• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Soul 12 Comment Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick break down of my schedule for the normal two weeks it takes the draft.

Week 1- I will be at work and in a few meetings. I should be fine as usual. May be just a tad slower to text people when they are up, but not too much of a difference then years past. If you text me back asking what I think of your pick or to discuss the draft and I don't respond right away like normal I will get back to you ASAP... I have a busy week next week so will probably get back to certain discussions on my lunch or after work. So nothing different just might see a bigger delay then normal the first week when texting during the day. After work you will get a quick response.

Week 2- I will be in Portland and Seattle. You should have my full attention for the most part. :)

Have fun!

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick break down of my schedule for the normal two weeks it takes the draft.

Week 1- I will be at work and in a few meetings. I should be fine as usual. May be just a tad slower to text people when they are up, but not too much of a difference then years past. If you text me back asking what I think of your pick or to discuss the draft and I don't respond right away like normal I will get back to you ASAP... I have a busy week next week so will probably get back to certain discussions on my lunch or after work. So nothing different just might see a bigger delay then normal the first week when texting during the day. After work you will get a quick response.

Week 2- I will be in Portland and Seattle. You should have my full attention for the most part. :)

Have fun!

Translation: Weeks 1 and 2 - I will be holed up in a barn in a cornfield 1 hour southwest of Dubuque for the next two weeks with 2 laptops and 3 cell phones. I will likely text you 1.8 seconds after the previous pick has been made and then again 17 minutes later if you have not already made your pick. I will ask for a proxy if you have not made your pick within 25 minutes.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: Weeks 1 and 2 - I will be holed up in a barn in a cornfield 1 hour southwest of Dubuque for the next two weeks with 2 laptops and 3 cell phones. I will likely text you 1.8 seconds after the previous pick has been made and then again 17 minutes later if you have not already made your pick. I will ask for a proxy if you have not made your pick within 25 minutes.

If he takes more than 1.2 seconds we may need to remove him as commish...

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me those were the clear top two guys in some order.

Paper Tigers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at all the large action shots that are posted with the picks and then Q comes in with a thumbnail tweet pic. What a second rate organization.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. I knew Gubrud would go early, the school/position is a proven fantasy commodity. But he hasn't been named the starter yet so I thought he'd slip a little due to that. Now Q has the draft the other guys too.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna take Kylin Hill there (Who the next guy is drafting) but I counted 5 weeks I may not want to use him.

He has 2 bye weeks plus Auburn, LSU, Alabama

Kinda tired of drafting SEC RB's in round 1.

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good job fellas. Close to how I pegged it. Not the exact order that would be hard. But pretty much the top 10.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how Stevie grabs the workhorses at RB. Nothing fancy, but fantasy points!

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was really hoping that Jafar Armstrong made it back to me. I didn't know if him going in the second round was too early or not at where I drafted but I am happy to see that I was not crazy for thinking that. Especially when the second best drafter (Q being the best) makes the selection.

#yearofQ

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping for Armstrong this round too, but I know DC loves him so I had a feeling he might take him there. Got my second guy instead who I had rated pretty similar. Solid, smooth draft so far. Good job guys!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Jefferson pick there at the end of round 1. He was another guy I was highly considering as high as #9. Just liked quite a few RB's on the return that was probably the difference.

J.D. Spielman is another productive pick by Stevie. Really like him. As long as he stays healthy he will put up terrific numbers this year.

On a side note Kellen Mond will be missed in Asian Alley Cat land. He played a nice role last year as a spot starter and got the call in the championship game based on matchups. We wish him nothing but the best as he heads to Seattle, WA to play for Seahawk.

The fans love him here... I did not pick him to impress a girl (Reggie McNeal/Skins reference) :) Sorry, it has to be brought up ever year!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the Jefferson pick there at the end of round 1. He was another guy I was highly considering as high as #9. Just liked quite a few RB's on the return that was probably the difference.

J.D. Spielman is another productive pick by Stevie. Really like him. As long as he stays healthy he will put up terrific numbers this year.

On a side note Kellen Mond will be missed in Asian Alley Cat land. He played a nice role last year as a spot starter and got the call in the championship game based on matchups. We wish him nothing but the best as he heads to Seattle, WA to play for Seahawk.

The fans love him here... I did not pick him to impress a girl (Reggie McNeal/Skins reference) :) Sorry, it has to be brought up ever year!

How did we forget to mention that last line in the new member orientation thread?

Everyone dropped the ball there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we forget to mention that last line in the new member orientation thread?

Everyone dropped the ball there.

Someone needs to keep a copy of "Soul 12's greatest memories"

Chris Leak, Q retirement would headline it. ;)

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After taking Jawon Pass 1st round last year, I definitely passed up some upside this time for what I think is a little more stability. With no QB keeper I just couldn’t afford to draft another Pass.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh... My top 3 just went. Bastards.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McFarland really intrigued me. He was one of the most impressive backs to me in college football last year. Maryland was a bit inconsistent with how they used him but with Ty Johnson gone now his carries will only amp up.

omareasy34

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ Taylor was a fine selection there. I considered him along with another RB that remains available.

Status
Not open for further replies.