• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Regular Season Thread

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that horrible stretch he had in mid-late May and June really killed any value he had. By the time he started turning it around again in July, it wasn't going to matter because teams were going to lowball us. If he can not have any major hiccups in these final two months, we might be able to get something decent for him at the Winter Meetings. Teams probably see him as a 7th or 8th inning guy but not as a closer, which probably hurts his value a little bit as well. Otherwise, I think we'll have to wait until next year like you said before exploring trading him again.

Im saying don't trade him at all.....Hyde should put him in where he is most comfortable (middle relief) and develop a new closer. Orioles cant wait 5 years for new talent to develop when its already here

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying don't trade him at all.....Hyde should put him in where he is most comfortable (middle relief) and develop a new closer. Orioles cant wait 5 years for new talent to develop when its already here
So another Brach situation where he excels in the 7th or 8th just doesn’t have the closer mentality. I’d have no issue with that if it upped his trade value for next year. I’d say if we develop a new closer, have it be Bundy or Harvey and see how it works.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another Brach situation where he excels in the 7th or 8th just doesn’t have the closer mentality. I’d have no issue with that if it upped his trade value for next year. I’d say if we develop a new closer, have it be Bundy or Harvey and see how it works.

Isnt that a better alternative?.....of course it is. instead of worrying about a time-frame challenge just switch the player role in this case pitching

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The orioles have the talent already, their problems are the same as every other team in the league just more frequently. If they can minimize giving up the homerun ball, then they'll be fine, didn't they have the homerun ball problem under Showalter?...Yes, Hyde has to pull his pitchers earlier especially after homers given up.

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well problem is the o's are trying to find a cubs jake . we have a team loaded in pitching at aa . problem is none or only a few will have to be protected in rule v next years . what turned bowie season around was McCoy he makes the avg play sounds a little like jj hardy at short . kline needs to be put on the mound in the pros to learn .

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably more along the lines of Hyde being in over his head.
From what I’ve heard, it’s more of a Davis pulling a Manny and not putting forth a full effort when he was out in the field.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve heard, it’s more of a Davis pulling a Manny and not putting forth a full effort when he was out in the field.
Hell, can you blame him or anyone else on the team not giving 100%? This team is god awful. The pitchers can't keep the ball in the park to save their lives.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, can you blame him or anyone else on the team not giving 100%? This team is god awful. The pitchers can't keep the ball in the park to save their lives.
For that god awful contract he’s playing under and how piss poor he’s been at the plate the past couple of years, he should at least try to save face somehow. Really hope that the front office buys out his contract at the end of the season so he doesn’t have to take up a space on the 25 man roster anymore.

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's getting paid $23 million to hit .180. The least he can do is try hard.

He's the oldest player on the roster, he needs to be a role model for younger players.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world did these Orioles are moving out of Baltimore rumors originate from?

mikeytheman247

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where in the world did these Orioles are moving out of Baltimore rumors originate from?

No clue. I saw something online I didn't even bother reading it. I can't imagine that would be true. They have what I think is the best MLB stadium. If they had a good team the stands would be packed. You can expect fans to support the terrible team that is put on the field almost every year.

If anything, they should sell the team.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No clue. I saw something online I didn't even bother reading it. I can't imagine that would be true. They have what I think is the best MLB stadium. If they had a good team the stands would be packed. You can expect fans to support the terrible team that is put on the field almost every year.

If anything, they should sell the team.
The only team I've ever heard rumblings about moving are the Rays, which I can at least understand why they'd want to get out as fast as possible. The mere thought of the O's moving out of OPACY is laughable to me. Every fan of the O's and even baseball knew that the O's weren't going to be all that competitive for the next few years, so logically, the stands won't be packed.

As for selling the team, I don't know how Angelos' sons will run the team but if that were ever happen, I'd want it to be someone that'd be willing to spend whatever it took to get this team competitive every year, along with putting in the resources for scouting, analytics, etc...

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I've ever heard rumblings about moving are the Rays, which I can at least understand why they'd want to get out as fast as possible. The mere thought of the O's moving out of OPACY is laughable to me. Every fan of the O's and even baseball knew that the O's weren't going to be all that competitive for the next few years, so logically, the stands won't be packed.

As for selling the team, I don't know how Angelos' sons will run the team but if that were ever happen, I'd want it to be someone that'd be willing to spend whatever it took to get this team competitive every year, along with putting in the resources for scouting, analytics, etc...

I think they will be competitive starting next season.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they be better, yes, I believe so. Will they be anywhere near competitive, not yet as I don't believe we'll still have the starting pitching to compete.

hattersgonnahate

Armchair Sabermetrician
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Typical anti-Baltimore bias, I guess? Look, we all know that Baltimore City has serious systematic issues... but to suggest that the Orioles are no longer economic viable as an organization because of that (and therefore needs to move, etc.) is simply going too far.

Fixed it for you (as much as I hate to say this): "I think they will be competitive when Chris Davis is no longer on the 40-man roster."

Last edited:

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical anti-Baltimore bias, I guess? Look, we all know that Baltimore City has serious systematic issues... but to suggest that the Orioles are no longer economic viable as an organization because of that (and therefore needs to move, etc.) is simply going too far.

Fixed it for you (as much as I hate to say this): "I think they will be competitive when Chris Davis is no longer on the 40-man roster."
I think that anyone that even keeps up with baseball knew that the Orioles weren’t going to draw big crowds this year and probably the next couple after that. When these drafts start paying off in a few years, the crowds will start coming back. If the Orioles did for some stupid reason ever move out, it’d be a disgrace to let the best ballpark in the league (in my opinion) be an afterthought. As I said earlier, if there’s any team that I’d ever see moving within the next five years, it’s the Rays.
Agree about Davis. All he’s doing at this point is clogging up a roster space for someone that could probably be just as, if not more useful.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve said this numerous times but I’ll say it again. I can tolerate losing if the team is more talented. It pisses me off when players do stupid shit that should be considered basic fundamentals. For example, what Bundy did in this game tonight on his last batter infuriated me. After the third strike and the bases are loaded, you go cover the plate if the ball gets away, not stand around with a thumb up your ass and allow a second runner to score as well.