• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought
Manning was always working on his footwork even late in his career

Lock like cutler throws off his back foot a lot. Watch the cutups

Why is Lock not working on footwork to become a better QB in college

Death by inches. It’s this small stuff that Elway needs to figure out.

Why not work on it an easy exercise to perform anywhere anytime

I would say a lot of college players are not pushed to work on such things. If they are doing well for their team without it being fully fixed then not always worth that extra time to fix it. There is also a lack of development being put forth on college players. Spread teams out and let the QB just pick them apart is the wave that has hit college football for some time. It is also why a lot of OL players are so ill prepared to come to the NFL because they were hardly ever asked to work on footwork but just rely on athleticism to get by.

I mean if we are going to look at a recent QB that came out with big time flawed mechanics then look no further than the Chiefs with Mahomes. His footwork was horrendous and he was constantly throwing off his back foot. He improved dramatically in this area with just one year in the NFL. He still isn't perfect as there are still plenty of examples that he relies on his arm more than proper mechanics but nothing like he did in college.

Finally, I would argue Missouri coaches were not great. Lock was there when nobody wanted to coach that program after the protests. Lock did the best he could do with what he had. His pro day will be a big indicator of the work though that he is putting in to fix some of those footwork issues. Yes it isn't a live game by any means but easy to see what a player has been working on during those drills.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would like to be the wit who gets off the first "Lock and Load" for acquiring Lock.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I would like to be the wit who gets off the first "Lock and Load" for acquiring Lock.

Dibs on "Lock, stock, and barrel".

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those English Majors - I offer up the Great Alexander Pope's satire "The r*pe of the Lock."

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again - going back to the future - this is how Elway came into the league - he sat mostly his first season - behind Morton (old, crippled Morton).
I thought it was Steve DeBerg?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was Steve DeBerg?

Yes - you are probably correct (but there was an old crippled Morton around that time). ;)

Actually - Deberg makes for another historical coincidence - as his time around the league - is roughly equivalent to Keenum's. Even more evidence Elway is going back to the future.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - you are probably correct (but there was an old crippled Morton around that time). ;)

Actually - Deberg makes for another historical coincidence - as his time around the league - is roughly equivalent to Keenum's. Even more evidence Elway is going back to the future.
Yeah, Morton’s last season was 1982, and Elway was drafted in 1983. DeBerg, Elway, and Kubiak all started games that season.

Interestingly enough, Manning was the first QB not wearing #7 to start a Super Bowl for Denver.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still hoping we find a spot for Roby, call me crazy, but I think most of his shortcomings last season were mental and coaching change

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m still hoping we find a spot for Roby, call me crazy, but I think most of his shortcomings last season were mental and coaching change

You need a coaching change, you mental crazy Roby lover.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You need a coaching change, you mental crazy Roby lover.

I can't think of anything funnier than this - so I will just give it a silent, respectful bow.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby I would not mind keeping.

the problem is what he is really worth. He is best as Nickle.

He is best to be the 3rd CB and could be considered worth top money doing that.

The problem is OC he will find a sucker that will pay him like a #2cb

He may develop but IMO Right now he is really good #3 IMO we have a solid #3 already on the team

I have a question what would you rate Justin Simmons as a player on our team? Is he a CB instead?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess Harris is getting tired playing against Nickle WR position when Roby comes in.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roby I would not mind keeping.

the problem is what he is really worth. He is best as Nickle.

He is best to be the 3rd CB and could be considered worth top money doing that.

The problem is OC he will find a sucker that will pay him like a #2cb

He may develop but IMO Right now he is really good #3 IMO we have a solid #3 already on the team

I have a question what would you rate Justin Simmons as a player on our team? Is he a CB instead?

The way I understand things is the Broncos want to keep Simmons at the FS spot this year. Stewart will be gone and FS is the most natural position that Simmons has for the team. Last season they put too much on his plate asking him to know both safety positions and every CB spot as well. Simplify things for him and I think the kid can shine.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is a great athlete that can do many things to help the team but I think FS is his best position.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also believe Simmons is best as a FS

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just as a bummer to some of you I am highly doubting that Roby will be back. He did some things that the team did not appreciate much this year. I know during the Jets game he at one point went over to their sideline and was telling players to convince their coaches to get him in FA or trade for him. He just wasn't all that engaged in this season beyond that of getting paid in the offseason.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys that might make sense:
Tyrell Williams - WR: He is a deep threat and could complement Sanders, Sutton, and Hamilton.

Golden Tate - WR: A vet that could replace the Sanders leadership if he is released. He is sure handed and could be come a 3rd down target.

Jamison Crowder - WR/PR: I am not sure how much success he has had as PR in the NFL was was wonderful college PR and has made some plays as a NFL WR.

Jeff Heuerman - TE: There are not a lot of exciting TE prospects in Free Agency and he could help bridge the game to Butt (if he can return) and Troy Fumagalli.

Jared Cook - TE: He was dynamic at times and could mentor and be the bridge to the future at TE.

Jesse James - TE: He has shown some potential and could be a potential longer term #2 TE.

C.J. Mosely - ILB: Can help transform the front 7. He is not as fast as he used to be from what I read, but still on heck of ILB.

Jordan Hicks - ILB: Dynamic player that struggles with injuries.

Adrian Amos - S: Another ex-Bear that is a very good player.

Bryce Callahan - CB: Fangio is familiar with him and could help the transition to how Fangio wants the defense.

Tyrann Mathieu - S: He is a lot of things, but there seems to be something that teams don't want.

Landon Collins - S: He is another player that could be a difference maker, and has play making skills.

I am sure I have missed some players that Denver should target and there are some that under the radar players that I don't even know about that should be on the list.

Thoughts?