any AZ fans of college hoops fans know why Nico Mannion had such a huge fall in the draft from where he was projected earlier in the year. It seemed he was a mid lottery pick for a lot of the year and then all of a sudden he drops to 48 to the Warriors. I'm just curious if anyone has any insight to this.

Was surprised he fell, sounds like most executives are as well. Didn't see him play much at Zona but sounds like staying another year probably would have been best for him.

"Mannion was a top recruit coming out of high school, but went from potential lottery pick to second-round steal after one disappointing season in Tucson. He has spent the past few months adding size to his frame and working on being a more consistent shooter."

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Horford and 2 draft picks for Danny Green?

Are we talking about the same Danny Green?

How does the math work out there?

Yeah.

You do realize Horford is a horrendous contract and Green is a quality role player who has won titles in 3 cities and is on an expiring deal

That was a great trade for Philly.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now watch.

OKC is going to feature Horford as a 2nd option. He will post good numbers and they will trick somebody into taking his contract next year as a not so bad contract like they did with CP3.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It all depends on Simmons imo if he doesn't grow as a player the whole thing doesn't pan. Green can still shoot, he still guards the best wing but I don't think his defense is what it was...that being said, still a very good defender. He could very well get flipped though.

I mean if we look at the team from when Jimmy Butler was here then of course it looks worse. Right now I can't tell with FA still but they lack a ton of size right now but they did get rid of that atrocious Horford so a win in itself.

Right now nothing more than a low seed playoff team imo. I still stand by what I said...include Simmons in a trade for Harden. The Rockets won't get offered a deal including a young player with higher potential than Simmons.

2019-2020
Simmons
Richardson
Harris
Horford
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Burks Thybulle, Neto

2020-2021 (so far)
Simmons
Curry
Green
Harris
Embiid

Bench: Milton, Ferguson, Thybulle

If Seth Curry comes anywhere near the efficiency of Redick........

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Seth Curry comes anywhere near the efficiency of Redick........

Definitely was a better much better fit than Richardson. Curry last year was imo the best shooter in the league.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely was a better much better fit than Richardson. Curry last year was imo the best shooter in the league.
He usually is.....

Oh wait you meant Seth? :heh: