• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 FF Bold Predictions

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a lot invested in Ruggs and Akers. And I left Evan's and Lamar Jackson in the table in a few deals.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a new offer with kittle. Gonna make a thread

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't fall for it. Lamar is a two pump chump

then I'm all on board for that second pump!

giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 pumps are better than getting tackled by the police. *shrug*

I guess you missed his rookie year. Obviously wasn't anything compared to what Lamar did last year but I'm not buying Lamar as what he is projected as the #1 QB.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed his rookie year. Obviously wasn't anything compared to what Lamar did last year but I'm not buying Lamar as what he is projected as the #1 QB.

If Ruggs is the centerpiece in the deal for Lamar, I'm selling Ruggs every day

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 QB behind Mahomes is still really really good, though. :nod:

With the offense built the way it is, and barring NFL defenses having gotten freakishly more athletic overnight, I don't see any reason why Lamar couldn't somewhat replicate his rushing stats from last year. He's also progressing as a passer, so while he may not have as many passing TDs as last year I'm confident that he won't be far off. He also missed 5 or so 4th quarters last year. If we can assume he doesn't do that again (might be a big assumption with the likes of the Jags and Redskins on the schedule), then I think the chances of him finishing top 2 at QB aren't that far-fetched.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#2 QB behind Mahomes is still really really good, though. :nod:

With the offense built the way it is, and barring NFL defenses having gotten freakishly more athletic overnight, I don't see any reason why Lamar couldn't somewhat replicate his rushing stats from last year. He's also progressing as a passer, so while he may not have as many passing TDs as last year I'm confident that he won't be far off. He also missed 5 or so 4th quarters last year. If we can assume he doesn't do that again (might be a big assumption with the likes of the Jags and Redskins on the schedule), then I think the chances of him finishing top 2 at QB aren't that far-fetched.

Of course it is but it's just his style we don't see QB last too long playing the way he does. Maybe we see him run less but I also have never seen a QB that fast and a smarter runner. We will see but I still don't see him being a top 3 QB...I also wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it is but it's just his style we don't see QB last too long playing the way he does. Maybe we see him run less but I also have never seen a QB that fast and a smarter runner. We will see but I still don't see him being a top 3 QB...I also wouldn't be surprised if I was wrong.

the rules of the game have changed so much though, these guys are protected at levels that we aren't accustomed to seeing now, so looking at past QBs with similar styles isn't that great of a comparison, imo.
And LJax seems to truly understand (at least so far) that the extra couple yards aren't worth the hit. Something that Cam never seemed to grasp, as he was always ready to be superman vs smartman.
Another thing is that Ravens completely changed their offensive style to incorporate LJax skill set. I think in the past, teams didn't deviate TOO much, and just gave their QBs with those types of skills a longer leash to extend plays and run when the pass play was broken.

same goes for the small/shifty WRs with unbridled speed. 15-20yrs ago, a safety would end their career. now the safety gets fined and suspended.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the rules of the game have changed so much though, these guys are protected at levels that we aren't accustomed to seeing now, so looking at past QBs with similar styles isn't that great of a comparison, imo.
And LJax seems to truly understand (at least so far) that the extra couple yards aren't worth the hit. Something that Cam never seemed to grasp, as he was always ready to be superman vs smartman.
Another thing is that Ravens completely changed their offensive style to incorporate LJax skill set. I think in the past, teams didn't deviate TOO much, and just gave their QBs with those types of skills a longer leash to extend plays and run when the pass play was broken.

same goes for the small/shifty WRs with unbridled speed. 15-20yrs ago, a safety would end their career. now the safety gets fined and suspended.
Theres truth to that, no doubt. And Lamar's running has virtually nothing in common with Cam's. But theres no getting around his ridiculously thin frame, and what is going to happen to it once he gets really squared up by some bad ass LB or S a few times..and it will happen, even if it results in a penalty and/or fine. Add those possibilities/probabilities to what would be typical QB hits in any style offense, onto that same frame..he's not gonna last too terribly long. Long enough to still be an excellent dynasty asset, but he's not going to have a ten year career doing what he does.

this is being overlooked by a lot of people imo

He actually played less than 87% of the snaps only three times. And its not like he missed out on any stats those three games...if he hadn't already gotten all the big numbers, they wouldn't have blown out the other teams, and he'd have played. I think its being overlooked, because its not really relevant

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HaroldSeattle @SteelersPride @Stomp

You guys are on Twitter, right?
Is there a way to track the number of posts from someone WITHOUT actually following them? Or is there a resource that does that?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is there a way to track the number of posts from someone WITHOUT actually following them? Or is there a resource that does that?
im on twitter, i dont really use it, i actually havent in a while, only really follow during football season.

Your just trying to see how often someone posts?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mostly just follow certain football related twitter users/ posters. Never post myself and really a novice on how to use twitter per say.