• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Season Starts in December

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GMs in baseball get together before Christmas and most of them try to do some shopping for their fans. They all know who the big name free agents are and they've all been told whether or not they can spend the owner's money.

The big FA names are Harper, Machado, Kuchel. Boras is Harper's agent and heturned down the Nationals' $300M offer. As of today, the Yankees appear to be Boras' target. Rumors are rampant that NY is interested but a 10 year $350M contract might be a little rich for some who's hit 40 HR once and who's OBP was .388 and was hitting .249. His seven yearaverage is .279 25 HR 95 RBI. Personally, I don't think that his performance over the past 3 years puts him in the $35M a year category. But I'm not a billionaire owner with an ego the size of Alaska. I don't think the Red Sox are interested anyway. I don't even want to think about trying to resign Betts or Benetendi.

Here's hoping that Dombroski starts rustling the sheets and sets up few things to replace the pieces that will be leaving.