• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Womens World Cup Thread

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Llyod and Rapinoe can't be back for 2023 right?

I will say no for both. Lloyd will likely see a drop over the next four years due to age.

Rapinoe will be 38. And it’s possible if she can stay healthy. The problem is she is a pure winger without a real fallback position. Touch is her weapon and she needs speed to maximize it. If her speed drops off too much that could spell an end. Maybe if she really holds up her and Press will swap roles. Pugh is very much in that mix too.

I like Heath-Morgan-Press going forward.

I think we are good at mid with LaValle, Horan and Mewis. Ertz could be a wildcard there but could also go back to CB.

Four years is a long time.....so it will look like it’s going to look after about 3 years of shaking out.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to be honest, I knew nothing about Dahlkamper until this tournament. She really impressed me. We knew what Ertz could bring and she brought it for sure. Sauerbrunn showing her toughness and willingness to throw her body around to get the job done and she did. Yes, much respect to Krieger, she's played what like 10 minutes this entire tournament and for her to have to come in and play in such a pivotal role as O'Hara had to have a concusion.. Which I thought for sure Sauerbrunn had as well (got to give her props for coming right back and not shying away from anything).

Naeher's "save" when she came flying out of her net to knock the ball away was huge and I think a huge wake up call for the US and gave this team the spark they needed to win!

That’s exactly the play today I was thinking of with Naeher. Split second call. And timed just right.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Rob Stone holding back tears?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s exactly the play today I was thinking of with Naeher. Split second call. And timed just right.

I'm not sure many goal keepers (men or women) who react that quickly

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say no for both. Lloyd will likely see a drop over the next four years due to age.

Rapinoe will be 38. And it’s possible if she can stay healthy. The problem is she is a pure winger without a real fallback position. Touch is her weapon and she needs speed to maximize it. If her speed drops off too much that could spell an end. Maybe if she really holds up her and Press will swap roles. Pugh is very much in that mix too.

I like Heath-Morgan-Press going forward.

I think we are good at mid with LaValle, Horan and Mewis. Ertz could be a wildcard there but could also go back to CB.

Four years is a long time.....so it will look like it’s going to look after about 3 years of shaking out.
What ever happened to Laroux? Sidney?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO how badly did Nike want the US to win... LOL... They paid a ton of money for that commercial to be made I'm sure
And anyone who wears their products pays for it. No big deal.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great finish for the USWNT!!! :yahoo:

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. Think they made any unaired commercials for other teams?

I beat they did a similar one for the Netherlands (obviously not as political) but probably did. Now, would they have ran with it if the Netherlands had won, probably not

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 stars baby!

That Rose goal was a thing of beauty. The Dutch had a couple of opportunities that were heart stoppers but other than that, we had an excellent game. Van Veenendaal was a human wall that kept this from being a blow out. She played a hell of a game for them. Props to her.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the seconds the final whistle blew I was flooded with emails from Nike, Dick's etc with Women's Cahampionship gear... Nothing so far. The 2nd any other championship goes final i've gotten those types of emails

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You’re right. If she flopped less her hotness would be more than enough to get calls.

Players so often underestimate the hotness factor on getting calls.

How do you think Ronaldo got as good as he is? Even the straightest of refs gets a flash of his abs and the call goes in his favor

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and I don't think he'll give two shits.

Yeah, you don't know Donald Trump then. You can take all politics out of this just focus on what we've seen from him. From the time he came onto the scene in the 80s, he's driven by ego and attention. People not paying attention to him irks him to no end. He wants to be noticed, appreciated, and seen with successful people. It eats him up when those people turn him down.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you think Ronaldo got as good as he is? Even the straightest of refs gets a flash of his abs and the call goes in his favor

Well said....but his prodigious ability to flop and sell the flop (and bitch and whine like a baby) has something to do with it even more.

Morgan is very much that type of player to a degree. It irks me. I wish she went differently. But she can’t be like Wambach, who had the size to be physical. She is a finesse player and finesse players learn to flop and act.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the seconds the final whistle blew I was flooded with emails from Nike, Dick's etc with Women's Cahampionship gear... Nothing so far. The 2nd any other championship goes final i've gotten those types of emails

funny..who knew the greatest selling soccer jersey of all-time would be the US woman's soccer jersey.

nike knows this and will re-adjust their marketing needs here forth….