• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Concerts

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020_poster_lg.jpg

Most looking forward to Avatar, Chevelle and Slipknot.

Going from The Pretty Reckless to Ice Cube to Rob Zombie is going to bring an interesting crowd on Friday.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just not a big fan. I don't hate them per se, but I don't give a shit either.

I bought their first album... (prolly before you were born, now that I think about it...fuck, that makes me feel old, but I digress), It just never really resonated with me. I like Davis's work on Selpultura's Roots album, but just haven't given many fucks about em' over the last 25 years.

Their fans are obnoxious assholes too.

I think you'll find that Korn fans have matured since the early days. I doubt you'll have a problem with them.

At last year's Rock USA festival, the "most obnoxious fans" crown went to Theory of a Deadman. This year I expect someone from the Saturday lineup to take the crown, just not sure if it will be Insane Clown Posse, Steel Panther or Slipknot. I'm anticipating that I personally will be most annoyed by Steel Panther fans.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Korn/Breaking Benjamin last Friday. Going to Rage Against the Machine in May. Matchbox 20/Wallflowers in September. Impractical Jokers in July - not that they are a concert.

wings-pens2166

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
got tix for Pearl Jam in LA in April and Motley Crue/Def Leppard in July.

really hoping Rancid/Dropkick Murphys will expand their tour to the west coast. and maybe Social D as well once back from Europe.

oh, also seeing Grouplove next month...hey, it's a wifey thing. get off my back!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you'll find that Korn fans have matured since the early days. I doubt you'll have a problem with them.

At last year's Rock USA festival, the "most obnoxious fans" crown went to Theory of a Deadman. This year I expect someone from the Saturday lineup to take the crown, just not sure if it will be Insane Clown Posse, Steel Panther or Slipknot. I'm anticipating that I personally will be most annoyed by Steel Panther fans.

That's good to hear. I saw them in '93, maybe '94, and to this day, it was the worst pit I've ever been in. I saw multiple people fall, only to have a gaggle of douchebags kick and step on them while down, while nobody helped em' up.

I been to the heaviest of heavy shows, but there was also some semblance of etiquette in the pit at all of them, save for that Korn show.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to Korn/Breaking Benjamin last Friday. Going to Rage Against the Machine in May. Matchbox 20/Wallflowers in September. Impractical Jokers in July - not that they are a concert.

I really wanted to get to the Korn/Breaking Benjamin concert in Green Bay. So did my wife and teens. Money and time just didn't align for that one. Still bugs me we missed it.

Might hit RATM when they come to Wisconsin - still working out the details on that one.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good to hear. I saw them in '93, maybe '94, and to this day, it was the worst pit I've ever been in. I saw multiple people fall, only to have a gaggle of douchebags kick and step on them while down, while nobody helped em' up.

I been to the heaviest of heavy shows, but there was also some semblance of etiquette in the pit at all of them, save for that Korn show.
I was down in the pit and was surprised how relatively tame it was.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Benjamin isn't exactly a "rowdy pit" draw. When they tour with heavier bands they get rowdier pits. I'd imagine a show with Faith No More would be pretty tame.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, in general, today's crowds seem much tamer than they were in the late 80's and 90's.

Or maybe the crowds are just older, as I'm prolly not seeing whatever teenagers are into today.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking Benjamin isn't exactly a "rowdy pit" draw. When they tour with heavier bands they get rowdier pits. I'd imagine a show with Faith No More would be pretty tame.
I'd say a very small percentage was really there for breaking Benjamin.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I'd figure they'd get a pretty even mix - maybe 2/3.
Nah. The crowd was mostly disengaged during their show. The packed part of the pit was really small. It seemed like a lot of people were still coming through the gates during their show.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're coming to Buffalo too. Not sure if I can talk my brother into that one...

