• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 Coaching Changes

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy.
McCarthy's history indicates he likes to pass. Does this hurt EE's value or do the 'Boys become more balanced?
Or does the McCarthy hire automatically bump the value of all the offensive players?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the first question that needs answered is who is the QB. Odds are its Prescott, but, he doesn't have a contract for next year, so its no slam dunk. Then, after that, did MM throw alit becuase that's his deal? Or becuase he had Aaron Rodgers in his priest of primes, along with horseshit at RB for his last 3-4 seasons in GB? I know he got good production out of Lacy before he turned into a fat slug.

Overall I don't think its at all bad news for Zeke. If you can milk 1200 and 9-12 scores out of Eddie Lacy, Zeke will be fine. But I wouldn't be so quick to claim any type if offensive upgrade just based on MM, I've never seen what he's about without Aaron Rodgers, and Dak is no Rodgers...assuming he's even there

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys hire Mike McCarthy.
McCarthy's history indicates he likes to pass. Does this hurt EE's value or do the 'Boys become more balanced?
Or does the McCarthy hire automatically bump the value of all the offensive players?

Impossible to say.

Did he like to pass because of his system, or because he had Aaron Rodgers?

McCarthy could be an upgrade, a downgrade or more of the same. While I blame Rodgers for most of their issues, McCarthy never really seemed to run a very exciting offensive scheme. He is not an Andy Reid type coach that can scheme players open and create points out of thin air. If the Cowboys keep Dak and Cooper, they should have a good offense again. But will it be better?

Not sold on that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think McCarthy ever had a RB like Zeke. If he's smart, he will utilize the tools they have in place and tweak his system accordingly.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCarthy Head Coaching in GB.png

Here's McCarthy's stats as head coach.
After looking at this, it didn't seem to matter what the RB did. Lacy, Grant and Green had seasons over 1K, yet the passing offense remained pretty consistent -- top 10 in all but 2 seasons.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think McCarthy ever had a RB like Zeke. If he's smart, he will utilize the tools they have in place and tweak his system accordingly.
That is true - plus Zeke can actually catch passes as well. ..... value-wise I don't think it goes up or down enough to matter. ..... the offense, overall, is really tough to say - depends on who the OC is - and whether MM listens to him or not.

I also wonder about CAR, WAS (@tlance) , and the rest on the list. ....

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true - plus Zeke can actually catch passes as well. ..... value-wise I don't think it goes up or down enough to matter. ..... the offense, overall, is really tough to say - depends on who the OC is - and whether MM listens to him or not.

I also wonder about CAR, WAS (@tlance) , and the rest on the list. ....
Lol... you mean Cleveland? I guess they are so bad that they don't get their own mention.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Gmen pulled a real head scratcher. What does the Patriots special teams coordinator/WR coach mean for Danny Dimes and Barkley?? To hell if I know

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol... you mean Cleveland? I guess they are so bad that they don't get their own mention.
Well, I have some interest in what happens there but my gosh, if you look up dis-functional I think you find a picture of the Browns - not to mention potential galore but shit production. ..... hope their pick has a strong back-bone.

The Gmen pulled a real head scratcher. What does the Patriots special teams coordinator/WR coach mean for Danny Dimes and Barkley?? To hell if I know
Yea - that one was a surprise. Decent resume, but being in-charge is a whole lot different than 'what'd think Bill'. ...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always a bit wary of positions coaches that haven't really ever had that OC or DC job before jumping to HC.

Patriots WR coach....isn't WR one of the glaring weaknesses of the patriots?
Only thing I really know about special teams coordinators is that the Rams have the best one in the league in John Fassel

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots WR coach....isn't WR one of the glaring weaknesses of the patriots?
:10:
This statement is pure genius.

If you cant squeeze out some receptions from Josh Gordon and Antonio Brown... yikes.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have some interest in what happens there but my gosh, if you look up dis-functional I think you find a picture of the Browns - not to mention potential galore but shit production. ..... hope their pick has a strong back-bone.

Yea - that one was a surprise. Decent resume, but being in-charge is a whole lot different than 'what'd think Bill'. ...
I just thought the way you worded it was funny.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought the way you worded it was funny.
Well, honestly, I'm old and my brain works slow (actually couldn't remember who the other teams were at the time). .... but glad I gave ya a chuckle. ...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on Washington?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ron Rivera.
It was officially announced last week.
Any thoughts on good, bad or indifferent as far as the team/player outlook goes ?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any thoughts on good, bad or indifferent as far as the team/player outlook goes ?

Very good in terms of culture and organizational function.

just not sure we have the playmakers to make much impact in fantasy aside from Guice and McLaurin.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just not sure we have the playmakers to make much impact in fantasy aside from Guice and McLaurin.
I owned Guice in dynasty last year and was very disappointed. FantasyPros already has him penciled in at a ranking of 29 among RB for 2020.
He seems quick to get to the blue tent. I fear he may be another fragile Fred Taylor.