• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 UW Football

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW isn’t playing top tier teams right now but they are on a mission. If they can play this way against ranked and conference opponents they could possibly be in the mix at the end. Stay tuned.

Reactions: GNG

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the OLine? Biadiacz and Van Laanen play all the time and it seems the other 3 spots are rotated between 5 guys. Seltzner, Erdmann and Lyles at guard and Bruss and Beach at right tackle. Are they trying to get guys to step up and take the jobs or just keep rotating them in case of injury or some other reason I'm not aware of? I like the fact that they're getting young guys playing time and am guessing that will help them out in the long run, but I just don't recall seeing that previously.

Also, watching Van Laanen when he doubles on a run play is all kinds of awesome. It seems to be more awesome when it's with Lyles. Lyles pops the guy, usually Dlineman, first then Van Laanen obliterates them about 5 yards down or across the field while Lyles cleans up on the 2nd level. Dude is as good at it as I've seen, just canibalizes guys. I hope this continues with Michigan and it's not just the competition they've played so far

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up with the OLine? Biadiacz and Van Laanen play all the time and it seems the other 3 spots are rotated between 5 guys. Seltzner, Erdmann and Lyles at guard and Bruss and Beach at right tackle. Are they trying to get guys to step up and take the jobs or just keep rotating them in case of injury or some other reason I'm not aware of? I like the fact that they're getting young guys playing time and am guessing that will help them out in the long run, but I just don't recall seeing that previously.

Also, watching Van Laanen when he doubles on a run play is all kinds of awesome. It seems to be more awesome when it's with Lyles. Lyles pops the guy, usually Dlineman, first then Van Laanen obliterates them about 5 yards down or across the field while Lyles cleans up on the 2nd level. Dude is as good at it as I've seen, just canibalizes guys. I hope this continues with Michigan and it's not just the competition they've played so far

My guess its the competition they played so far as to the rotation. Michigan will be a tough game but Army came extremely close for the upset.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My guess its the competition they played so far as to the rotation. Michigan will be a tough game but Army came extremely close for the upset.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost game time. Let’s see what UW is made of.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dominating performance by the Badgers against a fellow conference opponent. I did don’t like the calls against the 2 UW safeties not bcuz they play for UW but bcuz neither hit was intentional where I think that’s important. Let’s just put flags on them already and be done with it. No wonder this country is becoming a bunch of pussies.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved up to #8 this week. UW has always had trouble against NW. hopefully they break the trend on Saturday.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew why NW always plays The Badgers tough. It’s the same shit every year that the offense struggles when they play Them. Thank God the defense came to play but still gave up 2 TDs at the end. Honestly this game tells me not much has changed and will end up on the outside looking in as usual. Until they upgrade the QB position I don’t see UW making the playoffs ever. After today I can guarantee they will lose at least one game which will nullify any chance Of playing for a championship. I won’t be surprised if they drop out of the top ten after the offensive performance today.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I knew why NW always plays The Badgers tough. It’s the same shit every year that the offense struggles when they play Them. Thank God the defense came to play but still gave up 2 TDs at the end. Honestly this game tells me not much has changed and will end up on the outside looking in as usual. Until they upgrade the QB position I don’t see UW making the playoffs ever. After today I can guarantee they will lose at least one game which will nullify any chance Of playing for a championship. I won’t be surprised if they drop out of the top ten after the offensive performance today.

Fitzgerald seems to have UWs O down pat. He's a good coach and has his team ready to play, they play smart and seem to be in the right position at the right time and doing the right thing. All you can do is tip your hat to them, say good game and be happy you survived.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fitzgerald seems to have UWs O down pat. He's a good coach and has his team ready to play, they play smart and seem to be in the right position at the right time and doing the right thing. All you can do is tip your hat to them, say good game and be happy you survived.

Still crazy how NW plays other conference opponents like shit but always plays UW tough regardless of their records. A big part of that is UW’s QB position. Until that gets better they will always struggle against NW and better talent.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still crazy how NW plays other conference opponents like shit but always plays UW tough regardless of their records. A big part of that is UW’s QB position. Until that gets better they will always struggle against NW and better talent.
I don't know about that. While I don't believe Coan is going to be the next Joe Montana, he's done what's been asked of him pretty well. I was more disappointed in the play of the oline. It sure seems like the holes that they create against most teams just don't materialize against Northwestern. So I think the credit should go to Fitz and his staff and kids for getting the job done.

