• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019 Detroit Lions cut tracker, live roster updates

Cuts so far (2):
Current roster (89)

Remember: the deadline to cut down the roster to 53 players is 4 p.m. ET on Saturday.

I would have kept Adams. Whats worse is that means we are most likely keeping Washington again. If we dont cut Donnal I will fricken scream. What a useless sack of crap he is. I would cut Crosby too but I think they see potential in him. He sucked ass the entire preseason.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have kept Adams. Whats worse is that means we are most likely keeping Washington again. If we dont cut Donnal I will fricken scream. What a useless sack of crap he is. I would cut Crosby too but I think they see potential in him. He sucked ass the entire preseason.

UDFA Safety CJ Moore might be an option to keep but I think he honestly needs to go to PS.

Washington's only value is gunner because he can't cover and misses too many tackles, imo.

They'll need to keep Crosby, at first, and then hope someone good shows up on the waiver wire. Crosby sucked ass, balls and dick pics last night as well as the entire pre-season as you've stated.

Donnal has no business being in the NFL, period. He's Dan Skipper v2.0

I'll stick with my initial 53 will only be temporary and expect 3-5 waiver pickups to replace those if there's a match for scheme.

PJ Johnson nor Atkins should make final 53. They're too raw and Hand, Daniels, Robinson, Loewen, Strong all can slide inside to give reps at NT to relieve Snacks throughout games. Maybe a waiver wire pickup with someone who has experience and is a solid run stopper is possible.

I'd keep Kennedy over Fulgham or Powell too. He has more to offer down the road with more reps.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FCS COMBINE: Receivers Top Performances

Tom Kennedy didn't run the forty or the 60 but he has the metrics in all other areas.

At a minimum he's deserving of PS slot.

He needs reps and displays much better off the LOS burst and cutting ability at top before break than Fulgham or Powell.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions rework Sam Martin’s contract, make 2020 voidable year

This is the time of year Detroit Lions general manager Bob Quinn likes to work out contract adjustments. Apparently it was time to revisit punter Sam Martin’s deal, as the Lions have reworked parts of the final two years of the deal signed back in 2016.

According to ESPN’s Field Yates, Martin salary for 2019 has dropped from $2.4 million to $1.7 million, and the Lions made the final year of his contract (2020) now voidable.

It’s unclear if this is just a straight pay cut for Martin or if he’s getting kicked back some guaranteed money. Either way, this is a clear sign of two things. First, Martin will obviously be the team’s punter in 2019, confirming what we all pretty much knew already. Secondly, however, this puts the pressure on Martin to perform well this year, as 2019 essentially becomes a contract year for Martin. Play well and he may get a brand-new contract next offseason. Underwhelm, and his future with the team is not guaranteed past December.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UDFA Safety CJ Moore might be an option to keep but I think he honestly needs to go to PS.

Washington's only value is gunner because he can't cover and misses too many tackles, imo.

They'll need to keep Crosby, at first, and then hope someone good shows up on the waiver wire. Crosby sucked ass, balls and dick pics last night as well as the entire pre-season as you've stated.

Donnal has no business being in the NFL, period. He's Dan Skipper v2.0

I'll stick with my initial 53 will only be temporary and expect 3-5 waiver pickups to replace those if there's a match for scheme.

PJ Johnson nor Atkins should make final 53. They're too raw and Hand, Daniels, Robinson, Loewen, Strong all can slide inside to give reps at NT to relieve Snacks throughout games. Maybe a waiver wire pickup with someone who has experience and is a solid run stopper is possible.

I'd keep Kennedy over Fulgham or Powell too. He has more to offer down the road with more reps.

I agree about Crosby. Hoefully someone better is picked up.

PJ was a beast last night. They could take the chance and try to get him on the PS but IMO he outplayed the other DLs. I dont want to lose him. Loewen was very good too. Strong still does not impress me.

As far as the WRs go I doubt Fulgham is getting cut. He has a lot of upside. I was high on Kennedy but he needs a lot of work. Powell may beat him out. Powell was much better on ST too. I expect we grab a waiver wire WR as the 6th spot or maybe Lacy sticks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuts so far (3):
:L The only G worth his salt after the starters and they let him go. Maybe they will only keep 8 on the OL then. The rest of the OL sucked massively. Bowanko and that other dufus didnt even know their assignments. Hopefully they get active on the WW.