• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 Offseason Thread

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I watched some of Monday's preseason game against the Bruins.
Only preaseason, but went as well as it could have for both Hughes and Gusev.
Hughes had 2 goals plus game winner, but highlight to me was that crazy pass he made to Gusev which ended up being saved.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent been around for awhile.... so whats it look like this season fellas? With Hall back and back to back # 1s, plus the grit we signed in the offseason, is it possible we are a contender this year? Preseason seems to be going okay.... thoughts? And good to hear from everyone again.....

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent been around for awhile.... so whats it look like this season fellas? With Hall back and back to back # 1s, plus the grit we signed in the offseason, is it possible we are a contender this year? Preseason seems to be going okay.... thoughts? And good to hear from everyone again.....
Hughes looks awfully slick and Gusev looks really good too, Excited this season

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea its just preseason but seen some good signs.

1) Hughes can play. The guy is a natural. He knows where to go to be open. He can score, be a play maker. So far I think we all like what we see. He was setting up Hall against the Rangers left and right. This might be the selling point for a Hall contract, who knows. For Hughes, talent wise, sky is the limit.
2) Gusev might be the steal of the summer. He might be a high end scoring wing this team needed. He also matches up so far with Hughes and others.
3) Cory seems to have gained some confidence. I think the goalie situation has been failing the Devils last few years. Hopefully Blackwood continues to have solid games in net. Goalie is the big question mark
4) Even with Subban, I think defense is going to be an unknown. Ty Smith has shown promise but overall, to make the playoffs, we can't have the same defense we seen the past few seasons.
5) Think we all know here I am a fan of Nico. I like his 3 assist showing the other night and we need this guy to continue to improve on the ice and as a leader. His two way game has been improving and I hope he can have a break out year offensively.
6) Guys like Wood and Zacha need to show up or I think their career days with the team are numbered. Hynes made some comments the last week about guys not showing up and I think certain guys who were starters the past year or 2 are not locked into the lineup as they think they are.

Definitely an exciting feeling for the upcoming season. I did feel same way last year and it started going down hill fast especially after Hall was hurt. We will see.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Ty Smith will go back to juniors.

Isles waived Thomas Hickey, wouldn't mind picking him up if Smith is getting sent back.