• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NFL Playoff Games Thread

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee did seem like the team of destiny.... until they ran into Chief Wampum.
Yep, if I were a gambling man, I'd have thrown down a little green on Tennessee today, everything just seemed to be falling perfect for them. But the Chef's are going to the Super Bowl

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tennessee did seem like the team of destiny.... until they ran into Chief Wampum.
When they were up in the first half, I figured they'd try and ride Henry to the end and it kind of seems that was the plan - until they fell behind and didn't answer - it was basically all over at that point. ..

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers doesnt look like himself.
Is it possible he's on the decline already?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dreadful game all around in the first half. Although Jones and Rodgers has an ok half. Second half offense was functioning at least but the defense tackled for shit and made zero adjustments. Got outplayed badly.

a few individual solid games but that amounts to absolutely nothing at this point

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tough...it sure seems like he's still got everything phsyically, but something ain't clicking for him like it used to. Scheme not clicking with him, or someone other than Adams being dependable, ate a shitty burrito before the game..I dunno.

He's showed plenty in various games to say he's still an elite QB..but something is different

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it is kinda tough that almost every time you walk out there your D has given up 7 more...

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are devoid of legit playmakers outside of Adams. Hopefully Sternberger can play next year and they MUST find another outside the numbers WR.

this defense has been playing very well the last month and a half did dick today.

Rodgers had 8 incompletions on nearly 40 attempts with two TDs, very nearly three with Graham. He wasn’t the issue tonite lol.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough...it sure seems like he's still got everything phsyically, but something ain't clicking for him like it used to. Scheme not clicking with him, or someone other than Adams being dependable, ate a shitty burrito before the game..I dunno.

He's showed plenty in various games to say he's still an elite QB..but something is different
I do agree something was different this season but first year in the scheme with limited pass catchers

I know some or someone I’ll go the Bayless route and say excuses

Last edited:

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree something was different this season but first year in the scheme with limited pass catchers

I know some or someone I’ll go the Bayless route and say excuses
Excuses/valid reasons..its objective from any given POV..Or as WE might say, either would be true, "from a certain point of view"

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses/valid reasons..its objective from any given POV..Or as WE might say, either would be true, "from a certain point of view"
I get that but all scenarios aren’t equal. It’s hard to criticize when the situations for players are so different. It’s almost never and apples to apples comparison.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rodgers has been overrated for some time now.

He is still a good player, but he is just to risk averse for his own good. He would rather throw the ball away than hit the tight window throw he used to make routinely. He doesn’t push the ball downfield enough either, unless he gets that free play.

People still want to put him in that top QB tier, but the reality is that his play hasn’t been on that level for at least a couple years. There are enough weapons in that offense where it would be a juggernaut if Rodgers was still elite. Instead, they are middle of the pack offensively.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I ask (not to rub salt in the wounds of any Packers fans) is because of the age-old argument: does an elite QB make the WR better or does the elite WR make the QB better? Rodgers was always considered elite. The elite of the elite. Just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another reason I ask (not to rub salt in the wounds of any Packers fans) is because of the age-old argument: does an elite QB make the WR better or does the elite WR make the QB better? Rodgers was always considered elite. The elite of the elite. Just doesn't seem to be there anymore.

I think the clear answer is both.

But like I said with Rodgers, he has been overrated for some time now.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the clear answer is both.

But like I said with Rodgers, he has been overrated for some time now.
Overrated may be too harsh.
Id love to have an overrated QB like Rusty Rodgers.

Last edited:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overrated may be too harsh.
Id love to have an overrated QB like Rusty Rodgers.
That’s my thing. People either call
Him elite or overrated. There is never any middle ground. I agree the last couple of years havent been at his elite level but the numbers he puts up in his down years are still solid. He did take deep shots but he and MVS never got on the same page.

what’s funny to me is Rodgers gets hammered for only having one ring...why do we never hear that about Brees?

I’m hopeful hear two in this system and hopefully with an improvement in weapons his numbers will go back to that top tier level

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s my thing. People either call
Him elite or overrated. There is never any middle ground. I agree the last couple of years havent been at his elite level but the numbers he puts up in his down years are still solid. He did take deep shots but he and MVS never got on the same page.

what’s funny to me is Rodgers gets hammered for only having one ring...why do we never hear that about Brees?

I’m hopeful hear two in this system and hopefully with an improvement in weapons his numbers will go back to that top tier level
Cuz ol' Mr. Short stack was never supposed to get there in the first place. Was never gonna hack it in SD, was passed over by Miami who choose to trade a #2 instead of a moderately priced free agency deal. He's the underdog who you never expected to be great.
Rodgers is the guy that followed Favre. 'Nuff said

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuz ol' Mr. Short stack was never supposed to get there in the first place. Was never gonna hack it in SD, was passed over by Miami who choose to trade a #2 instead of a moderately priced free agency deal. He's the underdog who you never expected to be great.
Rodgers is the guy that followed Favre. 'Nuff said
Brees is still talked about as the one of the elites in the league and has been for years.saints hired Payton the same year Packers hires McCarthy. There are many parallels between the two duos.

It’s much ado about nothing but they went one and done again this year

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brees is still talked about as the one of the elites in the league and has been for years.saints hired Payton the same year Packers hires McCarthy. There are many parallels between the two duos.

It’s much ado about nothing but they went one and done again this year
Oh I don't disagree with the sentiment. But, I think that's why he gets a pass, and continued praise even with a moderate drop off, whereas Rodgers is just simply held to a different standard. It probably ain't right, but, its reality, at least in my view

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't disagree with the sentiment. But, I think that's why he gets a pass, and continued praise even with a moderate drop off, whereas Rodgers is just simply held to a different standard. It probably ain't right, but, its reality, at least in my view
It doesn’t change anything for me. Just always stuck out to me