• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 First Pick mock draft thread

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought its been pretty good so far.

I look at it as Stephon Diggs was Buffalo's frist round pick. Add in the rest and I think this draft is a solid b+ to A-. Without a first round option, this has gone much better than I thought it would have.

Fromm will be had at a great price and for that number, he can ride the bench. Josh is a madman at times so Buffalo needed a quality backup and they just got one. soemone that can do the job until concussion protocols are over.

The kicker was odd but after last year, there's a need to be addressed. I never heard of Bass, but the tapes of him are great.

Like the Diggs, Epenesa, Moss start.

Day 3...

Missed some LB in the 4th.
Fromm is fine. Good for the QB room and I think we missed out on a corner in a possible trade up that didn't happen.

Kicker has a boot. I'll take it.

The two WR are bad picks.

Hope to be proven wrong. But I'm sure they cannot do anything Foster and Duke cannot do. And neither are slot guys, so Beasley and McKenzie are safe. We need LB depth, not WR depth.

Love Beane and McDermott. Just saying, bland third day.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we got great value in AJ and Moss and Fromm. you almost have to pick them where they were. As far as the WR we still needed WR Diggs though has a great ability to get open he isnt a red zone guy. Davis and Hodgins are big WR with good and great hands. I like Duke and Foster but they have proven to be anything and if they continue to just with McK Brown and Diggs and Beasley all of our WR will be on the shorter side. I never like Hauska so if it gets rid of a high priced kicker im all for. I would have liked to see Oline and LB but we can find a gem in the UDA. Corner I think is the one real thing we missed out on beyond White there is no sure thing so I think we needed one. That being said there was a big run on them in the first and second round and people were reaching so I can see why they went with AJ. His talent is too much to pass on in the bottom of the second to reach on a CB just because you may need one.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like the Diggs, Epenesa, Moss start.

Day 3...

Missed some LB in the 4th.
Fromm is fine. Good for the QB room and I think we missed out on a corner in a possible trade up that didn't happen.

Kicker has a boot. I'll take it.

The two WR are bad picks.

Hope to be proven wrong. But I'm sure they cannot do anything Foster and Duke cannot do. And neither are slot guys, so Beasley and McKenzie are safe. We need LB depth, not WR depth.

Love Beane and McDermott. Just saying, bland third day.

My take on the receivers is similar to @David_son had said,

... they wanted someone that could go up and get the jump ball. Hodgins looks like that guy.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on the receivers is similar to @David_son had said,

... they wanted someone that could go up and get the jump ball. Hodgins looks like that guy.

We'll see. I believe he can't tie Duke's shoes in that department. And so did 31 other teams.

Not the point anyway. We actually need linebackers. Maybe Dye (Vikings picked him a few slots later than Davis) won't be good... maybe he's the another Milano we missed and need.

We shall see. Duke and Foster aren't going to just lie down though. Good to see a battle, but both already had fire in the belly.

Hope I'm wrong.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see. I believe he can't tie Duke's shoes in that department. And so did 31 other teams.

Not the point anyway. We actually need linebackers. Maybe Dye (Vikings picked him a few slots later than Davis) won't be good... maybe he's the another Milano we missed and need.

We shall see. Duke and Foster aren't going to just lie down though. Good to see a battle, but both already had fire in the belly.

Hope I'm wrong.

no, you were right about the need for LB's. I'm trying to make lemonade and sense of the WR picks.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, you were right about the need for LB's. I'm trying to make lemonade and sense of the WR picks.

I'm not sure I see a WR drafted that this staff has ever hit on.

Damn near 100% gems everywhere else though. I'll take that trade any day! WR is the easiest position to retool, imo.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bills had no immediate needs in the draft really, so it was largely BPA after day 2. Their DEs are a bit long in the tooth and they needed a running mate for Devin, so the 2nd and 3rd rounders were strong. After that, WTF? I did like the value they got with Hodgins and Jackson, but a backup QB? Drafting a kicker? I know very little about Gabriel Davis, but can support the WR pick in general. The Bills were quite vocal about getting receivers with steady hands (a bit of a shot at Foster and Duke, of the guys that are still around), and they definitely needed some size (and that was the strength of this draft).

I'm more hopeful about Norman than most, as he is better in a zone style than man, which he played most recently in Washington and struggled a bit. That said, I would've been much happier with CB, LB, or even a hybrid LB/S much sooner, especially over a QB or PK. Bass has a quick approach and a powerful leg, but he has limited history from 50+. That pick could've been Evan Weaver (even if he's a bit slow, he's been hugely productive at all levels so far). Fromm could've been several other linebackers, like Strnad or Martin, or a CB like Hand (with success in zone schemes), or even a WR like Coulter (who, along with Gandy-Golden and Peoples-Jones, I preferred to Davis, hopefully he surprises me).