• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 D/ST Discussion

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is an image of the current D/ST rankings (sorted by ADP).

As you can see, I included other stats such as PA (Points Allowed) and TOP (Time of Possession).
The "Stat AVG" column is the average combined ranking of 4 key defensive rankings (which is Turnovers, Sacks, Pts Allowed and Yards Allowed).

Since, IMO, Turnovers and Sacks can vary from season to season, the "Jrk" column is the average of just the Pts Allowed and Yards Allowed rankings. (No way the Patriots and Steelers will have 38 and 36 turnovers again.)

To me, there is no clear-cut favorite this year. At least, no team worthy of a round 10 or earlier draft pick.

So what D/ST are you targeting and why.

upload_2020-8-28_15-52-40.png

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the “better”
Defenses this year are not gonna be great fantasy picks due to schedules

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safe bets:
Steelers - I noticed they have one of the highest TOP which could affect sack and INT's numbers but that Jrk stat is a great add. I think it's a safe DEF to pick early on.

Bills - the division got even worse. How is that possible? The offenses in their division are going to be pretty bad. I think this is a pretty obvious one but the stats back it up too.

Bounce back bets:
Bears - I just think they are too talented to have another year like last year where that defense was so disappointing.

Risky bets:
Patriots - too many defensive players out but I am not saying they won't be good still...just not top 5, maybe around 10th best if you wait to the end to draft a defense.

Unless you are in a deep league I feel defense isn't nearly as important. In some leagues my strategy is to almost go week-to-week on the waiver wire looking for nice matchups. Doesn't always work though but more than ever you could use this strategy this year imo

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of intrigued by the Broncos.
They played in the division where all 3 (the Chiefs, Charger and Raiders) finished in the top 12 in offensive yards. Playing each twice, the Broncos finished respectably. (Only the Chiefs finished in the top 10 in offensive points scored.)

@Yellow Fuzzies can contribute the homer opinion.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me all the Titans DST I can get with my 2nd to last pick in every redraft this year, followed by my K in the last round

people who waste earlier picks chasing DST or K must not have favorite 'lotto ticket' guys that they want on their teams.

I get it, all the RBs/WRs at that stage are dart throws, but I almost always have a few on my short list that would PISS ME OFF to miss out on if they hit, due to me reaching for SF DST or Butker

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
give me all the Titans DST I can get with my 2nd to last pick in every redraft this year, followed by my K in the last round

people who waste earlier picks chasing DST or K must not have favorite 'lotto ticket' guys that they want on their teams.

I get it, all the RBs/WRs at that stage are dart throws, but I almost always have a few on my short list that would PISS ME OFF to miss out on if they hit, due to me reaching for SF DST or Butker

yeah pisses me off when I really like a defense and some guy takes him in Round 10...I'm like wtf, definitely not worth it. I usually pick out a couple defenses I really like and get them in a very very late round, like you said.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses are like chicks... If you take the quote from office space...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Derwin James out, the Chargers value drops dramatically, I think.