• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Rookie draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couple huge grains of salt to take with that.
First and foremost, the Big 12, where Montgomery played the vast majority of his games, is by far and away the worst defensive collection of all the major conferences, forcing 90 missed tackles isnt necessarily a big deal there. But if he can't even lead that conference in rushing, not even really all that close, in Iowa state no less, where they aren't exactly prolific passers, that's a concern.
So when scouts are already saying he lacks a second gear, and isnt shifty, 90 broken tackles against some of the worst defenses in the country doesn't really sell me. Sounds a lot like Perine, another Big 12 alum with impressive college numbers, much more impressive than Williams, to be brutally honest.

Still gotta hit some "non highlight" film on this dude as well, and still plenty of dissecting will be done by dildos smarter than me, but as of now, I don't see much in him.
i agree on your points, but iowa states oline was very bad.

i also posted two different sources there. One who stated he wasnt elusive , twice. Then the respected profootball focus who who posted the highest elusiveness rating ever. What i was trying to get at there was "dynastyfootballfactory's" analysis was pretty far off IMHO. and uneducated. I like what i see, and have heard, alot. But like you said, theres more work to be done:suds:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree on your points, but iowa states oline was very bad.

i also posted two different sources there. One who stated he wasnt elusive , twice. Then the respected profootball focus who who posted the highest elusiveness rating ever. What i was trying to get at there was "dynastyfootballfactory's" analysis was pretty far off IMHO. and uneducated. I like what i see, and have heard, alot. But like you said, theres more work to be done:suds:
Just cuz I'm bored I looked up a few...watched offensive play of ISU vs Oklahoma this year, their one opponent who might have a couple NFL caliber defensive players. He was roughly "meh". As to his elusiveness, I don't know how they calculate it, nor just how close a tackle has to be to being a tackle, but isnt, to be an " official" missed tackle..but I personally counted about seven in that one game, most had him squared up pretty good, but the defender was a schmuck.

Boggles my mind, in this day and age with all the emphasis on "player safety" and not leading with a helmet, and on and on, why the EFF defensive players still go for a big hit/knockdown, instead of wrapping a dude up, idiots

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cuz I'm bored I looked up a few...watched offensive play of ISU vs Oklahoma this year, their one opponent who might have a couple NFL caliber defensive players. He was roughly "meh". As to his elusiveness, I don't know how they calculate it, nor just how close a tackle has to be to being a tackle, but isnt, to be an " official" missed tackle..but I personally counted about seven in that one game, most had him squared up pretty good, but the defender was a schmuck.

Boggles my mind, in this day and age with all the emphasis on "player safety" and not leading with a helmet, and on and on, why the EFF defensive players still go for a big hit/knockdown, instead of wrapping a dude up, idiots
ha i agree, on the tackling. totally agree, especially in college! i think if he can show some athleticism in the workouts, hes gonna be a day one or 2 pick

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see some pretty good interior lineman in those..not much that sells me entirely on Snell though. Sure does seem to get caught from behind more than he should.

Gonna have to find some "non highlight" film, see how good he is when there isnt a grand canyon in front of him.
I’ve seen Snell play live twice. He is really good. He can carry the load. Reminds me a lot of Quizz Rodgers coming out. He can take a pounding but still produce.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve seen Snell play live twice. He is really good. He can carry the load. Reminds me a lot of Quizz Rodgers coming out. He can take a pounding but still produce.
i agree snell is quite good. But if his nfl comp is quizz, im not interested for fantasy purposes

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree snell is quite good. But if his nfl comp is quizz, im not interested for fantasy purposes
I more used that comparison for the undersized guy that can carry a load. It was college Quizz that I was comparing him to

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit of a homer pick, but don't sleep on Mike Weber from OSU. He split carries with JK Dobbins for the last two seasons, but he went over 100 on the top run defense in the nation (MSU) and was just under 100 on 13 carries against one of the top overall defenses in the nation (michigan), averaging 5.7 ypc combined in those 2 games. It was also a decidedly bad year rushing for OSU as their OL took a step back, but he's a solid prospect. Great size at 5'10", 214, and he's gotten faster and faster over the last 3 years while remaining physical. He has a year of eligibility but I think he forgoes it and goes pro. I'd be thrilled to have him in the 3rd/4th rd.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't really like the comps, but i've seen Blount, Lynch, Corey Dillon, and Hershal Walker. I really think my comp to Tevin plus Gore like Tevin he identifies the hole, gets out of the backfield quickly, and takes great angles.

I see some pretty good interior lineman in those..not much that sells me entirely on Snell though. Sure does seem to get caught from behind more than he should.

Gonna have to find some "non highlight" film, see how good he is when there isnt a grand canyon in front of him.

Yup Kentucky has a good run blocking line. He has a ton of game film on Youtube he's started and been productive all 3 years.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really like the comps, but i've seen Blount, Lynch, Corey Dillon, and Hershal Walker. I really think my comp to Tevin plus Gore like Tevin he identifies the hole, gets out of the backfield quickly, and takes great angles.

Yup Kentucky has a good run blocking line. He has a ton of game film on Youtube he's started and been productive all 3 years.
hes been good since he came, was always at the allstar camps with the big names, and was somehow rated a 3 star prospect, while outperfoming others at camps. They had it on an espn segment

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snell or Love....

I like those backs at the 230lb range, they can run pass routes and lower a shoulder and get that extra yard.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Gaskin are identical, if your gonna make them every down backs then you need to run zone,
both can make a cut and are off and running, great hands out of the backfield as well.

Personally I love guys like this but I'm also aware you need that big back as well, Blount made me understand that last year and him not resigned by Philly really hurts them

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a bit of a homer pick, but don't sleep on Mike Weber from OSU. He split carries with JK Dobbins for the last two seasons, but he went over 100 on the top run defense in the nation (MSU) and was just under 100 on 13 carries against one of the top overall defenses in the nation (michigan), averaging 5.7 ypc combined in those 2 games. It was also a decidedly bad year rushing for OSU as their OL took a step back, but he's a solid prospect. Great size at 5'10", 214, and he's gotten faster and faster over the last 3 years while remaining physical. He has a year of eligibility but I think he forgoes it and goes pro. I'd be thrilled to have him in the 3rd/4th rd.

Enough good underclassmen are declaring maybe the RB class will be solid

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love and Gaskin are identical, if your gonna make them every down backs then you need to run zone,
both can make a cut and are off and running, great hands out of the backfield as well.

Personally I love guys like this but I'm also aware you need that big back as well, Blount made me understand that last year and him not resigned by Philly really hurts them
I think Philly learned their lesson this year and will address RB in the draft. Not first round, but I think they grab a guy Friday night to be their RB1.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philly learned their lesson this year and will address RB in the draft. Not first round, but I think they grab a guy Friday night to be their RB1.

Yeah there and MLB.

All that money up front and they have no one in the middle that cleans up on the tackles...

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart he really needs to make sure he's healthy to get his stock back up.