• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019FIBA World Cup

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan Mitchell going to be scary good this year.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop?

Dude, you can't make wine out of sewer water.

Mitchell and Kemba are the only guys that might have had a chance to make that roster if the Star players were available.

I'm not shitting on the Celtics kids when they were willing to try when other's just quit.

You do remember that they didn't have to make a single cut, right?

It's not like they passed on anyone else to take those guys.

That was all they had to (not) choose from.
I used to think highly of Pops like you but I’m not so certain he is the legendary coach he gets credit for being. Still a top coach, though, but only because there aren’t many good coaches out there. He really hasn’t done much without Duncan. He also had Kawhi who is a stud. What has he really done without Duncan, Robinson, Ginobili, Kawhi and Parker. I don’t think his style of coaching reaches a wide spectrum of players, not everyone responds to the yelling and screaming and an authoritarian style like that.

I was trying to bait some of the Celts contingent here with blaming the Celtics players. They are easily triggered by comments like that…LOL.

TBH, I think NBA players are a bit overrated compared to the international players and couple that with the fact that the USA team just throws a team together and expects them to win is actually pretty arrogant of the USA. These international players can ball and they have more playing time together in addition. To compete with the world, the USA needs to come up with a better system. This half assed approach to forming these teams isn’t going to fly with the international competition getting tougher.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We fell apart. Had control of the game. Went from down 10 to up 7 then shit fell apart.

Went away from Mitchell which was a horrible decision. Tatum was missed for sure. With Kemba struggling, Tatum would have been another player we could have went to

I told you they would choke.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing a 7 point game with plenty of game isn't a choke.

They were up in the 4th and lost the game. They choked, plain and simple. I told you this would happen but you spin it to cover your boys. You lacked confidence in them, there has to be a reason for it. You knew they wouldn't medal or else you would have bet me. You know I'm right but you refuse to accept it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were up in the 4th and lost the game. They choked, plain and simple. I told you this would happen but you spin it to cover your boys. You lacked confidence in them, there has to be a reason for it. You knew they wouldn't medal or else you would have bet me. You know I'm right but you refuse to accept it.

My boys play in Downtown Miami

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped giving the ball to Mitchell in the 4th for some reason, and Walker was horrible
Gobert was unstoppable in the 4th
missed like 6 of 7 free throws in the 4th

76-71 becomes 89-79 as the USA completely craters in the 4th with an 18-3 French run late.

I am not mad at these dudes. They were just the 3rd tier players as the superstars were too busy to bother.
Go back to the College Kids (for FIBA at least) if NBA players feel like this tournament is a burden to their lifestyle.

Hell no.

You want to go back to college kids when everyone else is playing pros?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, that didn't go well at all....

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are today's players really better than the 80's and 90's players if they are getting their asses whipped by a sissy french team?

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to think highly of Pops like you but I’m not so certain he is the legendary coach he gets credit for being. Still a top coach, though, but only because there aren’t many good coaches out there. He really hasn’t done much without Duncan. He also had Kawhi who is a stud. What has he really done without Duncan, Robinson, Ginobili, Kawhi and Parker. I don’t think his style of coaching reaches a wide spectrum of players, not everyone responds to the yelling and screaming and an authoritarian style like that.

I was trying to bait some of the Celts contingent here with blaming the Celtics players. They are easily triggered by comments like that…LOL.

TBH, I think NBA players are a bit overrated compared to the international players and couple that with the fact that the USA team just throws a team together and expects them to win is actually pretty arrogant of the USA. These international players can ball and they have more playing time together in addition. To compete with the world, the USA needs to come up with a better system. This half assed approach to forming these teams isn’t going to fly with the international competition getting tougher.

Went 47-35 two years ago with Kawhi for a grand total of 9 games and Manu and Parker averaging a COMBINED 16.8 points per game in a loaded West. And going through the death of his wife. Sit the Pop debate out.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Attention all Kobe Stans:

This mofo has me dead.

You gotta read what he wrote about the girl who went to the dance recital....lol

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went 47-35 two years ago with Kawhi for a grand total of 9 games and Manu and Parker averaging a COMBINED 16.8 points per game in a loaded West. And going through the death of his wife. Sit the Pop debate out.

Gentlemanly swept in the first round. Not much to brag about really for a "legendary" coach.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 3 factors went into not medaling.

1. Pops is an overrated coach.
2. International Hoops is much stronger than we give them credit for.
3. Too many Celtics on the team.

Pop is over-rated? LOL.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemanly swept in the first round. Not much to brag about really for a "legendary" coach.

The fact they made the playoffs under those circumstances is almost legendary. Sit out the Pop debates. You will lose every single time.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop is over-rated? LOL.

As I said in an earlier post. Not "legendary" status, IMO. Still a top coach but only because there aren't many great coaches.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact they made the playoffs under those circumstances is almost legendary. Sit out the Pop debates. You will lose every single time.

The Timberwolves also made it to the playoffs that year.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Identical records. You're making a fuss about a tie breaker?

I’m saying they had a healthy team outside of Butler missing a little over a month. With no drama then like the Spurs had that season.