• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2019 NFL Draft Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can use this as the official draft thread. You can post related news, etc on here.

Some reports from within the Arizona Cardinals is that their HC is telling people in the facility that they have a deal in place to make Kyler Murray the first pick in the draft. Obviously, this mean that they have to make a move with Josh Rosen.

Could be usual 1st pick/draft smoke and mirrors -- there could be something to it. Lets see how it all plays out.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montez Sweat is 6'6 260 with a 4.41 forty

I'd prefer a DE in the first.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montez Sweat is 6'6 260 with a 4.41 forty

I'd prefer a DE in the first.
Agreed unless one of the top 3 QB's slide to them...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not mind Montez Sweat at all. He will be a good one no matter what team he goes to.

On a different note as to why I was posting today -- With the rumors of Kyler Murray to Arizona being all but official now -- Daniel Jones has emerged as an option at QB for many draft talking-heads who feel the team will/should go QB.

In addition to that, with the rumors heating up that the Dolphins will be cutting Tannehill( I obviously don't agree with the move) -- there are also rumors that the Fins will pursue Teddy Bridgewater, to be their -- dare I say -- "bridge" guy -- whether the Fins decide to draft a QB in this draft or wait until next year.

Lets see how it all plays out.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would not mind Montez Sweat at all. He will be a good one no matter what team he goes to.

On a different note as to why I was posting today -- With the rumors of Kyler Murray to Arizona being all but official now -- Daniel Jones has emerged as an option at QB for many draft talking-heads who feel the team will/should go QB.

In addition to that, with the rumors heating up that the Dolphins will be cutting Tannehill( I obviously don't agree with the move) -- there are also rumors that the Fins will pursue Teddy Bridgewater, to be their -- dare I say -- "bridge" guy -- whether the Fins decide to draft a QB in this draft or wait until next year.

Lets see how it all plays out.
The beauty is that the Fins don't have to make a decision on Tanny until June so they can see how everything plays out first. It's to their advantage to cut him in the summer so they can do what's best then. Would be great to keep him and groom a younger guy behind him unless of course the younger guy beats him out even better...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFLN's Charley Casserly: Comments from teams on Kyler Murray were worst he has heard

Maybe he shouldve stuck with baseball where he already had guaranteed money he could pocket having already been drafted by a team.

Hopefully the rumors of the Cardinals having a deal in place with him are true -- and he will be off the board long before the Fins pick.

For me, the nail in the coffin was him not participating in most of the events at the combine -- I know many prospects do it every year -- and it doesn't necessarily derail their chances/career -- but its quite a diva move, IMO.

This guy is not the type of player this organization needs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I mentioned this already -- but Daniel Jones now emerging as the choice for the Dolphins among the draft talking heads that still see them going with a QB -- this, of course -- due to the rumors of Kyler Murray being a done deal with Arizona.

I think depending on how the chips fall for other teams in free agency at the QB position -- Jones and Grier will still be available for the taking in the second round.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I mentioned this already -- but Daniel Jones now emerging as the choice for the Dolphins among the draft talking heads that still see them going with a QB -- this, of course -- due to the rumors of Kyler Murray being a done deal with Arizona.

I think depending on how the chips fall for other teams in free agency at the QB position -- Jones and Grier will still be available for the taking in the second round.
I'd be ok with this but they may have to trade back into the first round to get the guy they want. NE may snag one...

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones and Grier will be available in the second round -- which I think is the best value to get them at anyway. If these guys are of the Fins liking, I don't think they will need to make a trade to select them.

Free agency is days away now -- lets see what the Fins ultimately do there first. Plans for the draft will surely clear up at that point.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking they will take a TE.​

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Jones and Grier will be available in the second round -- which I think is the best value to get them at anyway. If these guys are of the Fins liking, I don't think they will need to make a trade to select them.

Free agency is days away now -- lets see what the Fins ultimately do there first. Plans for the draft will surely clear up at that point.
Hopefully that's what happens if they do go QB I'd rather it be after round one.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may draft a QB this year and next depending on who falls to them. I'm cool with that but would still prefer a lineman with the first pick this year... QB that slides round two.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Picking the BPA at Right Tackle could be the best choice.

Other solid choices could be the BPA at DE or DT unless the QB that the team wants slides to 13.

I wont be disappointed if the team decides to trade down and add an addition pick or picks for this draft and or next draft.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, based on the strength of this draft - going with the BPA would be going after a (in no particular order) DE, DT, or OL in the first round -- anything else is a reach at this point.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, based on the strength of this draft - going with the BPA would be going after a (in no particular order) DE, DT, or OL in the first round -- anything else is a reach at this point.

The good news is that this draft has good talent and depth at positions of need for the Fins. They should be able to add quality talent to the Dline and Oline. They may pick one of the Clemson defensive players in the first round.

The Fins have done lots of research on QB's, Haskins and others. It will be intriguing. One of the guys available could be Josh Rosen. I think that it's too early in his NFL career to properly judge him either way. Especially since he played on the worst team. The Fins coaches would be better for him or whoever they draft or trade for at QB. If the Fins don't see the value in a QB early this year waiting could also work because next draft should be a top 5 pick. The Fins will need to protect Fitzpatrick and/or a rookie for the future by adding talent to the oline.

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't disagree but if one of the top QB's fall to 13 it would be hard to pass. I'd actually be happy to trade back and acquire more picks. They would probably still end up with a good lineman so why not?