• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Draft. Broncos Select at 15

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It official, we will be picking at 15.

Bengals
Redskins
Lions
Giants
Dolphins
Chargers
Panthers
Cardinals Jaguars
Browns

Jets
Raiders
Colts
Bucs
Broncos
Falcons
Cowboys
Dolphins - from Steelers
Raiders - from Bears
Jags - from Rams

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also guys we will have back next year off of IR include:
Chubb
Callahan
Janovich
Winfree
Gotsis
Winn
James (not on IR, but may as well have been)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15th pick seems like a familiar spot historically for the Broncos.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we looking at, any big play makers available?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also guys we will have back next year off of IR include:
Chubb
Callahan
Janovich
Winfree
Gotsis
Winn
James (not on IR, but may as well have been)

Gotsis is a free agent so we will need to resign him.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we looking at, any big play makers available?
This is a great class for WRs. There should be some playmakers available at 15. Probably a few solid starters available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, if we want to wait.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously depends on what we do in FA, but we have 3 DL who played a ton of snaps that will have a chance to walk as UFAs. I don't see us using a tag on any of them. I know we have cap room, but I would rather spend it wisely and not just throw a bunch of money to keep someone around. Of the 3 main DLs that I was talking about (Wolfe, Gotsis, Harris), I think I would rather keep Harris. No idea what either of them are asking, but I feel like he would cost the least and he was playing very well towards the end of the season. Hopefully not good enough that he will require us to break the bank on him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously depends on what we do in FA, but we have 3 DL who played a ton of snaps that will have a chance to walk as UFAs. I don't see us using a tag on any of them. I know we have cap room, but I would rather spend it wisely and not just throw a bunch of money to keep someone around. Of the 3 main DLs that I was talking about (Wolfe, Gotsis, Harris), I think I would rather keep Harris. No idea what either of them are asking, but I feel like he would cost the least and he was playing very well towards the end of the season. Hopefully not good enough that he will require us to break the bank on him.

I can see Harris costing the most. Honestly I think we could get Wolfe and Gotsis for the same price as Harris and it would fill 2 needs instead of just 1.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see Harris costing the most. Honestly I think we could get Wolfe and Gotsis for the same price as Harris and it would fill 2 needs instead of just 1.

I'm thinking Gotsis - while very good against the run - does not push the pocket as threat to the passing game. Dre'Mont Jones will likely start in his place next year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Purcell is not on under contract for next year either, but he is a restricted free agent. I think Wolfe may be the most important of the 3 unrestricted free agents as keeping some of the leadership on that side of ball will be huge. I view our defensive leaders as follows:
Dline: Wolfe if resigned, otherwise none.
LB: Miller
DBs: Jackson

I think it is important that each room have a leader.

I love Shelby's personality and I would not be shocked if he was willing to stay in Denver for less money. Denver was close, if not his last shot to make it in the NFL and he flourished the last couple of years. I could also see him leaving for a bigger pay day as it is his last shot at one too.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mock draft from Walterfootball (4 rounds)....

1.15 - Laviska Shenault, WR, Colorado - This class is very deep at WR and we should target at least one in the first few rounds. This is a local guy who made some great catches in his college career. Grant Delpit goes to Tampa at 14 in this mock.

2.46 - Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin - OLine should definitely be a target as well. Early and often.

3.77 - Jordan Elliott, DE/DT, Missouri - DLine is a glaring need as well, depending on who gets signed and/or re-signed.

3.83 (from Pittsburgh) - Shyheum Carter, CB, Alabama - I think Walter is hitting on all of our needs.

3.95 (from San Fran) - Terrance Steele, OT, Texas Tech - Again, early and often. Maybe this guy can play a couple consecutive downs without a holding penalty.

4.108 - Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina - I don't mind a 2nd WR. We need to get some more weapons for Lock.

4.127 (from San Fran) - David Reese, LB, Florida - Would give us depth behind Davis and Johnson.

I think he got our needs right. I would love to see a playmaker like Shenault line up across from Sutton. It could really open our offense up. I wouldn't mind seeing a 2nd receiver taken, but I would prefer it to be more of a deep threat.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same site, but a different writer (Charlie Campbell, 3 rounds)...

1.15 - C.J. Henderson , CB, Florida - A DB from Florida? I know DC would be happy with this, and that makes me happy with this.

2.46 - Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech - I can't say I love this pick. Seems like scouts differ on where this guy fits in. Some view him as an OLB in a 43.

3.77 - Stephen Guidry, WR, Mississippi State - Again, I think we need to grab a guy or two from this WR class.

3.83 - Yasir Durant, OT, Missouri - Drew Lock's old blindside protector. People think he'll end upon the right side, though.

3.95 - Khaleke Hudson, S, Michigan - I think we end up getting our starter in FA, whether we resign Simmons or look at one of the other guys out there. But we could use some youth in our secondary.

It's early in the mock draft season, so really, we're just looking at what positions we should be looking at. I think these guys hit on what we need. FA should change some of these needs and we can hone in on that later.