• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2020-21 The Carter Hart Era PT2(The raising of the cup)

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prov 30 plus minutes on the ice and Freidman a little over 5. AV you need to even that out a little more or Prov will be burned out by week 4.

Hats off tom Prov 5 blocked shots.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is a mess right now. At least until Couturier and Myers get back, the goalie play is going to have to be fantastic to stay in the top half of the division.

And maybe longer. They definitely miss Niskanen back there. Sounds like Ghost could be back for the Devils set next week. Fingers crossed he's the good Ghost this year. They need it.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prov 30 plus minutes on the ice and Freidman a little over 5. AV you need to even that out a little more or Prov will be burned out by week 4.

Hats off tom Prov 5 blocked shots.

Friedman was probably on track for 12ish minutes. Still not an even spread, but it would've been better if he didn't leave the game halfway through.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friedman was probably on track for 12ish minutes. Still not an even spread, but it would've been better if he didn't leave the game halfway through.
With all the penalties Freidman wouldve never gotten 12 minutes if he finished the game

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking maddening game to watch, probably for a fan of either team too! To me, the Bruins don't scare people anymore and we absolutely let them off the hook last night. This should've been an easy win, except we forgot there was a third period to play.

In the interview between periods, G said he knew the Bruins were going to push hard in the 3rd and what happens? We come out absolutely flat and let them steamroll us.

Lesson learned, hopefully. In an Nhl game, no matter who you are playing, you can't take your foot off the gas pedal and coast with a period left to play.

The lone point we acquired is zero salvation. This is a little embarrassing and now we have to put them away in the second game.

All of that said, it's nothing short of a miracle that we didn't finish this game in the OT. Voracek, Sanheim, Hayes and Laughton all had grade A, glorious chances to score and failed to by the slimmest of margins.

Last edited:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is a mess right now. At least until Couturier and Myers get back, the goalie play is going to have to be fantastic to stay in the top half of the division.

And maybe longer. They definitely miss Niskanen back there. Sounds like Ghost could be back for the Devils set next week. Fingers crossed he's the good Ghost this year. They need it.
Did they ever say why Ghost has been out?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick 10 faceoff wins and 2 losses great game in the circle

The rest of our centers were terrible.

That is one place we didnt have any trouble last year.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems all of our injuries where due to physical play against us.

When do we stop other teams from taking big shots against our players?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubois has been benched for the second time this week in Columbus. He has been requesting a trade. He may be able to be had cheap.

I think AWAZ brought his name up a couple of weeks ago but since being benched twice his price has to have come down.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they ever say why Ghost has been out?

AV hinted pretty strongly today that he was positive for COVID. First time anyone's really acknowledged that.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubois has been benched for the second time this week in Columbus. He has been requesting a trade. He may be able to be had cheap.

I think AWAZ brought his name up a couple of weeks ago but since being benched twice his price has to have come down.

Yep. Was listening to NHL Network radio (3-month free trial!) and they were just talking about that. Said Columbus still has 10-12 teams interested. They did mention the Flyers as one. But then they went on to bash how bad he's looked this season and how his hype is really from last year's playoff run and that's it. Only had 18 goals last year.

So, who knows. Definitely would be interested, but at what price? Definitely don't want to overpay for another guy that's more 'good' than 'great'. Flyers have enough 'good' players. If they're going to give up the assets it will take to get a non-rental, young, top of the lineup player, they need 'great'.

I would think Columbus would start with Patrick and a 1st. Maybe it ends up being a little more. Maybe a little less.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Was listening to NHL Network radio (3-month free trial!) and they were just talking about that. Said Columbus still has 10-12 teams interested. They did mention the Flyers as one. But then they went on to bash how bad he's looked this season and how his hype is really from last year's playoff run and that's it. Only had 18 goals last year.

So, who knows. Definitely would be interested, but at what price? Definitely don't want to overpay for another guy that's more 'good' than 'great'. Flyers have enough 'good' players. If they're going to give up the assets it will take to get a non-rental, young, top of the lineup player, they need 'great'.

I would think Columbus would start with Patrick and a 1st. Maybe it ends up being a little more. Maybe a little less.
Ha no way. I think him and Patrick have about the same ceiling. 50-65 points a year barring injury, We would just be giving away a number 1 pick and getting the same player back

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha no way. I think him and Patrick have about the same ceiling. 50-65 points a year barring injury, We would just be giving away a number 1 pick and getting the same player back

I agree. I wouldn’t do that either. But if I were Columbus, that’s what I’d ask for.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AV says Friedman is good for tomorrow.

Also said he anticipates Ghost practicing with the team on Monday. So I guess theoretically he could play Tuesday against the devils if AV so chooses.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patrick 10 faceoff wins and 2 losses great game in the circle

The rest of our centers were terrible.

That is one place we didnt have any trouble last year.
Actually hurt them as Boston always had the puck. Ticked me off but was happy to see Patrick doing well. Hayes was horrible.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we play hard for anywhere near 60 minutes of action tonight and actually support our goalie, we should roll Boston. Their defense is weak and they don't have the offense to outscore us either.

I'd like to get Patrick going, so I'll take him again.