The other thing is this kind of game is the one they usually lose. Things are going well, everyone is feeling good about themselves, the fans and media are telling them how great they are and they somehow forget the other players get scholarships and the coaches get paid just like them. While this wasn't a disaster, I do hope it is a wake up call that they need to work at every practice to get better and be prepared for every play of every game as they're all important. So this game might be just what they needed to go on a tear...and hope it was just that...a nice rude awakening that they're only as good and productive as they're willing to be and that means they need to show up every day like it's their last day ever

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about that. While I don't believe Coan is going to be the next Joe Montana, he's done what's been asked of him pretty well. I was more disappointed in the play of the oline. It sure seems like the holes that they create against most teams just don't materialize against Northwestern. So I think the credit should go to Fitz and his staff and kids for getting the job done.

The other thing is this kind of game is the one they usually lose. Things are going well, everyone is feeling good about themselves, the fans and media are telling them how great they are and they somehow forget the other players get scholarships and the coaches get paid just like them. While this wasn't a disaster, I do hope it is a wake up call that they need to work at every practice to get better and be prepared for every play of every game as they're all important. So this game might be just what they needed to go on a tear...and hope it was just that...a nice rude awakening that they're only as good and productive as they're willing to be and that means they need to show up every day like it's their last day ever

This is true. I also agree with everything else and that's why i like Chryst. He usually keeps them level headed and their eyes on the prize but you can only do so much and boys will be boys.

Don't get me wrong, i think Coan is doing a good job so far. The problem, as usual, is when they get in 3rd and long. They need a QB that will convert on a regular basis. If they can do that, i think they can take that next step of competing for a NC.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise against Kent State. Besides a few teams today, everybody had cream puffs to beat up on.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EsSPN is so lame...in their what's next for the top 25 teams they didn't mention UW plays Sparty this week, only that they go on the road in 2 weeks to Illinois then to OSU... lame and stupid....very lame and extremely stupid for a news source...

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EsSPN is so lame...in their what's next for the top 25 teams they didn't mention UW plays Sparty this week, only that they go on the road in 2 weeks to Illinois then to OSU... lame and stupid....very lame and extremely stupid for a news source...

MS maybe another trap game but if they play like they did against Ohio state then they shouldn’t have to much trouble.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MS maybe another trap game but if they play like they did against Ohio state then they shouldn’t have to much trouble.

So far I’m impressed with the defense. They are playing lights out against just about everyone they faced. If they can do the same against Ohio state and Iowa and win, then I think they have to be considered for the playoffs.

Side note: only a SEC team can lose to an unranked team and not drop out of the top ten :rolleyes2:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far I’m impressed with the defense. They are playing lights out against just about everyone they faced. If they can do the same against Ohio state and Iowa and win, then I think they have to be considered for the playoffs.

Side note: only a SEC team can lose to an unranked team and not drop out of the top ten :rolleyes2:

At this point, I'm impressed. They've handled their business week in and week out. It appears they don't give a damn about the rankings, press or what others think of them, just their next opponent and winning.

That stated, I hope they pound on Illinois and get out of there without any injuries or problems. Then move onto the OSU game with laser focus, they're going to need it if they're going to beat them in Columbus.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois this week. Hope they don’t look past them. Go get em UW.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Illinois this week. Hope they don’t look past them. Go get em UW.

Guess who looked past em? I shouldn’t be surprised UW does it every year. So much for that stout defense. Good job Wisky you just took yourselves out of a possible playoff spot. Ohio state is going to beat you like a red headed step child. Good luck in whatever useless bowl game you will get this season. Until next year......:doh:

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys need to get their collective heads out of their asses. That was so damn pathetic and I'm so sick and tired of them eating the rat poison year after year. They will never learn...it's just ridiculous.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t expect them to lose today but I’m not surprised. Smoke and mirrors, huge disappointment.