Well, up to 4 shows now (Stones in Buffalo, RATM in Buffalo, Foo in Hamilton, and Lagwagon in Rochester). Still only Feb, lol.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. The crowd was mostly disengaged during their show. The packed part of the pit was really small. It seemed like a lot of people were still coming through the gates during their show.
Interesting. Wisconsin supports both bands very well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020_poster_lg.jpg

Most looking forward to Avatar, Chevelle and Slipknot.

Going from The Pretty Reckless to Ice Cube to Rob Zombie is going to bring an interesting crowd on Friday.

Some awesome bands playing..........

Rob Zombie and Slipknot are on a bucketlist...........but i definetley would like to see Avatar myself along with PapaRoach and Chevelle.......

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some awesome bands playing..........

Rob Zombie and Slipknot are on a bucketlist...........but i definetley would like to see Avatar myself along with PapaRoach and Chevelle.......

Chevelle came to Oshkosh a few months ago and played in the Menominee Nation Arena where the Bucks' G-league team plays. I took my wife and two teens to the show (that's the one band we all love). We got there early enough to steal spots on the floor right at the stage - no one in front of us. Man, that was awesome!

I've seen Slipknot once before - it was one of Corey's first shows after his neck surgery, so he was limited. I'm excited to see him go at full strength.

When I saw Avatar before, I didn't know their work. Their live show impressed me; I checked em out and fell in love. I'm really excited to see them now - knowing their stuff.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chevelle came to Oshkosh a few months ago and played in the Menominee Nation Arena where the Bucks' G-league team plays. I took my wife and two teens to the show (that's the one band we all love). We got there early enough to steal spots on the floor right at the stage - no one in front of us. Man, that was awesome!

I've seen Slipknot once before - it was one of Corey's first shows after his neck surgery, so he was limited. I'm excited to see him go at full strength.

When I saw Avatar before, I didn't know their work. Their live show impressed me; I checked em out and fell in love. I'm really excited to see them now - knowing their stuff.

Slipknot has many great songs,not sure they could play everyone of them in one show..........But it would be awesome to sit thru them all........

Avatar..........I could see these guys putting on a good show........i discovered these guys in a post here on the hoop.......and they have not disappointed.
I love the screaming vocals...........

Andy wife is NOT a fan of any of this,youre a lucky guy to be able to see these bands..........its 90% country we go see,with an occasional 80s band that she grew up listening too as in Cinderellas(my top 2 80s band)Slaughter,Skid Row,Motley crue and Poison.(shes a big Brett Michael fan.......lol

As far as todays band,the wife tells me to invite some friends......Not a bad idea if you ask me.......:lol:

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slipknot has many great songs,not sure they could play everyone of them in one show..........But it would be awesome to sit thru them all........

Avatar..........I could see these guys putting on a good show........i discovered these guys in a post here on the hoop.......and they have not disappointed.
I love the screaming vocals...........

Andy wife is NOT a fan of any of this,youre a lucky guy to be able to see these bands..........its 90% country we go see,with an occasional 80s band that she grew up listening too as in Cinderellas(my top 2 80s band)Slaughter,Skid Row,Motley crue and Poison.(shes a big Brett Michael fan.......lol

As far as todays band,the wife tells me to invite some friends......Not a bad idea if you ask me.......:lol:

I consider myself very lucky on the wife in many more ways than just taste in music...

Funny thing is... when the wife and I met, she listened to a lot of 80's pop and 90's alternative; I listened to mostly 90s rap. The one band we both liked from the beginning, though, was Korn. As we grew together, our separate musical interests waned and our mutual interest in heavy rock/metal grew.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I consider myself very lucky on the wife in many more ways than just taste in music...

Funny thing is... when the wife and I met, she listened to a lot of 80's pop and 90's alternative; I listened to mostly 90s rap. The one band we both liked from the beginning, though, was Korn. As we grew together, our separate musical interests waned and our mutual interest in heavy rock/metal grew.
Damn, your wife was way cooler before she met you.

I kid

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to see Tesla live in Atlanta on 2/15. Missed out 30 years ago.

This is someone's random video from 2/15 @ the Buckhead Theater (quite a few out there), they were still very good live.