• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 FF Bold Predictions

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Kupp top 5 WR

Carson Wentz top 3 QB

Tom Brady top 3 QB

Jonathan Taylor top 5 RB

David Johnson top 5 RB

Ranked them in order of confidence.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooper Kupp top 5 WR

Carson Wentz top 3 QB

Tom Brady top 3 QB

Jonathan Taylor top 5 RB

David Johnson top 5 RB

Ranked them in order of confidence.
living up to Bold for sure ya just listed 2 top 3Qbs thus booting at least 2 of Watson jackson Mahomes out of the equation not to mention Wilson Brees and others....

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
living up to Bold for sure ya just listed 2 top 3Qbs thus booting at least 2 of Watson jackson Mahomes out of the equation not to mention Wilson Brees and others....
That's only if both predictions come true. In which case I'm a genius.

Either one could be top 3 independently of the other.

But since you asked, Lamar misses 4 games and the Texans emphasize the run and no Hopkins. Brees can't make it a whole season at that level and the Seahawks want to run too.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe with the boldest of the bold. I sincerely hope you are wrong sir, but I fear the upcoming season will have its share of obstacles. Hopefully the NBA can get underway without incident which would make an NFL return easier.

My bold predictions:

-Kyler Murray to DeAndre Hopkins leads to an NFC West crown for the Cardinals
-DeWayne Haskins to opposing DBs leads to another basement season for the Redskins (5-11)
-Defenses adjust to Lamar Jackson, limit his running opportunities and he is merely very good, not unstoppable. Finishes as QB3 in fantasy behind Mahomes and somebody else.
-The New England Patriots still win the AFC East

Lamarvelous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

Lamar's getting progressively better as a passer too, so hopefully he takes yet another step in the right direction and can piece those defenses up through the air when they over-adjust to his running.

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna try to ease into this but i would say there will not be an NFL season.

MLB cant come to an agreement.
NBA has plans but a few key players have expressed some hesitation.
And even tho the NHL has playoff plans, I know that Patrick Kane has essentially said 'not so fast.'

The leagues and owners may have grandiose plans, but that doesnt mean the players will unanimously want to jump in.

Nascar is doing fine with the why they are running. No hold outs until this new rule.

MLB the disagreement is how much should the players get paid for a partial season.

The NFL and the NCAA I don't foresee any major issues until the first player comes down with Covid.

Ezekiel Elliott one of several Cowboys, Texans players to test positive for COVID-19

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
question is does anyone get covid once they start practice?

another question is Do the nfl owners try to recover lost revenue by cutting players salaries?
:suds:

I assume the guaranteed money is getting paid out regardless, and there is already speculation that the league won't be increasing salary cap in future years at the rate it has been recently. so i think that's about all the owners can do to limit their liability on the players' salary side.

anyone with better understanding of the CBA please feel free to correct me

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume the guaranteed money is getting paid out regardless, and there is already speculation that the league won't be increasing salary cap in future years at the rate it has been recently. so i think that's about all the owners can do to limit their liability on the players' salary side.

anyone with better understanding of the CBA please feel free to correct me

Though the CBA doesn't explicitly have a section on what happens if fans can't attend games due to a once-in-a-century pandemic, sources point to Article 12, Section 1 of the document for guidance on what's next.

"f… AR (all revenue) for any League Year substantially decreases, in either case due to a terrorist or military action, natural disaster, or similar event, the parties shall engage in good faith negotiations to adjust the provisions of this Agreement with respect to the projection of AR and the Salary Cap for the following League Year so that AR for the following League Year is projected in a fair manner consistent with the changed revenue projection caused by such action."

yikes

And in that vein, as one player representative pointed out, the Atlanta Falcons could field a team of Matt Ryan, Julio Jones, Grady Jarrett, Jake Matthews, Dante Fowler Jr. and Deion Jones in 2021 and have about $3.7 million in cap space for the rest of the team under this hypothetical $140 million salary cap.

read more
No Fans Allowed? How NFL teams and players are preparing for a major salary cap hit because of COVID-19

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe related. Maybe not.

Saw a commercial this afternoon. You know, the local lawyers that advertise. This group was promising that they could sue for (& win) $1 million dollars if a loved one died in a nursing home due to COVID.

Next we'll see employees suing employers for unsafe working conditions due to COVID.

We're getting into "can o worms" territory.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe related. Maybe not.

Saw a commercial this afternoon. You know, the local lawyers that advertise. This group was promising that they could sue for (& win) $1 million dollars if a loved one died in a nursing home due to COVID.

Next we'll see employees suing employers for unsafe working conditions due to COVID.

We're getting into "can o worms" territory.
It depends. I would assume if they are receiving hazard pay they cant because they understand the risk. However who knows because people are dumb and litigation happy

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a tough one to win, everyone is well aware of the hazardous environment, and they choice to quit is always there

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a tough one to win, everyone is well aware of the hazardous environment, and they choice to quit is always there
Oh I dont know.
I watch enough Judge Mathis to know that there is a difference between negligence and reasonable care.
Even with precautions in place, someone can be careless.
Having a beware of dog sign is "reasonable care", but leaving the gate open is negligence.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Fauci.

Who was the last patient this fucking "doctor" cured?? He's just another lawyer at this point.

And there's ONLY a thousand of them at the bottom of the sea.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youth-sports-risk-assessment-covid19.jpg

the NFL lives in the Higher Risk section here, so just depends on owners and players union coming to an agreement, which baseball is proving this not to be a very easy task.

anyone hear any rumblings of negotiations between the shield and the players union regarding a "normal" season?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
youth-sports-risk-assessment-covid19.jpg

the NFL lives in the Higher Risk section here, so just depends on owners and players union coming to an agreement, which baseball is proving this not to be a very easy task.

anyone hear any rumblings of negotiations between the shield and the players union regarding a "normal" season?
For now the plan is to open and play the schedule as released, so they likely aren't negotiating anything

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson not top 10 QB (Injuries count with this prediction)
Derrick Henry not top 15 RB
Mike Evans not a top 20 WR

Baker Mayfield top 5 QB
Cam Akers and Le'Veon Bell top 10 RB's (not too bold but bold)
OBJ top 3 WR (top 5 could have been bold but gotta make up for the other not-so-bold predictions)
Henry Ruggs top 10 WR as a rookie

Rams a top 5 defense

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar Jackson not top 10 QB (Injuries count with this prediction)
Derrick Henry not top 15 RB
Mike Evans not a top 20 WR

Baker Mayfield top 5 QB
Cam Akers and Le'Veon Bell top 10 RB's (not too bold but bold)
OBJ top 3 WR (top 5 could have been bold but gotta make up for the other not-so-bold predictions)
Henry Ruggs top 10 WR as a rookie

Rams a top 5 defense
Love these predictions