• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020 AWARD WINNERS

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Justin Herbert has been named the Associated Press' Offensive Rookie of the Year.​

Herbert took home 41-of-50 votes, with Justin Jefferson snagging the other nine. In one of the most impressive rookie classes in years, Herbert was in a class by himself. The No. 6 overall pick set six rookie records, including touchdown passes with 31. The other five were: Total touchdowns (36), completions (396), 300-yard passing efforts (eight), multi-touchdown passing games (10) and three-score days (six). Herbert fell only 39 yards shy of the rookie yardage record. Unflappable and far more aggressive than his college usage suggested he would be, Herbert had the looks of a true franchise player, one who will soon be competing for MVP awards. Herbert turns 23 next month

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Washington Football Team DE Chase Young has been named the Associated Press' Defensive Rookie of the Year.​

Young took home 42.5 of the 50 votes, with 4.5 going to Panthers S Jeremy Chinn. Ravens LB Patrick Queen received two, with Bucs S Antoine Winfield Jr. taking home the final remaining vote. The No. 2 overall pick, Young was an absolute beast, immediately changing the complexion of the Football Team's defense and making them an unlikely division winner in Ron Rivera's first year on the job. Still two months shy of his 22nd birthday, Young is already an unblockable force. If paired with the right quarterback, he could be the man to finally return the Football Team to continued relevance.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aaron Donald has been named the Associated Press' Defensive Player of the Year.​

Donald has now won the award three times in four years, joining Lawrence Taylor and J.J. Watt as the only three-time winners. Playing in his age-29 campaign, Donald seemed more unblockable than ever as he tallied the second most sacks (13.5) of his future Hall-of-Fame career. The most important non-quarterback player in the entire league, Donald turns 30 in May and is signed through 2024.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Derrick Henry has been named the Associated Press' Offensive Player of the Year.​

Offensive Player of the Year is frequently won by quarterbacks, though it is often used a back-door acknowledgment of special seasons by non-signal callers. Henry certainly had one of those in 2020, rushing for the fifth most yards in NFL history with 2,027. This, in the first year of a deal that was hotly debated. You may have heard that paying running backs has gone out of style. It's not usually the best allocation of resources, but Henry creates panic in opposing defenses the way few runners do. He frees up so much space for Ryan Tannehill to execute the Titans' play-action attack. Headed into his age-27 campaign, Henry is on a Hall-of-Fame trajectory

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Browns coach Kevin Stefanski has been named the Associated Press' Coach of the Year.​

The Browns made the playoffs for the first time since 2002 under their 38-year-old rookie head coach. The Vikings' offensive coordinator for only 1.5 seasons, the Browns wanted Stefanski to implement the same run-heavy, play-action featuring offense he guided in Minnesota. He did that and more, sparking a dangerous two-back attack with Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt while returning Baker Mayfield to respectability. He did all this with slot man Jarvis Landry as his No. 1 receiver following Odell Beckham's early-season injury. Stefanski seemed to crack under the game management pressure in the Divisional Round in Kansas City, but he is a cerebral head coach who should be ready for the league's 2021 adjustments.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Alex Smith has been named the Associated Press' Comeback Player of the Year.​

This one was pre-ordained after 36-year-old Smith's miraculous recovery from a 2018 compound leg fracture that ended up requiring 17 surgeries due to a host of complications. The football was not necessarily scintillating — never an aggressive player, Smith was understandably even more conservative in 2020 — but Smith was the best quarterback on the Football Team's division-winning roster. Smith is undecided on returning in 2021. The Football Team has signaled it will probably go another direction at starter, but Smith's experience and brainpower would be invaluable in a backup.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Aaron Rodgers has been named the Associated Press' Most Valuable Player for 2020.​

It is the 37-year-old's third MVP award, with the first two coming in 2011 and 2014. The initial story of Rodgers' 2020 was the first-round selection of quarterback Jordan Love. That was followed up by a running back and H-Back, denying Rodgers the passing-game weapon he openly sought. He used the "slight" to fuel the best overall campaign of his Hall-of-Fame career. Rodgers' TD:INT ratio was an unthinkable 48:5, while he completed over 70 percent of his passes for the first time. Rodgers mixed bombs to Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Robert Tonyan with layups to Davante Adams, whom he helped spark to the most receiver scores (18) since 2007. Rodgers briefly hinted following the Packers' devastating NFC Championship Game loss that he might not be back in Green Bay in 2021, but it was quickly debunked by all parties, including Rodgers. He still needs that second receiver. Hopefully he gets one.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Russell Wilson is your 2020 Walter Payton Man of the Year award winner. Sorry for showing my fandom but not really sorry.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Russell Wilson is your 2020 Walter Payton Man of the Year award winner. Sorry for showing my fandom but not really sorry.
Even though Russell is on my rival - well deserved he’s a great humanitarian and HOF QB.